Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

The Presidential assassination really seems like something that should have been playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

I kinda wish fat player characters had the same melee immunity as the enemies, just for consistencies sake.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

I was kinda surprised the Actor didn't do more. I vaguely recall some of the previews implying that he was going on his own vigilante murder spree in order to "get in character."

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Trick Question posted:

I figure the actor part is less about the Actor himself than about how famous Jacket is for his murder sprees, though. It's exposition.

I guess, I still think it would have been a nice premise for a few levels. I suppose I know what my first level editor creation will be.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

Why is it specifically Payday and not Heat or any other piece of media with a bank heist?

All the Hotline-Payday crossovers probably, also Hoxtons mask being in the games files.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

But this is the only right way to play. It's the people diving straight into Hard and playing through it on the day after release that get bitter and resentful about the game and do nothing but shitpost about how bad the game is, the rest of us chill people take it easy, dip into Normal to max out our level rankings and only then do we try Hard. The game's much more enjoyable that way.

After I went through Hard mode I went for getting A+ on Normal levels, which has been a massive cake walk so far. Game couldn't be anymore chill for me now. :unsmigghh:

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah I'm just dumb I guess. I mean yeah, why would they only give you those two. But maybe they're restricting the level editor to like Hotline 1 rules, since Hotline 2 has so much stuff going on?

I don't know! Have we even seen the level editor yet?

Yes, there was a trailer for it and everything

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Could someone repost the spinning Dog gif? with Richard talking about spinning out of control?

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Also I kind of expected Tony to be unmasked and revealed as Manny after the intro to Dead Ahead. They're both kind of jerks to their nicer friends (Mark and Evan) but mostly because he knew to plant evidence in Alex's house.

I get that Manny breaks into Alex's home but why does everyone say that he's there "planting" evidence rather than searching for some? Is there something I missed?

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Can you all go back to whining about the level editor?

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Level Editor beta might be out late next month..

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Made a level for The Fans if anyone's interested.

Screenshots:

NewMars posted:

Has anyone made one of those Biker takes on 50 blessing's campaigns that everyone was talking about doing yet?
Not that I know of. It'd be kinda hard to pull of considering the only enemies he can fight are Russian Mobsters. I imagine The Hammer will be the popular choice for "Taking the fight to 50 Blessings" style campaigns.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Polka_Rapper posted:

Which track is playing in that one?

Richard By Dubmood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

Also is there a way for Henchman to start with his gun equipped?
There are two ways, both explained here.

• Locked thread