Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The Goon posted:

Here's a pic of a Metroplex that's had a panel lining wash added to it. It looked awesome enough that I may attempt it on my own once I get it:

To go along with that, here's the sound clips it comes with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfu7MNYoKSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Well, I've been lucky with MPs in the past at my local Toys R Us, let's hope my luck holds up for this one. Good to know Toys R Us is still managing to mess everything up.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Rei_ posted:

Christ the Glacialords out of Fansproject are loving spectacular. I can't stop playing with the three they had for sale at the con.

I'm super psyched for those, and I keep waiting for an announcement so I can order them.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

strangehamster posted:

It appears MP Soundwave is back up on TRU, I even found a store pickup option (which is unheard of here)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126&skuid=15104021

Edit: It's gone? Maybe I have one? I got past the payment page. drat this website.

The only thing showing available for me is store pick up, with none available within 50 miles of my current location. Time to keep searching.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Sometimes i miss the days when all we had was the Hasbro stuff and we were satisfied with that.

I was having this conversation on Twitter with Gammatron the other day and I wanted to get some more opinions.

We currently have 3 Predakings in the pipe, 2 Brainstorms along with another Chromedome, 2 different Nova Primes, we have third party products that "fix" the Hasbro toys, third party products that "fix" other third party products and so many other things that I couldn't list them all in this post.

Now, we've already seen Impossible Toys close it's doors. And as much as people keep saying that Hasbro is going to "bring the hammer down", it seems more like there is just too much product out there, and eventually people are going to get tired and most of these companies are just going to wipe each other out.

Because as cool as this stuff is, not many people are rich enough and/or crazy enough to buy all this stuff.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Blackheart posted:

After the initial shock I've been looking at it again and I still love it, but I'm more cautious. Well, all of this is assuming they manage to sell the thing of course, but it just seems a bit big for my collection, and will probably be pretty expensive. Some are saying it really looks like a TFC work too, which would make me less interested.

Each one of those is probably going to cost 100 plus. I'm currently all in on the FP Not Stunticons because 60 dollars each and a bit more for the Not Motormaster is a sweet spot in terms of cost for me. Once you start hitting three digit prices per combiner part is when I step away.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Went to Toys R Us and was told at the service counter that the MP Soundwaves arrived 2 weeks ago, sold out; and that they didn't get any more in today's truck. He couldn't tell me if they were getting any more in the next few weeks either.

The hunt continues.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

While I have no idea of scale based on the CG model, if this thing gets made it'll probably be close to three hundred dollars. And in a world where we already have a Metroplex, this will be an easy pass for most.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Artist Tom Whalen will be having a timed release for his Transformers The Movie print. I think it's pretty snazzy:

http://www.acidfreegallery.com/transformers-the-movie-by-tom-whalen/

I think that print is awesome, but not 50 dollars worth of awesome. Shame too, if that thing was 30 I would be all over it.

WendigoJohnson posted:

I will just continue to ignore the bay movies and hope beyond hope the new TV series is actually good. Prime was pretty boring and unremarkable.

Pacific Rim showed how to do a giant robot movie properly, I don't even think TF4 will event come close to what PR had to offer.

Pacific Rim is the example I pull out when people complain that there's no original ideas left in Hollywood. Pacific Rim was a great movie; and should have opened the doors to more giant robot movies. And then it got beaten by Grown Ups 2, which proves people don't support new ideas.

Arsenal_12 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 28, 2013

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I love Beast Wars Neo toys and have most of them, but their transformations have the weirdest "feel" out of any line. I would love to give everyone in this thread a Bazooka and see what they think. Then Break.

I've always thought Break was pretty awesome, but that might be because I really like penguins.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Speaking of the Glacial Lords, has there been any word from Fansproject as to when they'll be available for Preorder? Or the Not-Motormaster? I thought they'd be up by now.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Has anyone been able to find a Legion Class Rippersnapper in stores? I found 4 of the five today except for him, and people seem to have gone insane with the re-sale prices. There's currently one on Amazon for 42 dollars and 2 on ebay for almost 30 bucks shipped.

Is Rippersnapper really that rare? If anyone can help me out I will gladly pay full cost plus shipping plus a few extra dollars for your trouble.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I just got the clear Abominus 5-pack so I didn't have to go through that hassle. He looks neat in clear, anyway.

I woould have done that but there are no Target stores in my state; so I'm stuck hunting them individually.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

If you want, I could probably pick one up for you.

Thank you for the offer, but no. I already have 4 out of 5, I'll just keep looking, and I don't like how the clear ones look anyway.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Orion Pax is actually my favorite of the IDW deluxes. He has enough articulation to get into some pretty cool poses, and he can hold his axe two handed, including over his head looking like he's about to to a two handed strike downward. And I really like the paint apps on his face, especially the blue on the eyes.

Trailcutter is a close second, mostly because I really like the way the chest compresses down, but I wish that his forcefield generator could fold out of the way. I'm still on the fence about the add on kit for him and Hoist, but I'll probably end up getting it.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I can sort of understand why some might not like him as he has a lot of kibble and combiner ports sticking off his arms, but come on, he looks really good and is a dead ringer for G1 Motormaster. What more do people want?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall a picture from TFCon where the combiner ports were hidden; folded into the shoulders.

