Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

The_Doctor posted:

A lot of the Lost Light crew use English idiom/turn of phrase, so I tend to hear most of them talking in RP, unless they're actual cartoon characters.

Roberts said that Overlord sounds like John Simm as the Master, but I couldn't hear that, because that's a really small weaselly voice. I hear him more as Malcolm McDowell or Derek Jacobi. Sort of Caligula-esque.

Ratchet vs. Overlord right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

SpikeMcclane posted:

That's Elita-1, to be voiced by Ru Paul.

I have absolutely no problem with this.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Algae Magnet posted:

Are there any comics out there that cover the exploits of The Scavangers and Grimlock? Because I'll be damned if that rag tag band of misfits havn't found a place in my heart.

They show up briefly in a later MTMTE issue as a "hey, we're still alive, here's what we're up to" sort of deal, but I imagine they'll be important later. Same goes for the DJD.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

JediTalentAgent posted:

About the only way the movies make sense is if the events of each previous film are just treated like Evil Dead 1 and each new film is like Evil Dead 2, where they're all sequels and remakes at the exact same time. A reveal that each movie happened in some alternate universe could only help.

At this point, the robots are such a big draw of the films they could likely afford to make them the full-on only actors in the movies and try something 'fun' like turning more space opera-like. Pull some of the galaxy trekking stuff from the comics and cartoons and have interacting with aliens and stuff, getting into fights in space bars and nightclubs, spend time giving them some character and personalities, etc.

Or we could have more pot brownies and dogs humping while a Victoria's Secret model stands around going like this

:wink:
:wmwink:

I mean, either one works, really.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Blackheart posted:

Soundwave is a bit hard but it has to be some sort of surveillance or communications vehicle. Although Mercedes Soundwave was pretty sexy. I love the Prime drone SW but it's not something that would work too well for a G1-style SW body.

I still think Creepy White Van is the perfect altmode for Soundwave, and I don't understand why it's never been done before.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Why cookie Rocket posted:

It also makes me think of the episode where Tarantulas was going to eat Cheetor. What he was going to do exactly wasn't made clear (for obvious reasons), but Rattrap was able to consume organic matter, so it could've gone all kind of crazy places.

It got plenty crazy enough for me, thanks.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Blackheart posted:

Did someone say DINOSAURS?

No, nobody was talking about dinosaurs BUT THAT poo poo IS RAD AS HELL ANYWAY

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...
I feel like if we ever needed proof that Hasbro's toy designers listen to Dragonforce, these new Dinobots are it.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

IDW combiner teams:

I don't think the Combaticons are all, strictly speaking, Decepticons anymore. Off the top of my head, Brawl is with Gavatron on Earth right now, and Swindle is apparently a nail and is hanging out at Blurr's bar.

Weren't the Predacons, at one point, working with China? I think they were a dropped thread.

At least half if not all of the Technobots are dead, they died during the Kimia satellite fall.

Combining is seen as something super freaky and abnormal in IDW. Shockwave made Monstructor and Devastator, Swindle made Bruticus, (or was it Menasor? I don't really remember all of the post-AHM Transformer ongoing series) who the hell knows how Superion came about...

Also I'm pretty sure all of the Protectobots are currently on the Lost Light. Dunno if that's going anywhere.

Well, they're not ON the LL, but you know what I mean.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Phy posted:

There's been a Tall Tankor and a Fat Tankor already, how many more Tankors do you need?

Nemesis Tankor

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Sockser posted:

And on that note, the one on the far left is prrrrrrrrrobably Titanium Grimlock, so who's the one on the far right?? I can identify all the others but not that one.

I think that's just IDW Grimlock. Unless you mean the guy with the Wolverine claws, in which case I have no idea.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

DoctorWhat posted:

i think there are switches under his shoulder-pads.

HOLY poo poo IS THAT WHAT THOSE ARE FOR?!

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It is. There is enough money to go around, it's just sad that large business owners have to be forced into doing something close to the right thing by a union or public opinion. It's the way of the world I guess.

Anyhoo, I've been posing my knockoff MP transformers in dance poses. I've got a Prime doing what I believe is the Carlton and a GOLDEN LAMBOR showing us exactly who's bad.

Am I the only one who does this?

