Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Rhyno posted:

He needs a bluetooth module so you can trigger him with your phone.

Or at least a motion sensor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Don't forget that Amazon isn't afraid to price match, so there's a definite possibility that they'll drop their price to 110 by the beginning of August as well.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Oh come on, you just know Dr. Wu is going to come out with a "Trainee Cannon" within a month of Swerve hitting shelves.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I had the same reaction. Those things are like shampoo bottles. I am not some kind of "lol gently caress action masters" guy-- at least they come with a thing that transforms.

And more than two joints.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SpikeMcclane posted:

You might want to troll the TRU ebay store. Acid Storm and Soundwave have both gone up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transfor-So...=item2c709a2ff6

Aaaand they're gone. 100 sold in about 6 minutes.

Luckily I was order #70 :woop:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Speaking of TRU, there's a slight silver lining to the whole Masterpiece fiasco: apparently they're giving out 10% coupons for your next eBay order from them if you're one of the ones who attempted to purchase a Soundwave and/or Acid Storm.

The best part? Nothing's stopping you from using said coupon when you actually re-order them on the 18th... :getin:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

No Your Other Left posted:

Four days until TRU Soundwave's original release date. Any new info at all? Getting kind of nervous.

No idea, but my paypal refund went through and I got the TRU discount email saved, so it's ebay store or bust for me... :ohdear:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wow, you think they would've learned after CHUG Cheetor.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Rage posted:

edit: And where the gently caress are his hands?!?

Anthropocentric jerk!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Rage posted:

Midnight EST come and gone. Midnight PST in 2 hours and change. According to the Washington/Oregon/California distribution center, they have 1000 on hand, with 995 earmarked for online orders only.

Any word on if it'll be on their official site only or if they'll use the eBay store again as well?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Rage posted:

Considering they gave out eBay store coupons, I would wager both.

On the other hand, considering they gave out ebay coupons they might not want to have all 100-200 of them redeemed on an expensive purchase like this.

I tend to err on the side of the dick move :smithicide:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Rage posted:

:siren: ITS LIVE :siren:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

:siren: GET IT QUICK :siren:

edit: Acid Storm still not available for some reason.

Done and done! Thank you, random bout of insomnia beating my sleeping medicine! :toot:

Of course, in my haste I ended up sticking with the free standard shipping instead of any kind of expediting... so now I'm in an all new kind of hell. BUT WHO CARES I FINALLY GOT ONE OF THESE THINGS WITHOUT PAYING A SCALPER :woop:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jul 18, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Blackheart posted:

So apparently the "fan-built" transformer will be a "Fembot Seeker with a sword"

And the fans voted for this when we already have Slipstream why?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So is there any word on what this Covenant of Primus thing entails? Because HOT drat I'd get it for the box alone :flashfap:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 19, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Blackheart posted:

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with the NECA figures?

Shoddy paint apps, limited articulation, overly tight joints, spotty plastic quality, and parts 3 & 4 combining to joints often snapping less than 10 minutes after the figure's removed from the box.

Oh, and for some reason the plastic smells. Like, unlike any other figure line. It's eerie.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 21, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Am I the only one who isn't really that excited for Metroplex? I mean, I've never been a price speculator, it's so large that finding a proper display for it at my place will be near-impossible, the weight would probably make posing tricky as well, and the alt-modes are... yeah. It's nice that it's happening, but I don't get the insane rush/desire for it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
And yet, it still has that gaping hole, large enough to hold an entire Legends figure. Pass.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Blackheart posted:

MP Soundwave apparently has hit retail, if anyone's interested. Grab your guns.

Mine isn't arriving til tomorrow... I think. UPS hasn't updated their tracking since the 20th :tinfoil:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

I might be a weird contrarian here, but I think I'd rather have an Encore Star Saber than a MP one.

Hey, G1 bricks need some loving, too.

Or at the very least an affordable re-release of the Robot Masters mold.

...oh who am I kidding GIVE US THE MASTERPIECE! Oh, and Victory Leo too.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

It would be awesome if we got a MP Optimus Primal that was flocked like G.I. Joe's beard.

MP-45F Beast Megatron (Feathered T-Rex Version)

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Keldroc posted:

So would I, frankly, because that would fill a gap in the G1 collection and not waste a Masterpiece slot on such a minor (to this US fan) character.

To be fair, going by the distribution methods the US is far from the primary market for the Masterpiece line. Hell, Australia seems to be a higher priority somehow.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, but I don't care what their primary market is, I care about whether I want to buy it or not. An MP Armada Prime would probably be the first MP figure I pass on.

