Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

Is there any difference between Platinum Grimlock and regular Voyager grimlock? I wanna get the platinum set for the Bruticus that looks exactly like the SDCC one, I'm just curious if there's any change in grimlock at all because I've yet to find a Voyager.

Its got a new paint job. Looks like it might be the Takara paint job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

It makes me wonder if the loose ones of Comic Con metroplex would be easily faked. The labels can be reproduced with the chrome finish(reprolabels has done similar styles of decals), the second gun can be acquired, and you can either use the Takara Metroplex or just apply the chrome paint to the face and thighs.

You ten take a 125 dollar toy and maybe 15 dollars worth of materials and then triple or quadruple the price of it.

You'd have to dismantle him to chrome his thighs, so that might not be so simple.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

...in California. Give it a week before it hits the other areas of the country.

Arizona actually, the DC for WA/OR/CA is supposedly still empty.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

SDCC stuff is up on habro toy shop.

And the Jetfire cross over set never went up. Thats gonna drive Joe/TF collectors nuts waiting for that to appear after the Harmony Gold bullshit.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Washington hasn't gotten any Soundwaves or Acid Storms yet, apparently the Nor. Cal, Oregon, and Washington distribution center won't get any until next week.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I'm messing with Sandstorm and I'm real confident I like him more than Springer. Everything tabs together right, the dune buggy mode with MEGA HUGE FUCKOFF WHEELS rules, I really like him all around.

I think my only "complaint" is that his front landing gear was a pain in the rear end to swing out when initially transforming him.

Agreed. I still haven't figured out how to get his drat gun to attach when he's in VTOL mode either.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Could someone fill me in on this whole Harmony Gold thing?

As far as I know the story Harmony Gold is a real estate/television production company that is license squatting on the Macross/Robotech line in the US. Anybody that makes/references/draws/dreams about Valkyries gets a law suit thrown at them by Harmony Gold. Harmony Gold also refuses to let any of the Bandai/Yamato figures/vehicles get US releases because they own the rights over here. They went after Hasbro for copyright infringement over the G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover set because Jetfire was made using a Valkyrie in the 80's.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Honestly, they didn't do a very good job with the DeLorean, but I kind of feel obligated to buy it.

Its no excuse but the reason is so you can swap it around to whichever version you want. But its worth it just for the Doc and Marty figures.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

BXCX posted:

Has anyone else been doing the brick and mortar Soundwave hunt? I've been at it for two weeks and the word from the store today was that they were not going to get it in store at all based on the website saying "not sold in stores" in the blue box with pricing. It seemed more like a "I'm not in the mood to look up if it came in the truck" response than an actual rule, but I wanted to see if anyone else was running into this.

Yeah thats just lazy bullshit. Ask them to check their manifest before the truck arrives, they can look for the numbers. They can even check their DC inventory to see if its even gotten any.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rei_ posted:

I don't know his name, but he's there every year dressed up as 1990's Weird Al. This year for Karaoke he was Weird Al Cosplaying As a Dalek.

I want to go to TFCon so much more than BotCon now.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Knormal posted:

Now let's see if mine actually goes through.

It was doing this poo poo yesterday too, had an Acid Storm in my cart and it got jacked when I tried to check out.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Ominously, Metroplex has vanished from the TRU website on the eve of his release.

Rhyno posted:

And still nothing from Amazon about an actual ship date now.

BBTS has him In Stock: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22897&mode=retail

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

No, I said make the headmaster legends also turn into a regular robot and a vehicle as well as a head. Those legends sized target masters are pretty advanced for something that small, so there's no reason a legends figure can't be a triple changer since head mode is fairly simple to pull off.

Shame about Trailcutter though, I really thought he looked that amazing from his photos.

Both the reviews of Trailcutter's I saw today from people I know didn't mention those issues at all, so maybe Keldroc just got a Turdcutter and its not a line wide issue.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Picked up the last MP Soundwave at my local TRU today. Apparently they shipped all of one case each to the stores in Washington. What the gently caress TRU distribution.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

It's okay to prefer Hoist, I wish my Target had anything at all on the pegs.