I dunno man, I'd say It's Not Unusual.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...
I'm honestly holding off on Combiner Wars until I see their Bruticus.

Yaaaaay Bruticus.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Blackheart posted:

Or they can inexplicably repaint him in Roadbuster colors.

Keep the head blue, though. Roadbuster always looks best with a blue head.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Sentinel Red posted:

The failure of the Kickstarter shall be taken as vindication of my view that Pretenders were, are and always shall be loving Rubbish fully deserving of being consigned to the Bin Bag of History and forgotten. :colbert:

I don't know, I think that's unfair. Pretenders had some legitimately good ideas and memorable charac-

wtf do u mean bludgeon isnt the actual transformer

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Veg posted:

Which is the more popular answer? FIBRIR or FIRRIB.

RIFBIR.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Blackheart posted:

I'd guess it's gonna be new guys like Windblade was.

Those wretched Slammothists actually complain about this because "it's an obvious feminine name, now it's gonna be a cliched girly girlbot!". I think it's just based on the word Victory, like, is Victory Saber a feminine name?

The answer of course is who gives a poo poo.

The name Slammoth doesn't sound that great until you imagine a giant wrestling-themed lady combiner bot made of bots with names like Suplex, Hammerlock, Chokehold, Dropkick, Piledriver, Backbreaker, Facebuster...

...actually, screw gender. I want a pro wrestler combiner regardless. Knockout and Grapple can join in.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...
Cyclonus, First Aid, Trailbreaker, and Rewind...

Two more limbs for a full Lost Light combiner. Including Sunstreaker feels like cheating.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...
Comic chat: it sucks that Polaris and Hyperion got killed off in issue two because they have badass names.

Comic chat: Getaway is a creepy gently caress.

Comic chat: I realize Brainstorm is supposed to have a British accent but I can't help but read him with a gravelly Wheeljacky accent.

Comic chat: I'm hoping to see some female Decepticons already. Maybe on Deathsaurus' ship?

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...
Jesus Christ Vicky, what are you doing?

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...
I still maintain that they didn't show Rodimus' holomatter avatar because they couldn't get the rights to Megan Fox's likeness.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Squalitude posted:

I saw an episode of Rescue Bots the other day and it wasn't too terrible! I mean, if you like Scooby Doo.

Rescue Bots is cute and a lot of fun if you take it entirely on its own merits.

Plus, Mad Scientist LeVar Burton.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah whoever was freaking out about it being too meta or reference-heavy, well, go buy it on Comixology and read it because it was really loving good. And shockingly emotional. And has a great ending to lead us into the next arc, it seems!

There's a lot of really good panels and pages in this issue. The callbacks, the chekhov's guns, the character development, and the fuel for the human-form fan fire, it was all done really well.

I didn't expect Nightbeat to be black, not that that's bad or anything, but I guess I always envisioned him to be a Dick Tracy-type(probably the yellow in his character design). But other than that, all the avatars fit. Cyclonus, Tailgate and Megatron in particular.

It makes a lot more sense if you've seen Idris Elba in Luther.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Blackheart posted:

Man, sometimes I wonder who even asks for this poo poo.

Was it any of you? Did you ask for this poo poo? Let me know.

If you look closely, you can get an idea of how he transforms. It's subtle, though.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Zoe posted:

I don't care about toys for children but I read Vol 1 of More than Meets the Eye and it was really good, is the rest of the series good too y/n?

Yes definitely.

Read all of it.

Also you should read "Last Stand of the Wreckers" also by James Roberts to find out what the hell that thing in the basement is.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

The Taint Reaper posted:

I though they had a backstory already. Didn't they come from Remulak and wind up being stranded on Earth?

No, you're thinking of The Coneheads, a popular SNL skit that got spun off into its own movie in 1993. The IDW Coneheads have a similar, but distinct backstory, in which they come to Earth from the planet Ork and get married to Pam Dawber.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Captain Invictus posted:

Um, Breacher motherfucker

Or Hubcap

LUGNUT NOT THE BEST?

SAY THAT TO MY FACE FUCKER AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

(I call Beachcomber mostly because literally nobody else wants to be Beachcomber)

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Captain Blaargh posted:

Primus, it's a taint massacre in here. :stare:

I love a lot of designs on that competently milquetoast show, and I really hope they do get better figures at least at deluxe size.