Oh, that we agree on sure, but a MP Head/Brainmaster with a base mode, Saber's sword drawing shenanigans and possibly even a combination mode with (REAL long shot) MP Victory Leo would be a lot of firsts for the line. From an engineering standpoint alone it's a must-have.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 24, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SpikeMcclane posted:

Grab your popcorn. Harmony Gold is sueing Hasbro over Jetfire.

Maybe now that a company with some actual stateside muscle is being bullied around Harmony Gold will get the poo poo kicked out of them.

Meanwhile, I just noticed that my MP Soundwave is missing a paint app (namely the gold trim on his left let) but I do not give a gently caress this is somehow even better than MP-10 oh god.

vvvvvvv The SDCC GI Joe vs. Transformers boxset. Which is even less ground to stand on since it's just a regular jet done up in Jetfire's color scheme and doesn't even transform.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 24, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Keldroc posted:

Bandai basically won't work with them anymore, and the license has been essentially deadlocked for nearly 20 years now outside of the DVD releases of Robotech and the original Japanese Macross series about 10 years ago.

That and the people who put out the Macross box set have admitted that they were only able to do so due to HG being "asleep at the wheel" during a managerial shake-up in their legal department.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Revolver Bunker posted:

HG is also the reason I'll never to own Macross Frontier on blu-ray without buying the Japanese copies. The new Valk toys are getting better too. I want that triple changing Koeing Monster drat it.

Well I hope you have 400 dollars handy because the aftermarket prices on it are in-loving-sane.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So the next TF show is now in some sort of quantum superposition where it is both "kiddy like Rescue Bots" and "a dark adult sequel to Prime"?

Ah, fandom :psyduck:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Blackheart posted:

If it's what I'm thinking, it plugs into his wrist (his hand has to be folded away). It's some scanner or something that he used in one episode.

The wiki says it's from Fire On The Mountain. Additionally, in tape deck mode it can connect to the side to act as a sort of data link, with one or both of FIBRIR's pile drivers (in their little storage caps) connected in sequence to form a (very thick) cable.

Or you can just hang it off his butt if you don't want to use it.

E: As for the cube, just pop that cap off one side and the now-tapered part clips into his tape deck door, so it looks like he's forming one like on the show. Vangelus put up a PDF on his site of the papercraft Takara provided to make the cube look pink, along with a scanned version of the scanner readouts that were originally on the back cover of the Takara instruction manual.

God I love this figure so much, it's pretty much tied with (if not better than) MP-10 Prime for the best Masterpiece.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 31, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Proof that I'd be a horrible scalper: Only picked up one MP Soundwave for a friend when it looked like they had at least 3 or 4 in stock. I didn't even come back later and see if a different person was at the counter or anything.

drat yous, functioning senses of guilt and shame!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Trailcutter being the best part of this wave. Not sure about the Megatron criticism though, really think he's pretty solid apart from the fiddly shoulders.

Couldn't find a drat Pax though :smith:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
It's really too bad that the odds of Hasbro seeing Assaulter as a challenge to be beaten, ala Defender vs. Generations Springer, are astronomical.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

GD_American posted:

He is pretty much the fun silly goofiness of G1 personified. He's a loving space shuttle and an old steam locomotive. His name is literally those two things combined. In one of the most dramatic, heavy moments of G1, he is there chugging away as a train then turns into a shuttle and takes everyone away from battle.

And he needs them to shed weight in space, because that's how cartoons work.

Shine on Astrotrain, you crazy bastard :swoon:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The_Doctor posted:

And now Swerve has a voice in my head.

In that case, have an hour (edited for TV) of him.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm sure a dozen Shapeways projects for replacement Soundwave hands/fingers are already underway. It's a lame-rear end design oversight to be sure. I'm just keeping paranoid for now.

How is having nearly the exact same hands as MP-10 an oversight?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I'd rather the temporary inconvenience of popping off than the plastic snapping entirely.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Really, if the part's that small and your room doesn't resemble a junk yard you can probably just find it by sifting through a vacuum cleaner bag.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Thordain posted:

So I saw this thread and after reading the OP I decided to try my first transformers comics in about 10 years by getting the first volume of MTMTE. Two days later I've read the first three volumes and Last Stand of the Wreckers. Now I remember why I think robots are so cool.

Now you have to go out and buy a Springer and a Trailbreakercutter. There's no way around it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

GD_American posted:

no, but seriously, MP Ratbat

Pack-in with MP Soundblaster, 180 dollars.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So, uh, we might be getting movie-brand Dinobots.

If it were still 2007 I'd be excited, but now I'm just stuck wondering how this will inevitably end up WORSE than Beast Hunters.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SRM posted:

I think Bay said he wanted Prime to not be the focus of "the next trilogy" or whatever, so if there was a couple movies with Grimlock as the leader that'd be pretty cool.

Only if he gets to wear his crown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So that's what, another point towards it being a Dinobot-centric movie?