Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

"Metroplex heeds the call of the Last Prime." is the only one I need though. :allears:

The only problem is that there's no way to render Press E to destroy Megatron on the toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Think I finally got a friend to start reading MTMTE.

Got him onto Transformers a few years ago after showing him the Movie and Prime (it was still in season 1 at the time.) But up till now he always kinda blew me off when I brought up the comics.

Was talking about them yesterday as he was getting them, and I mentioned how much better Rodimus is in MTMTE than in the Movie, and he didn't even know who Rodimus was, despite me having shown him the movie.

Then again, he hated Animated and thinks Prime is the best thing ever, so who knows.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Keldroc posted:

Why the sudden Huffer rush?

Who cares? It's not like any of them are gonna sell.

Big waste of time.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Sounds like BS honestly... the "return to 2d with a younger target audience" rumor seemed more likely. Sometimes I just wonder if just taking the IDWverse to TV would work.

Depends on the series. I know most of us would love a MTMTE series, but it lacks Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Bumblebee, so Hasbro probably won't be interested. RiD has the latter three, but kids won't be interested in politics.

That just leaves Furman or Costa's stuff.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Phy posted:

RiD has Optimus, though! He's off solving Jhiaxus' and Soundwave's mysteries with Hardhead, Wheelie, and the big beefy guy.

Yeah, true, but he's only shown up a small handful of times, so I didn't think he'd count.

Then again, Megatron was in the book even less, so I guess you have a point.

Diet Poison posted:

Or some sort of bullshit where they interject those characters into MTMTE at the expense of Rodimus, Overlord, Cyclonus, and SWERVE, in that order. Optimus as the infallible Christ/leader, Megatron as the dirty secret hidden in a cell, Starscream as the Recovering Decepticon, and Bumblebee because gosh kids love Bumblebee- we'll just replace Swerve's hilarious lines with some beep boops and radio noises and it'll be perfect!

gently caress me, I just made myself a bit nauseous.

I'd smash a bro if they tried to replace Swerve. He's one of the best parts of MTMTE.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Been trying to get a friend of mine to read LSoTW and MTMTE lately, so I decided to go back and read Last Stand again.

I'd almost forgotten just how much stuff Roberts had set up back here for stuff that happens in MTMTE. I mean, there was only two years in between them, but it's still impressive.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

drat it. I don't get my paycheck until the Friday after this one.

I'm never gonna get a Soundwave.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

GD_American posted:

Er it said he was taking over as Enforcer, it didn't really say anything about making him a Phase Sixer. Unless I missed something.

Also the green glow from Brainstorm's chest was probably him just smuggling the spark back onboard.

Wait. Doesn't Exposure to a point one percenter's spark at birth basically kill them? I seem to remember back in Last Stand of the Wreckers, some Senate dude telling the ones who found Overlord's spark that they only had like six days to live

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes, he was afflicted by the kill switch. Having a green spark does not make you a phase sixer and it's likely he's doing something far weirder. Kinda weird that's what people got out of the whole dumb Overlord flashback thing.

That reminds me, I really appreciated that Roberts really hammered home the point that forged can be just as evil, if not more, than other Autobots. Pharma was/is straight hosed up. Poor First Aid, though.

Well yeah, it doesn't. But aren't point one percenters the only ones who survive the process that turns them into a phase sixer?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Some MTMTE #22 spoilers:

Function: Ornament.

:laffo:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

I'm usually fairly easily amused, but I gotta say, I'm not enjoying Dark Cybertron all that much.

I can't really say why because I'm bad at explanations, but there's something about it that's just falling flat for me.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

I'm still not 100% on Dark Cybertron.

Although I have to admit, the Rod Pod was very Rodimus.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

Robots in Disguise #24 is pretty :stare:
Having Megatron appear as an apparent ally just to get loving torn in half exactly one panel later, for example.

Out of all the silly things and the rising casualty count, though, the thing I'm having the hardest time wrapping my head around is Waspinator being shoehorned in and given this crucial role. Amidst all this apocalyptic stuff going on and everyone missing limbs and the Autobot/Decepticon populations being down to apparently like 10 dudes, Waspinator just zipping around with Shockwave and the Undead Titan is so loving surreal.

Well, what do you expect? He's obviously the one behind it all!

After all, Wazzzzzpinator haz planzzz....

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

SpikeMcclane posted:

Promo pic: I didn't even notice the first time the craziest part of that Megatron/Lost Light picture. The badge. I guess it's also possible someone else got transplanted into that body, too, since that's a thing.

Or it could be that After all this time he regains some of his sanity and starts turning back into the Megatron that was friends with Pax?

