Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Endless Mike posted:

Sigh. I could get one but my overpriced eBay one came yesterday. It's a fantastic toy.

You should totally buy a TRU Soundwave, play with the eBay one, and then return the TRU toy to the eBay seller when it arrives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Goon posted:

Mother of God.

Suddenly I don't give two shits about Maketoys' version anymore

There were mighty nerd cheers when this was announced (in a strangely rushed ppt) presentation at TFCon!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Peter Bazooka posted:

So who is it?

Garrettron64 post a picture!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Arsenal_12 posted:

Sometimes i miss the days when all we had was the Hasbro stuff and we were satisfied with that.

I was having this conversation on Twitter with Gammatron the other day and I wanted to get some more opinions.

We currently have 3 Predakings in the pipe, 2 Brainstorms along with another Chromedome, 2 different Nova Primes, we have third party products that "fix" the Hasbro toys, third party products that "fix" other third party products and so many other things that I couldn't list them all in this post.

Now, we've already seen Impossible Toys close it's doors. And as much as people keep saying that Hasbro is going to "bring the hammer down", it seems more like there is just too much product out there, and eventually people are going to get tired and most of these companies are just going to wipe each other out.

Because as cool as this stuff is, not many people are rich enough and/or crazy enough to buy all this stuff.

I heard this at TFCon too - There are groups that can put a toy together in their spare time like a hobby, but as soon as the business is started they run low on resources. People want wholesale/retail sales support, website support, future plans for new toys, etc. It all gets to be overwhelming for just a few people, there are complaints, insufficient sales or interest, and you burnout and quit.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

PoptartsNinja posted:

My Sandstorm is untransformable (the front landing gear for helicopter mode came jammed up into the nose straight out of the box, so the piece won't fit over Sandstorm's head); which is a shame because he's otherwise fantastic.

Anyone have any idea how I can recover this without causing real harm?

Can you hook it with a paperclip or a bit of string/floss, etc?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Knormal posted:

I'd still probably buy one if it was around $40, because I'm a sucker for Optimi.

Its on clearance for $55, which is only a couple minor math errors away from 40.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

So that was disappointing. I walk into TRU at 10am, wander to the TFs, there's only 2 Acid Storms on the shelf, so I wander to guest services to ask if they have Soundwave and there's 2 behind her on the shelf. I ask for one, expecting them to be reserved, but she just rings me up!

So anticlimactic. What am I going to do with the rest of my stay? :( on the plus side, MP Soundwave with no hassle!

Look at all the time and effort you wasted, jeez why didn't you get it from eBay! (did you use a coupon?)

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Optimist Prime posted:

Back to Transformers in 2013/14. How do we feel about this? I'm going with "moderately disappointed".

I really like the Barricade figure, I sort-of-kind-of won't kick Treadshot out of the display case... but that Fisitron/Ironfist is just a dumb colored poor choice mold.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

So a Walmart here has the Wreckers/ruination wave all clearanced already.

Are they about $13?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Rattrap and Nightbeat? loving yyyyeeeeeeeeessssssss!

Also, I found some footage of the dinobots in the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-QWFFb5Fow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFSIZ5mPII0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IltI6vrBCo

Those look great, finally a complete set of them all!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

SpazmasterX posted:

Seriously though, those look awesome for my little nephew. I gotta track some down.

EDIT: Oh cool there's even more than just the ones in the videos.

I could get a Generations/IDW Deluxe or this guy, both are $15?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13103920

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

BXCX posted:

Are there any TFs that are Canadian exclusive/easier to get up north (like the Prime first editions) at the moment? I have a Canadian friend who owes me a favor for shipping American stuff up to her.

Nothing right now, the exchange fees and shipping costs are also going to be a barrier to imports.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Are you all serious? There is clearly only one right opinion here and that is; Whoever has Bristleback is the best. Monstructor. Boom, there ya go. Bristleback doesn't even need those other chumps. What he does need is a classics figure.

In other news, would it be alright to list the 50 or so TFs I have for sale here?

Make a post in SA Mart, include pictures

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Everyone go to TFCon next year, it's July 11-13 and also approximately 2.5x more fun than BotCon.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Am I allowed to go if I tell people they're being embarrassments to humanity?

Canadians are very polite and will welcome all valid criticisms, Americans may engage you both physically and verbally. YMMV.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

I have a 12" handspan. I already have Hulk hands. :)

Save your shillings and get your freakish hulk hands to Toronto.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Basically TFCon is sort of like a big drunken party that's 3 days long and also has robots. And a waterslide.

There were lots of giiiiiirrrrrrlllls there, and people were buying/selling/trading/transforming toys, and the bar served nachos!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rei_ posted:

And we mean loving BLACKOUT drunk, I've never been that loving hungover. I remember falling out of bed Saturday morning, crawling into the washroom, downing a fistfull of tylenol and standing under the shower until the throbbing in my head stopped.

Then I got into line so I could get the Glacialords.

