Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

When it comes to the more obscure masks, I like Dennis because starting with the knife(a deceptively good and speedy weapon) means you can really tear into the start of a level without having to do as much planning or waiting for patrol routes to line up. Tony does similar, sure, but the knife feels even faster to me and can be thrown if you need to.

That said, Willem technically sounds like it could be really cool and maybe change your strategy and gameplay a bit by instantly equipping a weapon from someone you punch, but I've never played it enough to get used to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm going as Jacket to a party. I'm just waiting on the jacket to get here.

Is it the official(?) Jacket jacket that one nerd shirt company was doing? I was thinking about getting that one, but the end result really didn't seem to look right color-wise, I wasn't feeling the type of letter they used, and it was pretty pricy for something that felt off to me.

I know they wanted to go off of that one promo poster, but even that didn't feel like it clicked somehow.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Not only was the trailer stylish as hell and showing off of a lot of new gimmicks to distinguish the game as not just a simple retread of the first, but the music was also really great, and fit the mood and energy of the trailer really well. I'm excited all over again. :allears:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I am one of the people who liked the boss fights, even though I had trouble figuring them out at first and didn't know I could skip the dialogue. I don't know, somehow I just appreciated the change in action, getting to fight something that wasn't just a warm body to tear through for a change, and they were kind of like a puzzle to figure out more than genuinely difficult.

Flesnolk posted:

HLM 1 was hard as balls but its difficulty was about as real as pro wrestling. Too many arbitrary "gently caress you"s as opposed to actual challenge. It wasn't even a "not aggressive enough" thing because there were times I'd just get instantly ventilated before I'd even had the opportunity to do anything; I sorta wonder if lag had something to do with how bullshit fast every enemy was whereas you guys seem to have had no trouble whatsoever. Whatever, hopefully Wrong Number will be less dumb about it.

I think the devil may be in the details here. The reaction speed of enemies follows a specific pattern, and it relates to how well you burst in on them. Essentially, they're made to be forgiving and turn/fire a bit more slowly for if you rush them after a short distance like around a corner, meaning you have the element of surprise. Meanwhile, approaching in the wrong way and giving them too much room and time to work with means they really will just turn and shoot you. Part of getting good at Hotline Miami is learning the sweet spot of how to properly bumrush enemies.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

Edit: Also, I know why it's the case but am I the only one a little disappointed the fight with the dual wielding mob boss is so scripted? For example it's possible to sneak an Uzi into the arena as Richter but it doesn't do anything - it would've been cool if they'd actually programmed tricks like that to work.

I actually forgot all about Richter's gun. What I did do was weasel around with the first area's guard positioning until I could dispatch both of the armored guys with one shotgun shell, so I could take the last shot into the boss area with me. Predictably the shotgun blast didn't work either, but it was fun to try.

• Locked thread