Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Gammatron 64 posted:

What more do people want?

The original 1984 cast of transformers, portrayed as they were in the tv show and in toy form, over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Final Fantasy Prime is the best movie Prime figure.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

SlothfulCobra posted:

I always liked this G2 Megatron more.

With his bigger counterpart, I could never get the head out without a screwdriver to pry it out. Also his legs had more joints.

Don't need your lame giant green Megatrons, because clearly, this Megatron rules!

You rear end in a top hat, thanks for reminding me to spend $35 on United Archforce.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Well hell.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I have Smartrobin in my hands at last. He is lovely. Can't wait for Weirdwolf and Mindwipe.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Yes. I got Code through TFsource when it was less than $80. I believe you get what you pay for it in transformation and materials quality. In contrast, iGear Outback cost me about $59 or something and the second I transformed it the front wheels just snapped off.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I had no idea that beast hunters Prowl was a rare, shortpacked figure. Apparently they come 1 on a case of 8 deluxes.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Say what you want about beast machines, but energon never should've happened.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I bought Sharkticon Megs today. Now I have 3 of that mold, vanilla megatron, shiny metallic arms micron megatron and electric bogaloo shark megatron. This is the most of megatron I've ever had for one line.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Blackheart posted:

Which AM Megatron? The one with the scythe or the one with the "prime arm" and minicon sword?

The one with the scythe.

Today I found out that both Kreo Computron and Menasor are out. They are available over at bbts or ebay. I sent for them. Also, I'll have to start looking for a seller with wave 4 of micro changers.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Reminder that Darkness Megatron is at 39.99 on BBTS. Why should you buy this arms micron thing? Because it comes with a scythe/bat/parrot that also doubles as wings in robot mode, as well as a fat rear end gorilla cannon, and also sports the shiniest chrome this side of an auto shop.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

strangehamster posted:

Disappointed to learn its $65, relieved to not get it.

It was on clearance! Why did they jack the price back up?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Is anyone interested in arms micron Frenzy and Rumble? I have a spare now, they are new in box, stickers and micron have not been opened.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Customs sent me a feces-scented letter today telling me they're taxing me out of a cool $89 for my BBTS box. Firstworld problems yes I know, I just wanted to let you peeps in the US know how lucky you have it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

strangehamster posted:

Did my box get dinged any fees? I found a blue beast bee today at Target, is this awesome?

Not really, it got delivered to my door without a hitch. It's the BBTS and amazon boxes that customs targets, as evidenced by the fact that none of my tfsource orders has never been held for ransom.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Wonderful news. My Quadruple U's shoulder joints broke. I didn't even force them or anything. Luckily I still have dual-epoxy chemical welding compound, I'll try to fix them tomorrow, I'm pretty beat up at the moment.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

That's not wonderful news at all! Is that...common? :gonk: I was going to order myself QuadU sometime next week.

For what's worth I checked my Code and Smartrobin, they don't have any problems. It seems I got unlucky, nobody at TFW has comented on this problem so far.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

This is how I left QuadrupleU yesterday. The chemical welding compound has a (reported) 390 Kg/cm2 of lap shear strenght and no less than 560 Kg/cm2 of tensile strenght, which blows any cyanoacrylate superglue compound out of the water. It also resists water and just about any organic solvent there is.

The joint fit snuggly but to be safe I sanded and drilled a hole between them so that the welding compound could have a larger adhesion surface.

After about 30 hours, the joint is strong enough to support the weight of the figure. I also rotates like a motherfucker.

Assembling it all back is as easy as putting 2 screws.

I gave Weirdwalt a decepticon sticker and it looks fantastic. I'm going to find a small brush to paint some of his face red.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Well, I have been working on Blitzwing's goddamn shoulders long enough to warrant downing a boilermaker.
drat these shoulder pegs suck.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I heard a lot about this "fix" being potentially damaging to the alt modes so I took precautions with my tools.

