Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Let's be honest I doubt less than 10 percent of fans who will buy Metroplex would buy a Metrotitan repaint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

As soon as I said "Soundwave" the clerk said over the phone "Nope". Apparently I'm not the only one looking here.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

MTMTE tomorrow. The preview seems to hint that Tyrest is....not all there.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I'm mostly curious just what the hell Star Saber is up to. I mean I love that he showed up, but it seemed to come out of nowhere.

The beauty of it is he's a known quantity to nerds but basically a blank slate as far as characterization. Roberts can make him whatever the hell he wants to be.

I'm pretty sure Tailgate's gonna make a deal (or try to make a deal) to don the armor for Tyrest.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

drat this book

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

strangehamster posted:

There are all kinds of good things going up on HTS.com

Metroplex, Shark Megatron, Sandstorm, Legends Starscream/Waspinator, Big Dumb Optimus, oh my

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers?BR=496&PG=1&ST=NW

Thanks for this. Still hoping for MP Soundwave somewhere.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

TheDK posted:

I was just able to order MP Soundwave on TRU.com, GOGOGO!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

YES

THANK YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

It won't add any to my cart, they must be OUT :(

Keep trying, judging by TFW's thread it's going in and out

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sorry man.

But I just got my confirmation email WOOHOO

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Metroplex and MP Soundwave in the mail next week :dance:

No idea where I'm gonna put either

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Kinda heavy puffing there. Lay off the Marlboros.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Blackheart posted:

As someone already mentioned some pages ago, I'd rather have a new Astrotrain, even if it seems unfair to the other remaining (and inferior) triple-changers. Astrotrain deserves it. It was my first transformer, I think.

He is pretty much the fun silly goofiness of G1 personified. He's a loving space shuttle and an old steam locomotive. His name is literally those two things combined. In one of the most dramatic, heavy moments of G1, he is there chugging away as a train then turns into a shuttle and takes everyone away from battle.

He's basically a better engineered GoBot. God bless him.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Metroplex

is

awesome

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'm genuinely happy there's such a high demand for MP Soundwave. Hopefully Hasbro is paying attention when it comes to future MP releases.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I think we are talking too much about how hard it is to find MP Soundwave and not (since mine came today) how completely balls off the loving wall awesome it is. Metroplex yesterday, MP Soundwave today. There is not a good enough TF made yet to arrive in mail tomorrow to keep this chain going.

Rumble and Frenzy's wing guns store in the piledrivers. The piledrivers have their own holder. All the cassettes have cases. Soundwave can double arm birdbots. This guy is loving insane

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I wonder if Doubledealer will fix any of the mold's problems

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Vaporware posted:

Officially lost soundwave's pointer finger :(

3 close calls so far :(

Gun-Megatron is staying in that hand from now on as far as I'm concerned

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I forgot to cancel my Amazon pre-order. MISB Metroplex sits there mocking me. He's going back in the mail (although I might take a poke on Craigslist first)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

If you don't like the idea that the Autobots have their own version of witch-smellers then you're just objectively wrong, I'm sorry

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I'm off to the US in less than two weeks. TRU had better have a MP Soundwave and/or Metroplex.

I've got an extra Metroplex onhand that I pre-ordered and forgot to cancel. Are you wanting the thrill of the hunt, or are you ok with just buying one and having it mailed somewhere

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

OK I'm still loving my MP Soundwave now where the gently caress is my MP Ratbat, MP Slugfest and MP Overkill

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY MEMORY STICK

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It certainly was something. Credit to Roberts for having the balls to finally put the L-word in play.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

no, but seriously, MP Ratbat

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I can't see any universe where I care enough to get an MP Soundblaster. Except the slim possibility of that being the only place to ever be able to get MP Ratbat

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Eh. Adding shades of The Autobots Are Not All Good Guys is all the rage nowadays. At least painting him as a traitor from the start in RiD is better than the idiotic episode of Beast Machines (you know which one).

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

God, I loving hate the movie aesthetic. Make it as cluttered and ugly as possible.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

MTMTE 20 preview out. poo poo's getting weird.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Alright.

Who is it in the last panel?

Gammatron 64 posted:

We're starting to run out of characters for him to kill off.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, James Roberts is the British Yoshiyuki Tomino.

It's a point in his favor with me. It's a frigging war story- people die.

Not to mention perpetual plot immortality leads to reader complacence. You never know if someone might die, you get that much more attached.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

That said, if you criticize anything James Roberts does, the fandom has a tendency to pounce on you immediately. I love 95% of his comic immensely and recommend it to everyone but if I have a tiny nitpick like "Eh, I dunno how I feel about an evil Star Saber" people are like "BWAAAAAH HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIM?!?!"

Remember when they did this with Furman?

I'd really like for Roberts to graduate to TV work. He's so great at packing backstory and world-building into comics, it'd be neat to see him do something with 22 minutes of airtime versus 22 pages.

For one, it'd be an instant improvement over TF:Prime's decompressed storytelling.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I just wish they'd reprint that Megatron/Calvin Johnson t-shirt, I'd love one of those

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Keldroc posted:

That is such a low bar as to be barely perceptible in difference. Bay's cynical contempt for the audience makes him worse in my book, though.

Yeah as much of a misfire as M. Night has become, he at least strove for something with his films.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'll wait next year for the Hasbro version that also has Slugfest and Overkill :colbert:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Abominus was a Scramble City-style combiner (1 big body, 4 interchangeable limbs). Monstructor was a smaller, unique TF made of six Pretender robots.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Monstructor completely ruled and I wish I could get him without paying both my arms for it.

Abominus is a boring scramble city POS.

Abominus is meh but the Terrorcons individually are suberb. Hungrrr is the best SC team leader toy there is.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Superion's chest is a loving concorde and Bruticus has an arm that's a goddamn space shuttle.

Superion's actually the one combiner that makes scale sense, when you consider it. Most of the jet limbs are similar sizes (the F-16 is kind of a runt, but not ridicuously so), and the chest jet is a massive airliner.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I don't mean the scale of the actual toys themselves (in which case yeah, Silverbolt is massively smaller), but the concept itself.

"Motorcycle leg/helicopter arm" obviously works badly, as does "jeep leg next to tank leg on truck body with space shuttle arm".

Menasor could work well in concept too, but he'd be about 1/3rd the size of Superion.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Devastator (either G1 or movie) makes good scale, as almost every type of vehicle is available in a very very wide range of sizes.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Hourlong interview with James Roberts about MTMTE, if you're interested- http://fullmetalhero.podbean.com/2013/08/12/special-episode-1-an-interview-with-james-roberts/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It's weird hearing people bitch about "kibble" and "partsformer" when half my toybox as a kid basically consisted of "lay down, fold legs and pretend his face isn't just sitting there right under the car"