Also, that TFW thread is amazing, the perfect storm of idiocy.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

While I don't have confirmation on this, I remember reading that the FP Stunticons were designed to be Scramble City style. I figure that's the reason that the cars that go on the shins just stick there with minimal transformation. If Car Crash and T-Bone transformed into legs, the Scramble style wouldn't be possible.

The MSJ posted:

Perhaps the cars should be his feet, and it can roll around on them like roller skates.

Do the combiner fists and feet on not-Menasor come from parts of not-Motormaster's trailer or are they separate pieces?

Pretty sure the combiner parts are in the trailer.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

While we're on the subject of the Stunticons, I decided to pick up Down Force \ Drag Strip and noticed that his winshield is severely cracked, almost to the point of breaking off. Oh noooooooooooooo. :(

I haven't touched him since I transformed him a few times since he came out and I don't remember breaking him, and you'd think I would. Ohhhhhhhhh drat it.

I got him right before TFCon so it's probably too late to return him to BBTS and I don't even know if he's defective or if it's my fault.

I've always thought that it never hurts to ask. Send them an e-mail; if that fails, try to send a message directly to FP.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

I am totally on board with a Ultra Magnus MP.

Now bring on Galvatron. In fact, I would love to see the IDW verse Galvatron that turns into the Tumbler looking tank as an MP.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Oh hey, I remember now. We were all 'what's Bumblebee gonna turn into?'

I will laugh so hard if that Bumblebee turns out to be a middle finger to the fans Camaro Bumblebee. The meltdowns on TFW will be amazing.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

catch22 posted:

I hope he has penny racer proportions. I don't see how a normally proportioned VW is going to turn into the G1 version of Bumblebee. The EJ Su version works much better for an actual VW.

This is actually what I was wondering. I know that Takara does miracles with enginnering on the MPs, but how are they going to take a VW and make a Bumblebee that's the correct scale with the rest of the MPs? Wouldn't he have to be shorter than Sideswipe?

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Those are neat. I wasn't even aware that was a thing, BBTS hasn't ever screwed me over so I'm not in the habit of shopping around.

I guess I should be. The default cannons are nice. It's really a well-made toy. My inner 4 year old is quiet, for now.

Do Smokescreen and Bluestreak have similar extra shoulder cannons as bonuses from any place? I remember Smokescreen's shoulder cannons being pretty hefty in the cartoon.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the cannons are an Amazon Japan exclusive.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

I really like the vehicle mode on the new Prime, but I don't like the robot mode. Too much kibble, chest is weird looking, arms held on by tiny joints with the shoulder kibble over them to make them look bigger, just kind of awful all around.

And as for the sword, if you told me that sword belonged to next years Power Rangers Megazord I would believe it.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

MP Prowl is phenomenal.

You know... believe it or not, I wasn't even a huge fan of the MP line. Sure, they look awesome and usually have amazing engineering, but usually they're just so big and unwieldy you can't just fiddle with them on your desk. They're great display pieces, and great toys too, but maybe a little too big and complex. Prime v2 and Soundwave are definitely the best out of the larger MPs, but while Prime himself is great, he still has a big loving trailer that gets in the way and takes up a huge amount of space. Where are you supposed to put that thing? Where does it go when he transforms in the cartoon? Why can't it just go there?

Prowl and Sideswipe are hands down my favorite MPs. They are the perfect size, are highly detailed, articulated, and very accurate to the cars they represent. All they are missing are rubber tires and proper opening doors and then they'd be perfect toys. (A die-cast inner frame and feet might be nice for a little more heft and balance, but die cast car bodies have paint that chips and throw off the robot's balance so it's probably for the best that they lack gokin.)

There are a lot of people out there who love MPs and say MPs are gonna be their main line and they're gonna forget classics. I never felt like that, as classics is kinda my thing and the main focus of my collection, but only until I mess with Prowl and Sideswipe am I starting to understand.

I'm highly looking forward to Bumblebee and Wheeljack.

I have Bluestreak on pre-order and I'm keeping it just to that one. But I have to admit, reading all the reviews and seeing how awesome Prowl looks causes this insane urge in me to buy all 3 Datsun molds.

The_Doctor posted:

We're due a MP-10b (Nemesis Prime) review from Thew today. I'm terribly excited. :allears:

The wait is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIVLkANns6E

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

My favorite figure is also the one that I broke the "no-repaints" rule for:

I love the design and the transformation. I bought the Ultra Magnus and the Nemesis repaint; and once in a while I'll go to ebay to check the prices on the Shattered Glass version. I will probably never own one because I refuse to pay that much for a toy.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

In a lot of ways, I find the Mazda RX8 Jazz/Meister to be the pinnacle of the concept. The car mode isn't just gorgeous, it manages to have as near a perfect and believable car interior I've ever seen in a TF. Rear loving seats! No sign of anything untoward except the centre bar the canopy is attached to. Plus the bonnet and boot still open, the wheel steering's linked, the suicide doors are present, the robot mode is a very good likeness of Jazz...

