Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Skittle Wood posted:

I've only done 4 missions so far, so I've still got a lot to learn about the game. Don Juan's my favorite mask so far, while Earl was a bit of a disappointment unless I just haven't been using it right.

If Earl is the "survive one bullet" mask then no, it's useless. Most of the enemies in the game use automatic weapons or shotguns so if you get hit with one bullet you'll usually get hit by five more immediately so surviving the first shot is worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Flamethrower is better than any of the other weapons in practically any circumstance other than maybe the first and second screen of Casualties and Stronghold. I'd say go for that.

The only issue with the flamethrower is that most of the time it won't go through windows and the last couple of screens of Casualties are a loving fractal nightmare of glass and fat assholes.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

Nothing in this game is as bad as the original's boss fight.

Dead ahead hard mode. The whole thing.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

I guess? I don't take bonus modes into consideration.

The HM boss fight is not really that bad, the only point where you should be in any danger of dying is right after you kill the ninja girl and have to run behind the pillar. Otherwise you can just wait for the boss to reload and pop out a throw a knife at him.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Is there actually a strategy to the really fast strangly inmates in the prison level? It pretty much seems like a total crapshoot as to whether or not I can hit them once they see me, and it's impossible not to be seen by some of them. Sometimes they'll be the last guy on the map and I'll have to restart because it doesn't register that I'm swinging a melee weapon at them.

If you throw a gun near them they pick it up and become a regular enemy.

• Locked thread