Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Anatharon posted:

Are you implying HLM2's like that, or that their other game was like that?
Hey do you remember the time that Sykic "got good" and A+'d all levels on hard and said the game was still a terrible experience and provided multiple images and gifs as to why this was the case and everyone ignored him because

I remember that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

You remember that time that Battletoads required you to "get good" for it's stages starting with level two? The game was a buggy mess that felt incomplete with no concept of level balance or anything or introducing new mechanics with no explanation? A level that you couldn't even beat with two players in the original US version because for some hosed reason the controls for player 2 get locked on that stage forcing constant game overs until player 2 just quits and then comes back in the next level ONLY if they still have continues left over? How after all of the bullshit you went through the final boss was lackluster as gently caress and the ending had no payoff? And the story sucked anyway? The only thing people all agree on was the music was amazing in that game and that it constantly ends up being on people's best video games of all time lists. Sure, a lot of people hate the game, but it had an impact. Sometimes you have an experience that is just so much fun despite all of it's obvious flaws that you just say "gently caress it, the game is great." If the different approach to level design, the buggy AI, and storyline in HLM2 is really driving you away that much you obviously are missing what makes the game good. I'm not going to sit here and white knight for the game; that's not the point of this post. I like the game, I think it's awesome, but mainly my concern is that you and several others are constantly saying "This game is stupid and terrible and if you don't like it you are wrong." Look if you don't like the game that's fine. It's okay to not like a game. I don't think I'm alone in saying I think the game is amazing. Stop insulting people who praise this game. Go play something else. :smith:

did you quote the wrong post

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

I can't believe people are still worked up over the sequel having huge levels instead of little speedrunnable ones.

I'm sorry that the game isn't the game you wanted :cry:

hey bro that's a great straw man you've got there did you make it yourself or did you rent it from snorkel bob's

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

Almost all of the problems people have with the game, are caused by the larger levels.

Sykic posted:

HotlineMiami2.gif

Sykic posted:

Well, since you asked.

Sykic posted:

(Everyone watching my stream saw this and said it missed)

(Enemy walked off the map)

(gently caress doors)

So no, I don't think so.

snorkel bob's wants that strawman back yo don't burn it that hard

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hotline miami australia sounds a little confusing budd

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

Instead of talking about how there is a cool new game that takes after the design of hotline miami, its time to repost the same tired gifs of the glitches one guy got once or that time when he TOTALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE loving DIED I WAS AROUND THE GODDAMN CORNER and complain about how the game is too different from first and also at the same time a complete rehash of the same game

this thread is pathetic, somebody gas this poo poo already

you should really get some preparation h at this point your rear end is clearly chapped from it getting whipped so many times

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

What does this even mean? Why are you projecting your own butthole on other posters?

MY BUTTHOLE IS ETERNAL

but your butthole is shriveled and weaeping

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

Mods please rename this thread the butthole comparison and discussion thread and move it to gbs tia

haha you are probated

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

turboraton posted:

You really need help if you S all levels of a game you hate.

we've been over this

5:29 PM - Sykic: please don't use the words "star citizen" and "productivity" in the same sentence tia
5:29 PM - Coolguy: that game is bad.
5:30 PM - Sykic: it is.
5:30 PM - Sykic: they've made absolutely no attempt to fix ANYTHING since I last played
5:29 PM - Coolguy: butt the level editor
5:29 PM - Coolguy: now other people can fix everything
5:30 PM - Sykic: doors are still invincibility frames (HEEEEEH)
5:30 PM - Sykic: hitboxes are still garbage
5:31 PM - Sykic: you still get shot from offscreen

(for context, i had commented on some ex-star citizen lady who started a let's play channel and was posting a new episode like every 8 hours. i commented that i envied her productivity. sykic decided that hotline miami was less important than the message he sent me.)

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 10, 2015

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Have they even said they intend to continue work on it because even this release sort of sagged over the finish line like an asthmatic man trying to try out for the track team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

here lies HLM2

he was pretty bad at things

here lies all his children

they never scored

• Locked thread