Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Oh yes, I need another version of that Scorponok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

A lot of the spirit of Armada was just in making bizarre nutso decisions for how characters transform as just part of every individual figure's novelty. Which it sure is interesting even if the final humanoid figure itself lacks poseability. Often they even have crazy weird action figures that maybe make up for the lack, or maybe they don't, but they add to the novelty.

Which maybe that's dumb, but it was also a fresh breath from the style of engineering that dominated Beast Wars where most figures got balljoints for everything and all their kibble got put on little arms that swivel out of the way in a weird dangly mess. Armada figures were also a lot sturdier than Beast Wars engineering.

Energon was a bit of a step back from the zaniness of Armada, Cybertron was a bit of a step forward.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I dunno if anyone owned it but I have the urge to look for the old RID SkidZ/Indy Heat, specifically the Japanese release. Those colors are just real fun.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1783825307126108655?s=46

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ok, those look really good! I was iffy on OP, but I like those.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The_Doctor posted:

I was iffy on OP, but I like those.

:chloe:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Neato! I have Missing Link Optimus (toy deco) in my pile of loot.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Missing Link Prime is good, doesn't feel like cheap lightweight plastic, nice poseability. The Matrix chamber pops out so you can put some Diaclone drivers in there if you want. Toy deco, this thing is making my inner 4-year-old very happy.

Those Missing Link minibots look like they transform similarly to some third party ones I sent Dr. What for Secret Santa years back. Those were neat! (I kept the not-Hubcap back from that set for myself, still on display at my house in the living room in a sassy pose the original could never hope to hold.) Hopefully they use heavy plastic on those two so they don't feel quite as fragile.

TL;DR: Bumble and Cliff look good as what they are intended to be!

Pulse also shipped Lunar Rover Prime and it's basically a Voyager/Leader class that shares some similarity with the classic Optimus Prime Transformation (chest forward, bent backwards in the hips and shoulders) but is unique enough to be worth checking out. His eyes are blue and there is no light piping, though, so they're in shadow most of the time. It's not bad, but striking enough to mention.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
One thing I've noticed about Lunar Rover Prime is that it seems to be the premiere of a new/refined strategy for dealing with the intractable Optimus Prime diaper problem. It looks pretty good in motion and I hope that this or a similar strategy is applied for SS86 Optimus.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Some new pics of MP(G)-60/09

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They Tried

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I don't dislike it really. I just would have taken a commander class over the MP treatment. The Armada Prime we got in Legacy was great and I feel like it's a spiritual successor to power master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
It's really disappointing that I don't have leader Sandstorm yet. Someone should fix this error.