Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
His hips don’t look wide enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, this one has more articulation, but will probably shelfwarm like all its precedents.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Knormal posted:

Apparently that Starscream just showed up at a store in Chile without ever being officially revealed.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/03/06/legacy-united-voyager-cybertron-starscream-new-images-505221

The same Chilean store that unannounced core class Cheetos showed up at! The next Pulse livestream is gonna be scrambling around to show the wave after this one, I’d imagine.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That junkion’s elbow joints are terrible, hopefully they’ve fixed them in some way for Lockdown.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Thew’s having a baby! Well, his partner is, but he definitely helped. :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Did he announce this or is this a rumor I shouldn't spread?

He announced it on his personal FB, which means he’s probably ok with the news being out there.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We’re still missing one of the next wave’s deluxes, no? Gears, Chromia, Shard, and…?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MMC need to do more Reformatted/IDW figures. :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Phy posted:

Haslab Fire Convoy ended up doubling its initial target for backers, but it didn't get swamped like Victory Saber or Deathsaurus, unless there's a shitload of orders that are only gonna get entered/counted in the next day

That usually happens for Haslab anyway. A bunch of orders from other sources will get added in when it ends. Day and a half still to go, y’all!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

He’s not amazing, but he’s fun at least!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I took 6 Cosmos I bought in the UK to TFCon Chicago, and sold them in the bar outside the dealer hall in 20 mins.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

I should get into the international robot smuggling business, clearly.

It’s very annoying, wouldn’t recommend. Constantly chasing who has what exclusive and oh no, Hasbro Pulse have it, never mind.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jeebus bob posted:

Hello thread

I found an old Transformer in the attic and I'm looking for a good resource to help me evaluate, appreciate and potentially sell it.

It's this one:
https://www.transformerland.com/wiki/toy-info/transformers-g1-europe-other-overlord/8904/

Depending on how complete he is, condition, if he’s got the box still, etc, could be a pretty penny.

Valuation-wise, nothing beats checking eBay’s sold listings. They should give you a decent ballpark of an idea.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oof, reports of Haslab Unicron yellowing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Someone posted it on one of the UK TF Facebook groups, but I don't know where they got it. Certainly not from overexposure to sun! :haw:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Poor Hasbro are just chasing what’s already out in stores now. I was surprised they still did the announcement, they’ve definitely skipped a lot of stuff before that has leaked out/was already available somewhere, concentrating instead on what’s to come.

Considering this wave only has 3 deluxes, 1 voyager, 1 leader, etc, it feels like Hasbro are on the back foot right now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/03/27/target-legacy-united-multipack-first-look-507294

This years Target 4-pack is Prime Cliffjumper, prototype colors Tarantulas, G1 Squeezeplay, and Cyberverse Tarn

Anyone who doesn’t want their Tarn from this pack sell them to me. I want to troop build Perfect Decepticons.

What an odd mix of characters. Kind of want 3, Tarantulas can get in the sea.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Last Call posted:

Word is we're getting a Knight Rider collab, how cool is that.

And another crack at Star Wars, but maybe good this time? An X-wing using the Triggerhappy mould would be fantastic.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I think Chase is a better version of the mould than CJ. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

He looks.... like Swoop.

I don't know why this feels anticlimactic, that's exactly what everyone wanted and what we knew we were going to get, a big Swoop.

He is very blandly Swoop. But the other dinobots have also been bland too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve never seen core Snarl in stores.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What's the over/under on Hasbro re-releasing core class Snarl in a future wave? Was he in any of the leaked upcoming listings?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't believe Core Class is particularly well-represented by recent leak compilation documents.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1hLZCNKO34HfKX1YoqiitWrjQHWSTL4xc5sYNLSVpgDE/mobilebasic

There's no indication of any core class package refreshes. However, separately to PRs, Hasbro might reship previous waves.

But they'll re-do core Optimus a dozen times. :argh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Orlando’s Walmart/Target offerings aren’t great. I assume they get picked clean by tourists/scalpers the moment they open. Probably the least touristy one I know is next to the Florida Mall on Sand Lake.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I'm not sure the US southeast's Walmart/Target offerings are great.

They’re fine to pretty good over in Tampa bay.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Good Listener posted:

Then I can go get Raising Canes or somethin.

Or something good!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Raising Cane’s rules, go wash your mouth out with soap. :mad:

Having lived in Louisiana, it’s amazing how something so bland has spread so widely across the US.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

The NHS is doing some medical research that requires surveys and a blood sample. You get a £10 voucher in return, and you can use that on Amazon amongst others. I had Earthspark Jawbreaker in my basket for a few days so when I got home I hit buy after redeeming the voucher.

I guess I'm at the point where I'm trading blood for toy robots.

Welcome to late stage capitalism.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kapow Toys still have him in stock in the UK, and he’s only £65, which doesn’t seem bad for a sizeable Japanese space oddity.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

That's only as lazy as the Earthrise Huffer mould really. Can't really tell what size that is though, is it a deluxe?

It is! I don't think he's that bad. I would have been happy with that as the Siege design.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah, doesn't look badly made, aimed at a younger crowd than me. I don't know that the trailer needed the needle drops though.

Guardians of the Galaxy did this, now everyone has to.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's very Dreamworks/sub-Pixar, but that's fine. I like the hints at a darker story as the trailer progresses. Most of the trailer appears to be from the first third/half of the movie, the fun and games section. At a guess, end of Act 1, they get their T-Cogs. Act 2, introduce the Quintessons, etc.

To take a quick potshot at the fandom, I'm so fed up of crumbly old school fans insisting OP should be Peter Cullen all the time. The man is 82!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I think he looks pretty good!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DigitalRaven posted:

Do you need both to form the chonker, or does the big lad transform on its own and the combination is a nice extra?

The latter one! The big Magnus came out a couple of years ago, and this is a new internal bot that fits inside.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Robosen Megatron is just a big Combiner Wars version??

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, leader Straxus at some point.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ok, those look really good! I was iffy on OP, but I like those.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What’s the deal with Origin Wheeljack’s shield? How do I take it apart without breaking this clear plastic?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's just like the Earthrise roads and ramps but a little more stiff, you just have to have a little courage and be careful with it when pulling it apart at the joint. If you look really closely at the joints, there's kind of a little tiny channel for the direction that it wants to pull apart, so that may help a bit. Also I think it's probably better if you grip from nearer the joint so you don't flex the whole piece?

Or you can leave it straight and join up with like Airwave and Ironworks for a lil' road network.

Thanks! I took a good look in the light to see what you meant, and they do just slide out. It’s really not immediately obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

HOLD ON TO YOUR loving BALLS IT'S A NEW LINE FROM TAKARA

MTMTE RODIMUS

OH gently caress