Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Well then I got boned in the Onslaught shield lottery, because you can put that thing on top of him, but if you even bump him/it or look at him/it wrong that fucker pops right off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

HiriseSoftware posted:

Are there any better images of that new Bumblebee? I hope it's not this one, but they look awfully close:

Mom's are gonna have a field day with "Pentagram Hands Bumblebee"

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

3 posted:

AoE Crosshairs turns into a Corvette with handguns, so it seems only natural to repaint him into Tracks "Hot Shot???" What, did they lose the trademark again?

Any complaints about this butt flap? Ultra Magnus wins again :smug:

But seriously I've never been more excited about Generations than I am right now. Everything they showed off looks great.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 22, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Amazon is doing a 25% off Transformers promo right now. Gotta be in stock at Amazon though.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Rattrap and BM Tankor are not listed.

Can't help you there, but feel free to pick up Scoop or the Minicon Team for $7ish

TF4 Slug is $7ish too

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I saw the movie and I think Bay is a genius auteur.

Did you mean genius autist? I think you meant autist.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

This bad motherfucker showed up today

Goddamn that looks amazing

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just can't understand how with all the blatant horrible things this film shows off, that anyone can defend it on any merits. Is it Stockholm syndrome? I just don't understand, just because a movie about this property gets made doesn't mean it needs to be defended on any level if its absolute poo poo. Some of the toys I've enjoyed, sure those are neat and fun, but why do people feel the need to defend the movie? I honestly don't understand.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

If we're gonna do furry beastformers, I want them flecked like Moss Man

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

No I totally get it now, in the movie the Autobots are the American military in Iraq and both the population of Earth (Iraqis) hate them, and the outside bounty hunters killing them too (Al-Qaeda) hate them and Optimus (George Bush) flies home to find inspiration from Primus (Dick Cheney). So based on this analysis expect Bumblebee (Barack Obama) to take over in movie 6.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Frasier's opinion is certainly justifiable, but I have no idea how you get from having a whole contingent of N.E.S.T. soldiers and their superior officers having worked with the Autobots and able to back up their claims that the Autobots were instrumental in stopping the attack on Chicago to Frasier having absolute authority over everything Transformer-related without even the White House knowing what was going on (that last part played as an obvious "lol Obama" joke, but still). Prime's rage against humanity is apparently part of the continued effort to distance him as much as possible from the G1 character, but I don't know if it was justified because the movie never tells us what happened. How did the Autobots get split up so much that they were able to be taken individually? Was Prime betrayed by the N.E.S.T. team? Was he betrayed by Sam? What happened to make this character who, even with his psychotic tendencies on the battlefield, did tend to see the best in the humans he fought alongside? What went down that made him so willing to dismiss his experiences with Sam and the N.E.S.T. field team? I just don't see how you get from the end of 3 to the beginning of 4 in a way that makes sense, but considering Bay can't cleanly get from one Point A to Point B inside one movie, I suppose that shouldn't surprise me and/or isn't supposed to matter. Or maybe I'm just supposed to assume the CIA is that all-powerful and mindlessly insidious because they're all secrety and stuff, so clearly they're up to no good.

As you say, the movie doesn't explore most of the interesting things it (accidentally?) brings up, although a couple of these seem to be due to saving them for sequels (Galvatron's status as a resurrected Megatron, the "creators" Lockdown is apparently working for). There's a notable and clearly intentional theme of fathers and patriarchy in the film that never really goes anywhere outside of a brief scene with Cade and Prime. Every single person under the charge or command of a patriarchal figure in TF4 bristles at said figure's authority and/or points out that said figure is repeatedly being an idiot. Tessa does both with Cade (in large part because Cade's "rules" are ridiculous), the Autobots bristle under Prime's orders (in large part because Prime is ordering them to help their tormentors), the Transformium scientist rolls his eyes a lot and calls out Not-Steve-Jobs' hypocrisy/retconning of reality with the jellyfish thing, and even the control room that Frasier clears for the Graveyard Wind op has a "everyone humor the big man" attitude as they leave. Lockdown has it figured out, since his minions are mindless drones, but he's also the most blatant example of "father/authority figure wants to keep everything in its place forever" in the film. Of course, the key to surviving the movie is to be a father figure who questions his own judgment, as everyone who does that (Cade, Prime, Not-Steve-Jobs) survives, and everyone who is absolutely convinced of the rightness of their authority is horribly killed (Frasier, Lockdown).

It's an odd thematic element for a self-confessed authoritarian director whose response to criticism tends to be "Eh, gently caress 'em." Makes me wonder if screenwriter Ehren Kruger was just seeing what he could get away with.

Now I'm picturing some late night screenwriting sessions between Ehren and Bay where Bay is just drinking some Budweiser watching a game and yelling at Ehren and "WHY CAN'T YOU BE MORE LIKE YOUR BROTHER" and Ehren just has no loving clue whats going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Wait what? poo poo, now I'll be worried about my G.Giant forever, but also it's the first time I've heard of this issue.

(that said if you ever do decide to sell it I miiiight be interested since our planets aren't that far away...)

My yellow giant is fine, so I would say it's a higher chance of user error too