I doubt it, but I can dream, can't I?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

SpikeMcclane posted:

That's Prime. In IDWOrion was a fan of Megatron's philosophy and writings, but they didn't meet until after the Senate's schemes had already pushed Megatron over the edge.
Until the events in RID happened, I thought they were going to do a chillaxed Megatron. That's been my only true diappointment, because I can't really see them making it work now.

Ah right.

Still, Prime is exactly what's giving me hope for this happening. Pre-war Philosopher Megatron joining the Lost Light. He'd probably fit right in once everyone got over hating him.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Veg posted:

Roberts said he has 5 seasons planned out, there is no way this is a sudden change from his plans.

Shadowplay introduced body swapping, Dark Cybertron has Rodimus' body being pretty mangled and he has the DJD story still hanging over our head. Somethings gonna happen and it's not Megatron himself, he wouldn't join the Bots.

I really hope that's not the way they go with this. While I know Megatron would very likely never wear the Autobrand, the war is over and the Lineage of Primes has ended. Cybertron is rebuilding, his war is over. It's likely wishful thinking, but I want to see a return to pre-war Megatron. It would be a bold move, and could make for interesting stories.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

So the latest RiD. Apparently that Arcee is the only female transformer is a bunch of poo poo now. Unless Nautica and Chromia aren't Cybertronians or something.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

So after weeks of not being sure about Dark Cybertron, I'm thinking it's getting a little better. Plus unless I'm wrong it looks like I was right (kind of) in my hope that Megatron would recover at least a little of his old self.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

So the comic is going in a direction that I'm rather enjoying.

Not the plot, no that's dumb, but I'm loving all the Autobots and Decepticons just singing and hanging out in Swerve's. Plus Megatron showing regret over the war, and the first sign of the old poet in eons. Then again, I guess the first real look back at him was back in Chaos Theory. Although it's only through recent developments that I now believe that he was just trying to rile Optimus Prime up to execute him because the old Megatron was still in there and sickened by what he'd become

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Ka0 posted:

Bring back Outback. We can't have enough aussiebots.

Yeah... about that...

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Dunno if it was posted yet, but there's a single page preview up for the last chapter of Dark Cybertron: (spoilers obvious (Including who dies in RiD 27. If you don't want to know, do not look at the recap page.) http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/transformers-dark-cybertron-finale-single-page-preview-179490/

Whirl should get his own series.

RaspberryCommie fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 15, 2014

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

Whoops, the death from the next RiD is helpfully included on the recap page. Let's just say (vaguely) I doubt any MTMTE readers are going to be too cut up about it.

New theory: Whirl is Unicron - bringer of death, destroyer of worlds, repsonsible for the largest body count in history, etc.

Oh jeez, I didn't even notice the recap page was included. Hold on, I'll edit the post.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

You Am I posted:

The recap page must have been removed, cos I can't see it. All I can see is the front page and Whirl and Arcee's conversation

Apparently only people who tried to view the image through itunes or on an iphone are getting the extra spoiler page.

Still (Dark Cybertron #11 spoilers) I can't believe they're killing Bumblebee. I mean, sure his death fits the narrative the best, but I'd have thought Hasbro would veto all over that.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

See, it wasn't really surprising to me, in a overthinking/X-Y-or-Z-are-too-obvious kind of way:

It wasn't going to be Magnus - just been there, almost did that - and while Rodimus looked likely on the surface, that in itself was the problem: it was just too obviously looking like it would be him (all the gently caress-ups, pep talks with Prime, knowing Megs taking captaincy of the Lost Light) so that ruled him out. That really only left Prowl or Bumblebee and out of the two, Bumblebee is i) now arguably THE MAIN loving GUY after Prime, generally has plot armour, is the star of the films, the young and enthusiastic character beloved by kids, never truly gets killed, just rebuilt, etc; ii) is just the type to indulge in Heroic Nonsense that gets himself whacked, probably inspiring Megatron in the process. Conversely, Prowl is a cold hearted rear end in a top hat one step away from Shockwave as a logic/big picture-driven potential supervillain type, is largely unpopular with everyone on either faction (bar his new cheerleading squad) and his death just wouldn't have the kind of resonance and shock value that killing Bumblebee has.

I mean, even though a lot of people are sick of him, there's no denying offing Bumblebee is kind of a Big Deal regardless. The only thing that had me questioning it was that one of the post-DC RiD covers has his face on it.

Man, Pipes, Rewind, now this. If you're a Minibot, be afraid. Be very loving afraid. IDW hates you guys!