My Target has 6 Optimus/Jazz figures on the pegs still! I can send you a few if you'd like to put them on your Target's pegs.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just want an MP-10 in white with a trailer that gives him armor. I will never buy another Magnus again.

For now, City Commander is awesome.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Other posted:

240USD plus shipping for that MP-10 re-issue with the stand.
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFTRMP10RE&lang=us&CatID=41_334
So pricey but I never got the original release and I want that stand...

BBTS had it up at $289.99 and its already gone.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I don't think GD_American wants to go to Louisiana.

I like the thrill of the hunt, personally, but thanks all the same. I may yet turn around after a few days there and be all 'gently caress it, I'm staying at this address'.

I've still not seen Metro at TRU retail yet, but interestingly enough a chain of stores throughout the south called Hastings, has a couple locations up here in the PNW and I found him there. So if theres any Hastings in/near where you'll be in Louisiana, that might be worth a shot.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Pack-in with MP Soundblaster, 180 dollars.

This is a guarantee. I know its coming, and yet, I'm completely okay with it. Also MP Blaster.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

MP Blaster is going to be one fucker of a retool.

Ya know with the size difference and weirdness with G1 Blaster vs. G1 Soundwave, I'll take just a straight repaint with a new head. Focus all that retooling energy on some awesome tapes though. MP Ramhorn, yes please.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

That is an instant preorder.

Yeah I ordered it immediately too.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

Out of curiosity, was A3+ the only dealer selling them?

The guys who run Palace Gifts in Seattle and EdBomber Toys out of Houston had them as well. Guess he sold totally out of them, but I think he's got more on pre-order, I'll check. http://www.edbomber.com/main/index.php/3rd-party/maketoys/maketoys-mobine-series-chaos-paladin-pre-order.html

strangehamster posted:

There was a guy in the corner that was legit selling everything he had at a loss, there were tubs of United Deluxes.

I just got a message from BBTS that my Quadruple U has arrived.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FPJ10032&mode=retail

Will you take some pictures of him when you get him? Cause I'm hoping that colored picture they have is still a prototype.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

Huh. For whatever reason I didn't know Hoist was just a Trailcutter remold/paint.

I like Trailcutter better so far. I can't get Hoist's crane to sit properly in alt- mode and I think my version if it was constructed incorrectly.

This seems to be a common issue with the crane, I guess its been reverse assembled in the factory. Buddy of mine said he popped the pin out and flipped it over and put it back in, and it works fine.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Classics Hoist finally sat long enough on my desk that I had to open it and see what all the comments were about, and I love this little guy. Truck doesn't peg together great, but at least he doesn't feel hollow like a lot of the other releases lately (looking at you Combaticons) but my real gripe is with that comic. Do all the Spotlights end as abruptly and shittily?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Not really sure what was bad about that ending, but no most of the more recent ones are a bit more punchy shooty less introspective.

The older spotlights were part of the bigger storyline and were pretty hit or miss.

Maybe its just that I don't know what happened next but with the book just ending with Hoist just sitting down and realizing he was all alone and that was his fear and no further resolution, it just seemed like an abrupt ending.

However liking Hoist led me to opening Trailbreaker too, and I really liked his book and his figure as well. Nominating this mold for 2013 Deluxe of the Year.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Ka0 posted:

I preordered Diesel from BBTS but it comes with some "M3 Crossfire kit" which I assume is the combiner kibble. Am I correct?

Thats the guess. The previous Crossfire kits were the combiner parts for Bruticus.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think Diesel looks awesome despite the amount of poo poo that design is getting.

Also, who wants to drop $300 for an iGear set of the 3 original seekers?
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=IGR10044&mode=retail

And then another $300 for the coneheads, then another for the rainmakers, and hey, why not throw in Sunstorm and G2 Ramjet? Before you know it, you in over a grand for crappy iGear seekers!

I would say who in the world wants those, but I know these people are out there.

And these aren't even MP scale seekers, they're 7.5", so voyager sized @ $100 each.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

I'd say he looks about as good as Menasor is going to look. As for the price, all five together are $360, which is only $5 more than Maketoys Giant, a comparably sized combiner with comparable engineering. Seems about right to me.