It's just a genuinely wonderful example of a robot in disguise.

I had the Shockwave version of that mold and could never transform it without the hood popping off.

I found the new Deluxe Prowl and I have to say; I like even more than the Smokescreen. The head sculpt is great. And as a funny aside, the instructions show the rubber armor for the car mode and the "webbing" that goes with the missile, but the toy doesn't have it in the package. Now, this is one those "last of the wave" toys that become rare, so if you see one and have even the slightest interest in Prowl or the mold, pick it up.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

Only good jet mode is Scourge and Megatron/Dreadwing. They can at least hide everything.

Scourge does it better.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

In case anyone else was psyched for the Glacial lord bots from Fansproject, the first two are up for pre-order on Fansproject Core. There's a member price of 29.99 each (39.99 if you don't have an account) and 12.99 flat rate for shipping which isn't bad. The next three are supposedly going to be up in the next few weeks.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Walked into a Toys R Us today and suddenly it felt like 2011 all over again. 8 FE Bumblebees, 4 Starscreams and one single Cliffjumper that I picked up because I never found one originally. I also picked up Acid Storm, which is just a ridiculous toy. You don't really notice it until you have a neon green and camouflage colored jet on the shelf. This one will probably stay in jet mode.

Rest of the shelf was the IDW deluxes, some RID voyagers including Thudertron and Ultra Magnus for 28.99 (Insanity, but not surprising)

I realized at that moment that I've basically stopped buying stuff at retail. I find it easier to just pre-order the wave from BBTS than to hunt them down. It ends up being cheaper in the long run and I spend less gas.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

MP Fans Choice results are out. Didn't see it mentioned, though I feel like we've known for a while who was coming out on top. Was it just assumption?

1. Star Saber
  2. Armada Optimus Prime
  3. Powermaster Optimus Prime
  4. Dai Atlas
  5. RiD Optimus Prime
  6. Optimus Primal
  7. Cybertron Optimus Prime
  8. Big Convoy
  9. Lio Prime (Lio Convoy never got a real release here, but they've homaged it under this name)
  10. Fortress Maximus

Names localized where possible.

Star Saber has always been a grail for me. MP Star Saber is a must buy.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Fansproject just put up pictures of their new addition to the Warbot series. No name, but Not-Roadbuster can do for now, I guess.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Unfortunately, they now refuse to fight unless they are kissed by a group Victoria's Secret models.

It's kind of sad that this actually sounds plausible with the state of the Transformers movies right now.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

So, my girlfriend got me a MP Lambor, and it was only as I was transforming it that I noticed it says "Cantach" instead of "Countach". One quick Google search reveals that it's the knock-off.

Now I'm not promoting that people should buy KOs, but credit to the Chinese factory, I could not tell the difference in plastic between the KO and my buddy's real MP Lambor. Even he was amazed.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Rita Repulsa posted:

Did they ever confirm that those dudes make an Actual Gestalt or were some people just like Hey, you can put stand this car on end and that kind of looks like a connecter in the back!!!!!

The next guy (red car) looks pretty stunning actually. Might get him at full price.

I believe Toyworld has said that the combiner parts will be coming with the last Throttlebot. And the next one coming up, Trace, has an arm mode.

Just bought that Aurora. The price is too good to pass up. If he's good I may have to find a Grind Rod for a not horrible price if that's even possible.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Kurui Reiten posted:

You know, looking at those, I think, couldn't they collapse the thighs into the legs, and have a more substantial elbow extend from inside the chest? I mean, I think I get the idea that it's utilizing the waist articulation for the elbow and such, but it just seems a little odd to me, like it's CLEARLY a robocrotch as the elbow instead of, well, an elbow.

I can only figure they're trying to keep them at a particular price point, and the engineering that you're suggesting would probably add another 20 dollars to the price.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

It seems Rodimus might be getting a Springer remould. Woo!

I'm not even sure how this would work.

Also, that non-transforming Scorponok we saw pictures of during TFCON is up for pre-order.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11790&mode=retail

550 dollars. They must be out of their minds.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Did anyone else order the Glacial Lord figures off FPCore? Because apparently an entire order of one of them is now at the bottom of the ocean.

https://www.fpcore.com/news/2013/12/09/retro-future-update-megazero-shipment-destroyed

The funniest part of that is that the crane operator was messing with one and caused the accident because he wasn't paying attention.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

I'm not going to argue that Beast Machines is actually good. Just that I didn't think it was the worst Transformers has had to offer and that I blame executive meddling instead of the makeup of the writing staff.

This is pretty much my opinion. A couple of years ago when I was unemployed I watched Beast Wars and Beast Machines back to back. Then I tried to watch Armada, Energon and Cybertron and I realized that while Beast Machines was poo poo, the Unicron Trilogy was complete garbage.

The only good thing about Cybertron is the Optimus Prime toy, which is still one of my favorite Primes.

Arsenal_12 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 19, 2013

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

What the gently caress where is his hair. Where is his hair.

He shaved it off because he said the long hair felt gross all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

New Thew!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbJb1Chk2E0