Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Focus RS is reported to have 345 horses

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/25/ford-focus-rs-345-horsepower-video-official/

I know what I'm getting when it finally gets here. Now the question. Blue or grey?

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jun 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Looks like it from the pictures in that article I linked:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ret-6ZldcIE

This video sucks because you only hear the gt-350 going up in front of it, but you do get a little of the noise at the end.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Click here to build your RS!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I got a 2016 6 speed with 20k miles for 20k a month ago.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I bought one of these for the front rather than drilling holes in a plastic bumper and I'm happy with it.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I think there's something in there about trying to reduce the amount of time people spend on the phone in their car while on the road. If it's tethered to the dash with a USB, and tucked away like this:

Then people wouldn't be on their phone, especially if you can stomach the awful AA or CP text to speech.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sure, it's on thingverse. They make a bunch of other ones for specific phones and cables you can find.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2992968

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sounds too shady and therefore too expensive to me. Find another one.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if you can shove a bigger turbo in it.

Or a 2.0L

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

2016 GTI with 40k miles.

Replaced the windshield (loving rocks) and O2 sensor.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Really it's not true unless you compare it to an S2000 or an M3. It's a fine car to dd, I've done track days in mine and it's a ton of fun.

Would I rather track day my friends 2018 'vette? Yes.
Would I rather pay 55k and be a cop magnet and/or have my knees break climbing in and out of the thing every day? No.

Your reason to not get one should be your own reason, not because blackmk4 and revmoo have an s2000 or a M3 and therefore it's poo poo in comparison.

I have mine for very practical reasons: it's a small light car with a manual trans that can keep up with nearly any consumer car with a very small amount of mods, and can still get 30+ mph on the freeway in boring grandpa cruise mode. For me, it is the perfect daily driver out of all the available options right now.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I haven't seen it yet in the new AndroidQ yet. Might be in October or something.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

MetaJew posted:

Kinda want this, although I imagine buying a used $100k car is probably actually a moneypit.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/austin-2013-mercedes-e63-amg/6973438844.html

Fixed it for you.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I've had my '16 mk7 for a year now and the only thing it's needed is an o2 sensor, and regular oil changes. Nothing that didn't take more than an hour to do myself, and I got to buy a fancy new tool to do it.

I've put about 25k miles on it in a year. Only real complaint I have is that the gas tank is tiny as gently caress.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Best Hot Hatch for sale on BaT: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-lancia-delta-integrale-evo-1/

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I came from a Honda manual to the mk7 manual. Bought it specifically because I wanted a manual (and I wanted the plaid) and got the performance package to get the LSD.

Get the manual dude. Yes the DSG is probably faster and better in every way, and yes, the vw manual unit is not as good as the Miata, but who cares? Drive it, and if you like it, buy it. That's what I did. It's still the best hot hatch you can buy.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

BraveUlysses posted:

loving wild that people are selling gtis fort prices that high... got me thinking

Same. Carvana offered me what I bought mine for 3 years ago, time to trade up.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

GTI also works as a great multiple dog hauler.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Cheap(ish) dog Wagon you say?
https://www.autotempest.com/results?make=jaguar&model=xf&localization=country&trim_kw=Sportbrake

I have fun in mine. Always makes me smile

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 5, 2024

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

This is a spicy option that I forgot about, thanks! I'm more ok with automatics these days and this is a really drat good option if I wanted something cheaper but still interesting and unique. Seems they have the ZF 8spd as well. Those are absolutely gorgeous. How do they drive?

Engine is quiet and composed driving around but then hit put your foot down so the choo choo noises start, you're in the back of the seat and your dog falls over in the rear. Really good gt car, wife and I have done multiple multi state road trips in it and it's comfy as can be.

It has a sport mode that increases the tune, makes throttle response feel great, reduces traction control , sends power to the rear and puts it into paddle shift mode. I usually end up sliding the back end around in sport.

Transmission has three modes:
Eco which I never use unless I'm on the highway where the shift points are terrible, but gas mileage goes up to around 30mpg
Normal which I stay in where most of the time. Usually get 24-27mpg
Sport that makes shifting really quick and snappy.

I've taken it to an autocross event and it's a big heavy beast so it's not fast but it accelerates pretty good on the straights and doesn't roll too much with the glass roof.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to upgrade to when this one falls apart. The Merc wagon and Audi rs6 are both too expensive, and I don't think I can go back to a smaller hatch. Might have to do a restomod or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001