Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Does Hot Hatch mean it blurs the background when you try to take a picture?

Are corvettes hot hatches because I could be down for that. Anyway everyone knows the hottest hatch is the Nissan Leaf. (zero to 20 that is.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Buy a robot car with the automatic brakes. The stupid radar cruise though will not let you follow at 30 feet. My next car is having both features I have better things to do beside paying attention.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Midjack posted:

Stick a K20A2 in it. :getin:

http://www.4pistonracing.com/engine/longblocks?partsfor=7

Some good choices here.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is the civic a hot hatch? The type R seems too expensive to me. Why can't they put a 2.4 L turbo in the cheap one. It can't cost any more money just drill bigger holes in the block.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

KillHour posted:

The Si is pretty warm, I'd say. Go drive one?

The SI is not a hatch and they also forgot to put knobs on the radio.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Minivans are extremely practical and reliable.

Test drove the Civic SI my head hit the roof and I couldn't figure out how to get the seat to lower. The hatch was fine but they didn't have an LX only a sport. The civic sedan lx though was better in every way except no turbo. I think with a new head and exhaust and SI differential swap it might work. Not sure if that differential swap is a bolt in since the engine is different need to check.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
A focus SVT 5 door is calling my name, Elephanthead, Elephanthead, yes I smell like vomit, love me.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is it wrong to change the down pipe on a new civic and try to burn out an led engine light?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can buy a brand new stick civic with an old school 4 banger that has 150 hp for $18k brand new with zero ish interest financing. It is fantastic to shift so smooth. The engine is not direct injected so probably run until you die.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Please do not ridicule foreigners that don't have the advantage of a transmission built by Manuel.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BlackMK4 posted:

Fair enough, it is a trade in terms of power versus feedback

waiting for the volume knob myself what a comfortable useful sedan

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
My 90s GM car was assembled with glue that in 10 years dries out and loses all adhesion. I see VW has perfected the process to 2 months.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Your summer tires will get destroyed by cold temps the rubber chunks apart. I bought a ford with summer tires in the snow belt and the guy obviously drove all winter cause the tires were chunky, lol. Ford is so dumb.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

KillHour posted:

Dazzle camo? It's supposed to make it harder to see the shape/body lines.

Don't look at the car we are going to spend 100 million dollars promoting!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Midjack posted:

Honda is apparently planning to close the Swindon plant in 2022, I wonder what this bodes for the Civic Type R:

https://news.sky.com/story/honda-to-stun-ministers-with-closure-of-swindon-factory-11641154

There really is no reason they can't build the hatches at a different civic plant.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

latinotwink1997 posted:

Well, it’s more hoping they can avoid A and B but they don’t have time to check if B is a worse idea.

A is guaranteed hitting someone but B has a chance of no damage or extreme damage and everyone’s a gambler it seems.

Sometimes the person in B will move over and not smash you if you are lucky. Diving into the shoulder though is the proper move even if you get stuck.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Quite A Tool posted:

So I might be heading back to New England (NH/VT’ish) and I’m considering dropping the FIST to something that will fit the area. Before I get a 5.0 F150 (wife doesn’t think a Mustang GT is reasonable) what can y’all tell me about the WRX? I know we’re skipping out of hatch territory but I still want some heat in my daily.

Edit: I know i could put snows on the Fiesta but I want to go faster so, yeah.

Get the F150. States have stopped fixing pot holes.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Midjack posted:

Yes, new Si plus upgrades is an alternative to new R that costs less up front and may result in a superior outcome over time.

Plus you get a car you will never be able to sell so you got that going for you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

Chevy did SS appearance packages for the Cobalt and just why?

This is why the rest of the world hates America.

It came with the better suspension even if the ecotech was naturally aspired. Also you could still buy SS chevys in 1973 with less HP then the appearance package Cobalt.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
carmax will buy anything they just take the heaps to the auto auction. They also pay you accordingly.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

a mysterious cloak posted:

Nice!

In case you haven't experienced it yet, welcome to the cleaning hell that is owning a black car :respek:

Oh hey I opened my garage door to take the trash cans out to the street and now my car needs a full detail cause a breeze of 1 mph blew in some pollen. It looks so good for 15 minutes though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Apollodorus posted:

Oh those white wheels are coool.

saw a white 86 turbo lebaron with the white wheels today, so classy.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can get the accord for 21k. I think they fixed the cylinder washdown on the little tubos.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
2003 Pontiac vibe gt hot hatch or hottest hatch?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

angryrobots posted:

I have a matrix XRS, AMA. In this age of turbos and intercoolers, it's a warm hatch at best. Makes good noises for a 4-cyl and is pretty reliable with normal maintenance. Parts are cheap.

also they are cheap really cheap and invisible to cops

I call her vibey, vibed for your pleasure

sorry imgur is not working

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 27, 2019

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

fknlo posted:

I love how many manufacturers avoided putting in backup cams until they were legally mandated even though most cars had some sort of screen capable of showing the picture from a backup camera in them. It was part of a $3500 option package on my M3 until they were legally mandated to have it as standard :allears:

Look that is nearly 35 bucks in parts you trying to bankrupt them!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BraveUlysses posted:

still cringing at the thread title

Me too needs more vibe.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Adjusting the parking brake adjusters works wonders for having a parking brake.

Vibe useless trivia fact of the day,

The digital odometer is limited to 299,999 miles.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Sep 2, 2019

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Still waiting for my fever dream RS8 Alltrack to materialize

Can you even buy a new RS8 yet? I mean if you have piles of cash.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

That’s why I got my Abarth.

btw if you guys are ever selling a car try Carvana. They gave me 1400 more than other dealers and it took like 5 minutes.

I tried to sell it privately but no one wanted my Abarth.

I Vroomed my mustang they offered more than Carvana, I would submit to all of them and take the highest. So easy, even easier if they have a car in inventory you want they will drop it and pick up your heap. It really is grub hub for AI addicts.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I sometimes take my wheels off just to inspect the brakes.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao imagine flying across the country to get fisted

I flew across the country to get fisted and it ended up being too small.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I could never shift with my left hand.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Vibe GT update, awesome.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Looking cool is way better then having a functioning spine, come on AI.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

KakerMix posted:

These are both hot I promise

Obviously look at the hood bulge.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

angryrobots posted:

The new Corolla hatchback has a 6 speed that is apparently really nice. I guess not that long ago 168 hp would have been a hot hatch but... It's really difficult for me to give up my XRS Matrix for something with similar-ish power with 400lbs more to lug around.

Please Toyota put a hairdryer on it. :pray: Or let Yamaha wave their magic wand in that direction again.

I wonder if I can swap that gearbox into my vibe gt

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

angryrobots posted:

Ugh yeah I mean sure but isn't that thing like super expensive? (Yeah, $36-$42k in Japan)

Could they just put some power in the new Corolla? Hell of a jump to bring in the 4wd homologation special Godzilla Yaris and ignore the rest of the lineup.

This make the IM 300 hp. Yeah sure the transmission will die every 5000 miles but whatever.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I bought a 2003 vibe gt. I have never washed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

opengl128 posted:

It’s for people who a car is just like a washing machine or a fridge. Pile Jayden and Fraiden and Asfdaiden into it and away you go.

e: don’t put your kids in the washing machine

How am I supposed to wash them?