In short: it couldn't really be anyone else. But also, comics, nothing's forever, etc.

Well yes, I had exactly the same feelings on the matter. I was only surprised because (I dunno if this counts as spoilers, but it might let people infer who it is, so) The fact that Bee usually has such heavy plot armor is why I didn't expect it. He's one of Hasbro's cash cows, so I fully expected them to veto his death regardless of how well it fits. Megatron becoming a good guy was less of a surprise to me due to the way his character is in the IDW-verse, as well as him deciding that he was done with war and being a tyrant at the end of Prime.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

So whoever it was that said (RiD #27 spoilers) that Brainstorm was dead all along and would be the conduit that Optimus and the others would escape from was right.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

SpikeMcclane posted:

For him, it's 2 reasons, and they've even been stated in the comic. 1) He was a watchmaker and new hands wouldn't have been as finely crafted as the ones he was "born with." Same deal as Ratchet's story arc. 2) It's his excuse for his bad behavior, and he knows he'd be just as big an rear end in a top hat after being fixed; then he'd have to own up to it.

I always assumed that was his reasoning for during/after the war.

I always just thought that it was because of the massive stigma around Empurata that people who dealt in new bodies and the like pre-war would refuse to deal with Empurata victims.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

http://www.newsarama.com/20651-transformers-dark-cybertron-finale-preview-brings-all-out-action.html

Starscream says what we were all thinking.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

People liked Costa's run?

As far as I'm concerned the only good thing that came out of his stuff is what happened with Thundercracker.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Found this on Josh Burcham's DA:

edit: Fixed because I'm an idiot.

RaspberryCommie fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 4, 2014

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

You're trying to image a webpage? Also I love the face, and the clenched fist is good too.

Oh my god, I'm dumb.

I'll go fix that.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

catch22 posted:

Armored Magnus for some, not-armored Magnus for others. Everybody wins.

What if I want a Magnus figure that reveals a little Minimus Ambus when the armor comes off?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Knock Out needs to join Lugnut and Lockdown's merry band of continuity travelers.

The IDW comics need Knockout so bad. He'd fit in wonderfully.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Karma Tornado posted:

Rung's whole head got replaced after Swerve shot it off. Seems like a real dick move to not fix his eyes.

Up until I remembered this, I always assumed that Rung's glasses were because of his age. Remember Kup's spotlight? If a bot doesn't keep up with upgrades, then eventually new ones become completely incompatible with their body. They had to use modified Pretender tech to save Kup's life because he had never upgraded his components.

I figured that Rung just never upgraded his optics, and since he's the oldest person on the lost light by a large margin (except maybe Cyclonus and Tailgate), maybe his head just isn't compatible with modern optic upgrades.

Of course then his head was rebuilt from scratch, so there goes that theory.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

So uh... they really shouldn't have opened that coffin. :ohdear:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Keldroc posted:

Silverbolt is a brilliant use of that mold. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Am I the only one who wishes they knew anything about electronics so they could install a little speaker that plays that cheesy fanfare from Beast Wars when you push a button?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

3 posted:

Waspinator :kimchi:

Waspinator was always adorable, but this comic has just pushed him beyond :kimchi: levels.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Why cookie Rocket posted:

All I am really asking from MP Star Saber is that he is compatible with G1 Victory Leo (or that he come with a flyer stating the release date of MP Victory Leo).

And I'm REALLY hoping this means we are on our way to MP Deathsaurus.

I think I'd rather have an MP Brestforce or Dinoforce myself.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Sunstorm you put your underwear over your pants again!

:buddy:

I like the flame pattern tho.

He's smiling, but his bones are basically jelly now.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

I'm probably being petty for feeling this way, but after watching RotF and DotM, I'm completely refusing to see AoE unless it's for free.

While I hear that the characterization is better, I'm admittedly upset that (not sure if this counts as spoilers considering the last few films) that Prime is still a psychopath and might, in fact, be worse than he has been. It probably makes me sound like a G1 fanboy, but Prime should be an optimist at heart, always willing to talk things out before even considering violence. I know characterization marches on and all that, but he's an iconic character, and that's pretty much how he's been in every series, and even in the comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Have the IDW titles gone down the shitter in the wake of Dark Cybertron? You guys don't talk about them much any more, and I never bother to catch up until I see gushing in this thread.

This thread has pretty much always been more about the toys than anything else for as long as I've been in here.

Which sucks because I can never afford them.

In any case, MTMTE has only been improved by the inclusion of Megatron, and as was mentioned earlier, Windblade is great. TC's return in RiD was great, but everything else so far has been pretty average at best I think.