Except Giant is 6 figures. I bought Intimidator and Yellow Giant so I give zero shits but I can see the point of others.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

And Motormaster is easily twice the size of a Giant component figure. It's the same amount of plastic in the end.

He is? Or truck mode is with all the kibble. Important distinction.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

FYI Metroplex is coming to Costco @ $79.99 item #994294. Guess it's arriving in the next couple weeks.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

That is absolute bullshit.

Costco did the same thing a few years ago with that MP movie Bumblebee. What fascinates me about this is that the figure has had prices all over the map. $79.99, $109.99, $129.99, all for the same deco. I wonder what the production cost on this really was.

However I will buy another at this price as I have the SDCC version.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Rage posted:

FYI Metroplex is coming to Costco @ $79.99 item #994294. Guess it's arriving in the next couple weeks.

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm, Costco might be getting Metroplex for $79.99.

Yessir they are.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

I just got the SDCC Deco Bruticus, he is now added to my collection of Generations G2 Bruticus, Generations Bruticus, Generations Ruination, Universe 2.0 Bruticus, Energon Bruticus, RID Ruination, Car Robots Valdigus, Artic Camo Ruination, Desert Camo Ruination, G2 Bruticus, and G1 Bruticus. :black101:

One dozen Bruticuses. That's around 60 Combaticons.

Now combine them all.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So I finally broke down and ordered something from TFSource, wanted the exclusive FP not-Insecticon set before it vanished completely. Gets shipped out on Monday, supposed to be here on Friday, so I check the tracking. Turns out they sent it to VA instead of WA. So well done TFSource I guess? Now I have to wait till Monday for them to realize their mistake.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

vkeios posted:

Is the zipcode still right? If so, you should get the package anyways, since postal carriers sort by zipcode. Hell, I had the same situation before and someone at USPS just used a sharpie to fix the incorrect address.

Looks like that must have happened, because it jumped from VA to IL last night, so maybe its on its way here. Or if it was a USPS error, still seems like a hell of a sorting error to go from MN to VA, you'd think there'd be a better hub than shipping it in the completely wrong direction.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Am I alone in hoping they do an entire line of Metroplex repaints as the other Titans? I keep seeing that panel where all the Titans are leaving Cybertron with Metrotitan in the front and I will seriously buy every recolor they make.

I think I'm sick.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

GD_American posted:

Botcon exclusive to end all Botcon exclusives. A six Titan set, each with a different head sculpt, costing a cool 1500 bucks.

It will elicit glorious rage, and sell out completely.

The first and only Botcon I would attend.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

I don't see how you could complain about him. Unless it's he doesn't come with enough weapons to justify his namesake, which is Warpath.

Because they turned a G1 Brick of a Minifgure into a fully articulated deluxe figure that does justice to both the vehicle and robot mode.

Also I don't really see how they could ever retool Metroplex into another guy without it looking like Metroplex with a different coat of paint. Yeah there's Metrotitan but he sucks.

They can't even retool the head because of how snug it fits in the alt modes. This is beyond something like taking Energon Omega Supreme's head and Arm and switching them out to make Platinum Supreme. He would need a new upper torso entirely. Not only that but his alt modes are distinctly Metroplexian and there's no way you could ever make those into something else.

Didn't ask for retooling, literally just repaint him into all the other Titan colors and release them. Maybe make some new weapons or something, but still not required. All I want is repaints.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

I'm ready to buy. Any moment. I even entered my email address to "notify me" when it's ready.

This plastic toy will never be mine :negative:

It was up for two days straight last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

You may be rubbing it in, sir. I've been busy, and TRU didn't send any email, so I just saw this post a few hours ago.

I'm open to advice on getting this toy, other than refreshing HTS and TRU and SA every hour. I really want it, but I'm obviously not dedicated as much as needed.

Not rubbing it in, but just saying if you really want it, its worth checking here once a day to see if anyone said anything. Every hour is over kill, and TRU will never send those e-mails.