Did you get all three? Virus? Do you like them? Did you put a couple scramble city guys in place to make a combiner? I was/am way broke during/after that trip or I would have gone to FPC/3&Up.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rei_ posted:

Ages 3 and Up seemed to be the only table alongside TFSource that wasn't actively trying to gently caress customers over on the dealer floor, it seems.

There was a guy in the corner that was legit selling everything he had at a loss, there were tubs of United Deluxes.

I just got a message from BBTS that my Quadruple U has arrived.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FPJ10032&mode=retail

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 10, 2013

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I saw them at the TF Con costume contest, promoting their next show. Are all the songs terrible?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Revolver Bunker posted:

Does anyone have the Generations Deluxe Orion Pax toy? He looks pretty solid in the pictures but is he actually a nice mold to own or kind of hollow like the Bruticus toys?

It's a sort of an unexpected transformation, but I am happy with him and don't think he's hollow like the FOC Combaticons.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

Yessir they are.

Does anyone have a Costco card, someone said they may get Metroplexes!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

So I finally broke down and ordered something from TFSource, wanted the exclusive FP not-Insecticon set before it vanished completely. Gets shipped out on Monday, supposed to be here on Friday, so I check the tracking. Turns out they sent it to VA instead of WA. So well done TFSource I guess? Now I have to wait till Monday for them to realize their mistake.

Show us the tracking number

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Well, Roche lives in Dublin, so that might not happen. Hope for the best though.

A new Rodimus would rock though. Actually, is it me or is the new Skids almost too blue? Like he could use a little more detailing/paint apps?

I took a look at that guy and thought it was a PRID Rumble in the wrong packaging.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Cobalt60 posted:

You may be rubbing it in, sir. I've been busy, and TRU didn't send any email, so I just saw this post a few hours ago.

I'm open to advice on getting this toy, other than refreshing HTS and TRU and SA every hour. I really want it, but I'm obviously not dedicated as much as needed.

Its a TRU exclusive, no need to look at HTS.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

therealjon_ posted:

I enjoy reading a series after it is completed, so keep that in mind thanks!

I only play with toys, no spoilers can hurt me. I got a few from HTS, Blaster and Grimlock are in stock. :neckbeard:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Who's the robot next to (right side) of Bludgeon? Oops, a painted Rodimus :)

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 1, 2013

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Nah, people obviously want Acid Storm instead. I mean, who doesn't want to spend $75 on a masterpiece figure that takes up a good deal of shelf space of some non-character who appeared in one episode for 30 seconds that nobody but the most hardcore fans have ever heard of? Let's make a ton of them and sell 'em at mass retail!

Yep, looks like they made another Transformer that's gonna wind up on the Island of Misfit Toys this Christmas.

Seekers are great, don't you want to collect them all?

[ ] White
[ ] Red
[ ] Orange
[ ] Yellow
[ ] Green
[X] Blue
[ ] Purple
[ ] Brown
[X] Black
[ ] Gray
[ ] Transparent

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

That uh, truck is er, not bad?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

Correct, and yes, Bluestreak is getting the Amazon Japan shoulder launcher too, but I bought an extra one just so Prowl would look complete. I didn't order through BBTS or TFSource though, I had to get them from a local TF shop up here in Washington.

I miss Steven, and should have thanked him for the sushi.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Blackheart posted:

Whoa, big rumor/news over at TFW2005

Generations LEADERS ??

Do you think they'll be super simplified?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Blackheart posted:

Yeah so apparently a lot of movie figures are going under the "generations" banner at least for now. But we have a different list of movie figures so I still have hope :unsmith:

Wasn't that shellformer Optimus supposed to be Generations? I think it's all oversized KO cyberverses from now on.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

There are an awful lot of loose Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy figures on eBay being shipped out of Korea, it's safe to assume they're KO's? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Transformers+Beast+Wars+Neo+Big+Convoy&_sop=15

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Also, somebody with too much time in they hands holiday cheer, volunteer to run the secret santa.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 3, 2013

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

On it. I run the Doctor Who thread one too, so it's just another list of names.

Then sign me up! :buddy:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

Alright who is it that claims that all their Generations/RTS Jazz molds have the chest lock into place? I want pictures, show me what exactly locks into place, because my Jazz, my G2 Jazz, and my Wheelie do not lock, not a single one. Bust out a camera, show me what I'm missing that locks your chest in place, either pictures or video. Put up or shut up time.

Paging SpikeMcClain you have a call-out on line one.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I want so many weird things lately, this "best of" business isn't helping me out at all.

Santa bring me a BW Neo Big Convoy, a HA Jazz, a Binaltech Shockblast, a Super Soaker 200, and a G1 Weirdwolf. Deluxe Evac! G2 anything.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 17, 2013

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Will you sell me the Motorola droid razr maxx for $70 shipped (to 50023)?

(this was supposed to be in SA Mart oops!)

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 16, 2013

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Ohh! I can! But I'm going need at least a Metroplex for swaps.

For real I have two of those SDCC TF/GI-Joe crossovers I'll sell or trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Thanks so much Mr. Teh Rage, did anyone get a Voyager Skyquaaaake? I need that green bastard and then I can put a little tick on my Prime/RID list [ ] COMPLETED