Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I maintain that Galaxy Force is one of the best shows. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Ka0 posted:

They just had to go with katanas and heels didn't they.

Count your blessings that it doesn't have a fedora shaped head.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Keldroc posted:

Looks like there's a good chance TFA Season 3 is finally coming home.

Shout! Factory to Release TFA and Unicron Trilogy

I suppose it's too much to ask that Cybertron has a Japanese language and subtitle option.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Seriously though, those look awesome for my little nephew. I gotta track some down.

EDIT: Oh cool there's even more than just the ones in the videos.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Look at this loving thing! I will be the best uncle ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZjAsfgsXDU

EDIT: poo poo my little sisters would probably have a blast with something like this too.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I'm glad I already have the best movie OP (Super Butterfly Optimus), so the fact that this is incredibly hideous doesn't bother me in the least.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

Behold My True Form Optimus Prime is loving fantastic.

This guy gets it.

Look at it, all tucked perfectly away. Fantastic.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Plus, you shouldn't stick out his wings. They should all be down together as a glorious metal cape.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

No no no, I disagree, you have to have them splayed out like he's Gundam X going in for the kill.

Only when he's got his giant gun out. Metal cape is for idling.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

The_Doctor posted:

So, some bizarre news, I'm picking up a free xbox 360 from Nick Roche's brother tomorrow.

Yeah, you told us already.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Knormal posted:

I'm going to guess there was a mistranslation somewhere along the way and the dragon mode is actually a dragon boat. There's no way they're trying to pass that off as an actual beast mode. There's a slightly clearer pic here, they didn't even try to give it hind legs. Also that's quite an impressive random chest shelf Optimus is sporting.

Edit: No, I looked at it wrong. He actually serves as the third robot to a combination of the two team leaders.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

strangehamster posted:

There are an awful lot of loose Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy figures on eBay being shipped out of Korea, it's safe to assume they're KO's? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Transformers+Beast+Wars+Neo+Big+Convoy&_sop=15

My Big Convoy is the Korean version. It's perfectly fine.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

The Rage posted:

What the gently caress is that

That's Armada Sideswipe.

My favorite far and away is Cybertron Prime.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

strangehamster posted:

Santa bring me a BW Neo Big Convoy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-TRAN...=item3f2b19c15d

$35 + shipping.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Spiderdrake posted:

Also: How many people use instructions?

Depends on the complexity of the figure. Most anything I want I always look for youtube reviews ahead of time anyways, so I'll end up knowing how to transform it ahead of time.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I guess Transformers: Prime got renewed when no one was looking. The first episode of the new season aired on the 14th and my DVR picked it up. It's not bad but they immediately brought Megatron back to life. :shrug:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rhyno posted:

Are you sure its not the DTV film cut up into a few episodes?

I dunno about any film, the commercial breaks didn't seem forced in at all.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Prime, here's another leaked AoE Prime figure.

Looks like somebody felt inadequate compared to Cybertron Prime.

Sidenote: I found out the other day that there's an Orion Pax figure. He's not bad.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

TheDK posted:

Can we talk toy robot storage and display solutions?

For storage, I'm thinking my ideal solution would be something similar to a Christmas tree ornament box with divided sections where I could put a single bot with accessories and instructions. That would then be layered in a larger container, maybe 2 or 3 layers. I'd have different sizes of dividers for deluxe and similar size bots. Larger 3rd party, Masterpiece and Voyager would have something similar but larger and probably without layers. I don't know if something like this exists, but I'm just imagining what I would like if anything were possible. Do any of you have a particularly clever and/or appropriate storage solution?

For display, I do like the Ikea Detolf, which seems to be what a lot of collectors are using these days. But I would need at least 4 of those things, customize them to include additional shelves, and probably figure out some kind of lighting. Other than that I guess some bookcase type of setup could work. Maybe some of you could share your display setups?

