Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I love the Chameleon. It's amazing how being just slightly harder to notice changes your playstyle so much; I became a lot more prone to blitzing through the levels and charging in heedlessly when I got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I've done the first ten levels and they've been dope as poo poo, not sure why everyone's so down on them. I mean, I believe that they could get worse, but the Fan levels have been great and Soldier's first is probably my favorite from either game. It definitely plays a bit different, but I don't think it's as cheap as you guys are making it out to be, at least so far. Even in the wide open areas you can usually weave from room to room to draw gun guys in close. As long as you use shift+mouse to look ahead its not that bad. The music and VCR aesthetic are all really well done too.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Wild Horses posted:

They changed the shift look a bit, it's a lot more clunky and disorienting for many people. Also some levels have insane corridors and guys you cannot possibly see shooting. It gets worse is what i mean.

Fair enough, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The Richter levels are so good. I love the second one, where at the very start you have to flawlessly disarm and steal a gun to kill the heavy. I died like thirty times but felt like King poo poo afterwards.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Finally got around to finishing the last of the Son's levels. Goddamn this was the best game I've played in a very long time. And what an ending, jesus. Figuring out what actually happened with the Son and Alex and Ash was hilarious. I really wasn't expecting the storyline to end up coming together so well, but it did, and they even had the decency to tie up all the loose ends in a conclusive albeit really loving grim way.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I'm still not sure how the story in Hotline Miami 1 fits together. So Jacket's levels are all "real" until he gets bonked on the head by Biker, and then... what? In a coma he overhears how his girlfriend is offed by Richter? And Beard wasn't actually murdered by Richter, cause he has to move to San Francisco only to get a nuke dropped on him.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Replaying this and getting A+s without much difficulty on all the levels that I got Cs on as I forced my way through the first time. This game is so loving good. I forgot about this track but I think its my favorite in the game, it only plays for a brief interlude before Soldier's first mission.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I breezed through Dead Ahead on the second (still normal...) playthrough with an S. The level I'm actually having the most difficulty acing is Withdrawal. It just seems very difficult to string together a floor length combo, even if you don't care about dying on the third part.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The swans are a really fun concept, but they're really really hard to actually use. I feel like it would work a lot better if you only controlled Alex, and Ash was just 100% AI-controlled.

I think they function pretty well, I just wish Ash would snap to enemies more efficiently. As it is it's basically a leap of faith for me whether or not he's gonna shoot that guy with a shotgun as we come around a corner or whether I'm going to get pasted.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Amorphous Blob posted:

By far the hardest part of the first game's final boss is avoiding the suicide shot.

Is there any hint at all as to who freaked the Biker out? It couldn't have been Jacket since he was in jail.

I figured it was a visitation from Richard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Lacedaemonius posted:

I disagree, the music's all excellent but it's also all really scattered. I really preferred the first game's OST for its laser-focus. And honestly it seems like there are just fewer tracks in Wrong Number to get you really psyched up. There was what, Magna and a bit of Carpenter Brut? The rest was just kind of meh.

The Way Home is awesome and fits Casualties really well.

• Locked thread