Like its version of Windblade. Make that Windblade happen, Deceptive. Pretty please?

Okey Dokey

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

Onmi posted:

So I figure if people are still playing Devastation, or want to get into it, they'll probably be stonewalled by Chapter 3s final boss. Blitzwing. Ignoring that Blitzwing comes after the Starscream battle which probably drained resources, lets focus on why he's a tough boss and what he changes up.

1. Blitzwing has little to no hit-stun, meaning when you lay in your attacks, he'll continue his attack pattern. To do well against Blitzwing you have to dodge between attacks, as his chain wont end just because you've laid in the hurt.
2. Blitzwing is fast. Starscream may be faster in the air and annoyed you by zipping around the battlefield and firing null rays, but Blitzwing is fast period. His ground attacks come out quickly, his tank attacks come out quickly, his air attacks... are actually kind of slow. But still fast enough to make it hard to hit him in Jet form.
3. Status Effects and grabs. Taking from his appearance in Animated, Tank Blitzwing uses Fire attacks which burn you and deal DoT along with a stun. Jet Blitzwing uses ice attacks that freeze you for far longer. Blitzwing has a charging grab which remembles Grimlocks R1, where he'll dash across the ground, seize your character by the head, leap up and then dunk them.

So, we've identified that Blitzwing is an unstoppable fast killing machine. How do you fight him, what will make this easier?

As an addendum, Grimlock has an added strategy that the other autobots don't have, when he times a dodge, he can launch into a grapple and Powerbomb Blitzwing. Not only will this rack up points, but it's one of the few things to take him out of his attack.

1. Reversal Headshots are still a great source of damage, especially since Blitzwing himself has so many attacks and you have invincibility in the middle of them
2. Blitzwing is susceptible to Status effects. If you have an adhesive gel gun or similar, you can lock down his movements. Status Effect Guns are actually very useful for handling such fast bosses.
3. Be relentless. While Blitzwings hostility may make you think you should back off, he really never stops the assault until he's dead. The only way to fight him effectively is to be just as aggressive.
4. Grab Max Dodge + T.E.C.H. as we've mentioned, Blitzwing has many powerful attacks and can't be knocked out of them like over bosses. On your third dodge, without any max dodge techs, you'll enter a long slide that leaves you vulnerable. Increasing your maximum amount of Max Dodge makes it far easier to dodge through Blitzwings attacks.
5. Optimus and Sideswipe have the easiest time versus Blitzwing. In the formers case his Ultimate, R1 and weapon options make him a good candidate for dealing with Blitzwings bullshit. Sideswipe has pure speed on his side, attacking faster and moving faster than the rest of the autobots. His R1 has situational use however, usually it takes you right into Melee with the opponent, but fighting Blitzwing you wont struggle with that.
6. You can parry Blitzwings battle cannon missiles and throw them back at him.

Blitzwing is a bit of a gateway boss I feel, you'll have learned how to properly dodge or you will get killed. Still not many bosses approach his difficulty, until you get to the bosses teaming up.

I just cheesed the hell out of him by playing as Wheeljack and unloading all my rockets and missiles into his face while fleeing in terror in car mode. Also, Wheeljack's shield actually blocks most of the jet's attacks, so that's another way to frustrate him. Dodge when he charges you in bot or tank mode, and then just keep driving away while firing frantically into the maelstrom of death he throws around.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

TheDK posted:

Hey gang that "You are being deceived" shirt is :10bux: on this site today:
http://www.shirtpunch.com/decepticon-graffiti.html

Get it so we can all wear it at the next 'con!

e: also this may be relevant to your interests:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYyuo7gm-aQ

"I have three: One to display, one to keep in the box and one just in case."

"Why?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

Onii-chan...

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I still haven't been able to find Onslaught anywhere, but I did pick up Swindle. Other than his face sculpt (get this bot a smirk, stat! Animated Swindle is still the best head he's ever had), he's pretty awesome. Chunky and solid in both modes, with ankle tilts to boot! I will have to pick up the others now. Dammit.

And I know I keep saying this, but I really need to start reading the comics. Every one that I get with a figure is incomprehensible. Starscream is a good guy now? Maybe kinda?

Starscream is never a good guy, but he was elected ruler of Cybertron because he's really good at politics.