This is all coming up because I'm moving and working on packing my toys and trying to determine where they will live in my new place. I'd like to display all of them, but what is most likely going to happen is I'll keep them in a big plastic bin until I feel the need to play with them at which point they will slowly take over my desk/office space, which is what eventually happened over the course of this past year.

Regarding your storage idea, that would be great. You can take a large box and make your own dividers for each bot. I always suggest storing any bot in it's most "stable" form where the least amount of pieces can pop off or suffer damage. Usually that's always it's alt form, but that's your discretion. If you want to make the effort you can also line the bottom with bubble wrap and place another between each "layer" of figures along with a another layer of cardboard for stability. Of course that's a ton of work for a large number of figures. So if you have a lot, I suggest large ziploc bags for groups of your smaller figures and a quick roll of taped together bubble wrap for larger and older ones. Also, all of them can go in large Rubbermaid containers.

Now displaying. As you guessed, Detolfs are the standard in collector glass cases. Cheap and easy. However as previously stated, unless you actually live near an Ikea, good loving luck getting one. Ikea actually has LED lighting sets specifically for Detolfs and other pieces of Ikea furniture, but they're kinda lovely so if you want to take the easy way you need to get two of these and affix one on top of the front and back of each shelf like this:

Instead, most people now wire together LED strips for each shelf to get the type of lighting they want. You can see what I mean here. Not a ton of work, probably a day's worth of placing and making everything look clean and tidy. Plus you get a lot more options in exactly how you want to light each shelf when you wire your own.

As far as bookshelves go, if you live near a Big Lots they sell tall bookshelves for like, 30 bucks. That's what I use. In fact I desperately need to get another one. :v:

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 15, 2013

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

GD_American posted:

If you're going to do your own LEDs, order a 5m reel of flexible strip LEDs, like from here:

http://ledlightsworld.com

Play around with it, and you'll realize you can do anything you want to do with them.

That's true. In addition to being able to use as much or few as you want in any placement you want, you can do crazy poo poo like set up rotating colors or a remote switch to turn them on.

Although there are ways to set up a remote switch for something like the Dioder sets.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Gammatron 64 posted:

Japan has made some really kickass giant robot shows (in fact, they pretty much invented it), so why they suck so bad at Transformers is anyone's guess. Maybe it's because they're sentient and not piloted mecha? And gently caress, Gaogaigar had sentient not-transformers too so I dunno what the gently caress.

I think the bottom line is nobody cares about Transformers in Japan so no effort is put into the series, and it's aimed at VERY young children - basically the Bakugan and Pokemon crowd I suppose.

None of the bots in the entire Brave line don't transform in some fashion. Even Mic Sounders transforms from a smaller robot to a bigger robot.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

strangehamster posted:

I was looking at those V-tech dinosaurs (again) at Target, the basic ones are the same price point as deluxes. The Vtech toys weigh 4x more, have lights, sounds, and a display inside of them. I almost got "MC Roar the Giganotosaurus" because he reminded me of a vehicon.

I somehow managed to completely forget these existed and now all my christmas gifts have been bought and wrapped. :mad:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Knormal posted:

So Go Prime has a huge backpack too. This figure just gets worse and worse. Looks like my earlier guess about one of his alt modes being a dragon boat rather than just a dragon was right though.

I'll probably still get it for my collection.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I got a Covenant of Primus for Christmas. This thing is sweet as hell

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rhyno posted:

I just opened my Metroplex. Sweet jesus, 100 decals? gently caress you Hasbro!

Never get into collecting Brave figures.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Why cookie Rocket posted:

1. What kind of toys comprise your existing "plastic habit"?

2. If you have any bitchin non-TF transformable robots to recommend, I am all ears.

I collect DX Braves and Power Rangers/Sentai Megazords. Personally, Braves are a lot more satisfying to collect because of their rarity. They also run towards really expensive unless you get lucky on eBay. Currently I have:

-GaoGaiGar
-Goldymarg
-GekiRyuJin and ChoRyuJin
-Goldran
-Sorakage
-Great Fighbird
-and Might Gaine

As for megazords, well...