Here the front torso is already sanded and finished. I put it back together and it worked 50%; the left shoulder sits in tight but the right one gets loose if you wiggle it a bit. At least it looks good, you cannot notice a permanent mod took place.

I think I'll try this solution instead: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/889560-just-another-non-invasive-generations-blitzwing-shoulder-fix.html

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I have 0 interest in yet another expensive 3rd party gestalt but I have a Blast Off altar, I believe that shuttle bot would make a decent centerpiece. Ordered.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

There's also the rumor about Drift and Hotrod being more than just comrades.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Sometimes I feel like such a weirdo for not knowing anything about kamen rider, sentai or chogokin stuff.

At least I know Godzilla, that's my liferaft nerd-cred.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Peaguh or whoever must be really stupid then.

Talk about understatements!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Why would you review a toy wearing gardening gloves.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

404GoonNotFound posted:

And then Internet Personality Vangelus responded with a brilliant parody.

Not only that but peaugh also pitched in with a video with The Fallen giving sean long advice not to beg for money off youtube. I wish that video were still up.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Every now and then I get a craving to seek out animated voyager toys, every now and then I remember why I sold them when I had them in the first place.

If someone comes across a non-korean galaxy force autovolt and a sealed samurai prowl tomy version, please let me know.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

That Optimus makes armada Sideswipe look like a masterpiece.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

How much did MP Optimus Prime cost on retail TRU, apparently the markup price on ebay for one is 300 bucks, and that is just not gonna happen.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

eBay prices have taken a nosedive into just plain stupid. I used to be a big fan of lots or auctions but it seems if you want something new now prepare to dish out 100 bucks minimum.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I have a lot of quirky movie figures mainly because the main guys didn't appeal much to me. That being said I did get DOTM Darksteel, Convertible Sideswipe and strawberry-Ratchet. Also the cool voyager figure Skyhammer (yes that was the only cool one) I would have bought Megatron in a second if they'd just put some more effort into its paint apps.

I would have bought Soundwave and Que too but the scalper jacked-prices are a definite no no.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Captain Magic posted:

Has there been any word on whether someone was going to make a faceplate for the Fansproject not-Brainstorm? That's the only reason I haven't picked him up already (also because I am poor and should not buy so much plastic).

I cut out a small plate from leftover sprue, put some yellow coating and stuck it with tak. Nobody is any the wiser.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

The amount of broken tab reports on tfw is making me anxious. I can still cancel my preorder. Don't really want to though, Menas0r is my first (and probably only) 3rd party combiner.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Captain Magic posted:

Everybody's got a cool opinion. Thank you for sharing yours! I dig it.

Also, Ka0, you suggested a cool fix for not-Brainstorm, and thank you for that. I probably will not do it because I am the least crafty man on Earth.

My camera died, I'll borrow a new one on Saturday, I'll post pics so you can see how easy it is to set it up.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I am interested to know if MP Op will be available again at retail; I adore the hasbro release over the tomy one.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Where I live Generations figures were never even released. I thought I was the luckiest man alive back in the 2010 period when I saw Seaspray, Highbrow and all those cool tail-enders, like it happened before with ROTF Bludgeon and Mindwipe.

And to think we got Universe 2.0; I distinctly remember passing by rows upon rows of Hounds, Cyclonii and Bluestreaks. By christmas time that year, there were Starscreams and Ratchets littering the aisle floors.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

If hasbro is keen on doing mtme, then I expect Pipes and First Aid will show up sooner or later.
That, and my dream of a voyager-sized Cosmos because that fucker is HUGE.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Hello, future centerpiece of my Blast Off shrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

catch22 posted:

For anyone that missed MP Prime 2.0 or MP Grimlock, KOs have been pretty much confirmed for both, so you're second chance is coming. The current KO MP Grimlock is the same size as the original, though an upsized version is rumored.

Elaborate please, if this is true then perhaps finally I'll have a MP optimus.