Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
I heard lowtax lures children into his van with members CC numbers is that true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Gorman Thomas posted:

THIS THREAD loving SUCKS NOW GODDAMNIT

Another play right out of the alt-right playbook.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

In the US you're allowed to just opt out of withholding? You need to get permission from the revenue agency to reduce withholding in Canada.

I doubt most payroll processors will let you claim exempt since they'd assume you're just loving up.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Haifisch posted:

This is why you should look at your credit card statements every once in a while:

How did he manage to keep the same number for 10 years?

Harry fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 23, 2017

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Devian666 posted:

I can't figure out how that couple are struggling when they should have a huge savings rate. Student loans and mortgage are inconsequential given their combined income (unless tax is a lot higher than I'm expecting).

They're paying $25,000 a year tops when it comes to taxes, most likely less. They're either lighting money on fire elsewhere, or it's one of those stupid articles that considers retirement contributions as an expense. I liked how they wanted to have the government step in and save them though.

quote:

The mortgage payment works out to $30K a year, that's not including property taxes and insurance, then they have student loan payments, federal income tax/FICA, guessing at least one car payment, plus lifestyle like being able to hit the locally sourced organic brewing company, it really comes down to lifestyle. The mortgage payment may be reasonable in Auckland or Vancouver or if one of them was working at Amazon but it isn't and they're not.
The mortage payment includes property taxes and insurance. Plug in $437,900 and 3.625% interest are mortgage calcuator and P&I is going to be around $2000 a month. Their student loans have been $100 a month, and both cars are paid for.

Harry fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 24, 2017

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

monster on a stick posted:

Even areas of Juanita should be somewhat reasonably priced still but I haven't checked recently. It's not just saving money, it's also a lot less of a commute which is GWM and GWL because you aren't in a car all day.

I know people who do the $15 workday lunch thing and genuinely don't get it. I guess we are lucky because there's a taco truck that has cheap lunches, plus some inexpensive Asian food (now getting into the $8-10 range) but I think food is a bit less expensive on this side of the water.

Even if they spend $50 a day on food there's still a gigantic hole in their budget.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

Can someone parse his insane plan for me? All I got was that a guy who has a proven terrible track record , having lost millions, now is hyper confidant that he has a foolproof plan to get rich that "can't lose."

He's using leverage to increase his leverage to buy even more leveraged products.

Also, he's a troll that "always gets it wrong", which is what he references in that long post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

For a second there I thought he just googled a credit card number and used that.

• Locked thread