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Gammatron 64 posted:

I really kind of dream of having a DX Gaogaigar and his friends. I've run into a lot of people who are like "ugh, why would you want those, they're G1 bricks get the SRCs instead, and while the CMs corp one is fragile, at least it's posable." If I get a Gaogaigar, I want the DX one more than any other.

The only Brave toys I have are ones that were reissued by Sonokong and clearanced on BBTS - Captain Shark, Gunkid, Deathgarrygun and this one I found at BotCon that I don't know the name of - he's made up of an ambulance, fire truck, police car and jet thingy, and you put bigger heads over their heads. They're pretty rad. I really want Advenger, because he's a steam locomotive and he combines with Captain Shark. I mean come on, that loving rules!

DX GaoGaiGar is the poo poo. He's like, 95% show accurate. Oddly enough he's probably the most "common" GGG DX you can find. Goldymarg is second, followed by GekiRyuJin. Big Volfogg and ChoRyuJin are about tied for rarity, and Mic Sounders is nearly impossible to find.

Beyond that, your mystery bot is Super Guardion. And good luck finding an Advenger for a decent price. He's expesive as hell because he never got a Sonokong reissue like the rest of the Goldran bots. I'm waiting til I have the money to get a Leon Kaiser to finish Great Goldran but he's twice the price of Goldran and Sorakage combined for some drat reason. :argh:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Knormal posted:

I think their Streetwise looks decent, but the I don't like the weird sci-fi bike they chose for Groove. I know they had to do something, since a motorcycle's just not bulky enough to make a good three-mode figure, but what they chose totally clashes with the rescue vehicle theme. I'd rather they just chose some other alt mode altogether. But at least you can't say it's blah I guess.

It's a Tomahawk.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Knormal posted:

So you know how everyone in here's been talking up those Switch-n-Go Dinos? Apparently Hasbro took notice.

I want a t-rex Optimus Prime

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Just pulled the trigger on DragonBoatTrain Prime since it showed up on ToyArena. I couldn't help myself.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

SlothfulCobra posted:

I've seen those, and I still don't understand what the point of them is. It's like one of those giant GI Joes but without the clothes. Or guns.

Or paint applications.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Oh poo poo look who just showed up

I don't have any batteries on hand. :saddowns:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

God that gold chrome is still so hideous.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You're probably welcome to it, but the condition doesn't look stellar and I have no idea if it's complete.

It's missing the sword and the red spheres that go in its shoulders and feet. Also, the feet aren't transformed correctly.

e: oh hey page after that one :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Anora posted:

Wasn't there some pyramid Zord that basically did that exclusively? Saw a video on Zord combinations, and could only laugh at that.

Pyramidas, but in fairness that's only in his robot mode. He has a carrier mode where everything is visible.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

The Rage posted:

20% off and free shipping at Hasbrotoyshop with SPRING14

poo poo, how long does this last? I can finally get a Metroplex for less than $100 but I can't afford it until the end of the month.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Arsenal_12 posted:

I fully admit that I am intimidated by the amount of stickers.

Never buy Brave toys then. :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Pyramidas is better. :colbert:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Keldroc posted:

But, as a result, it looked like this, so the point is kind of moot.

Not until the Transformers RiD line would a more hilarious leg-to-rest-of-robot proportion be achieved, perhaps not coincidentally by another trainbot.

That's mistransformed, the panels above the legs move down and give the appearance of more even proportions between the legs and torso. Doesn't help the arms though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

The Taint Reaper posted:

Still I'm curious how the reviews will be for it because the first three movies were awful. I mean are those past installments going to weigh it down?

It doesn't matter because kids want to see a movie with giant robots and toilet jokes. The story could be utter gibberish because it's basically printing money.