Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

All Of The Dicks posted:

Can someone explain the purpose of San Diego?

Look at this poo poo. Why, yes, I would love some dry ground beef and cilantro on a corn tortilla the size of a quarter. That sounds loving fantastic. Give me a whole plate of them.

Look at the loving post. Its called 'carne asada' and that specimen looks pretty drat good.

You might be a bit thrown by its lack of a hard taco shell and sour cream and guac not slathered over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

dr.gigolo posted:

San Diego has ruined Mission burritos for me. They always seem so surprised when I ask for no rice in my gigantic 3 pound burrito.

I actually sometimes like adding rice into some SD style burritos; holds the hot sauce well.

Proper, well built burritos, regardless of origin are basically perfect food delivery systems.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Dick Murphy is a cool name.

Also, I love Qualcomm Staduim/The Murph but lmao that loving thing is ancient as gently caress.

The UT is a terrible piece of poo poo rag that's just gotten worse since Doug Manchester bought it and started using it as his personal conservative bullshit PSA machine.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 13, 2013

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bobby Digital posted:

It looks like a parking structure.

Brutalist architecture is kinda cool but otherwise pretty depressing.

DO YOU LIKE REPEATING CONCRETE GEOMETRY?!?!?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
A good friend of my fathers moved to Vegas (from San Diego) because of (business)taxes.

I enjoyed his emails complaining about it being 100F and how its awful, in June.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

Someone post a CA newspaper tier.

The San Diego UT is easily the last and shittiest.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The main reason that Donna Frye is calling for Mayor Filner to resign is because he refused to sexually harass her.

(lol if u give a poo poo about SD politics whatsoever.)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

San Diego, bro.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

On on a similar note, the Hummer limo is one of the more embarrassing inventions in human history.

Stretch-limos are built to be large and ridiculous and hold alot of people to begin with so honestly Hummers are perfect vehicles to make a limo out of.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

withak posted:

That is California pizza, which is fine, but it is not a substitute for real pizza.

Please don't start a "real pizza" debate. Its dumb.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
As a massive (get it) taco shop fan, I on occasion get a serious Taco Bell craving.

I am not sorry.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I don't get Del Taco, its like they are Taco Bell minus the even slight sense of giving a poo poo about anything.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just found this thread. San Diego native here. Please feel free to ask me whatever.

You can also email me at chinatown858 (AT) G Mail DOT....

Protip: Eat a burrito whilst drunk.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Not really familiar with Mira Mesa but if you hop over to Kearny Mesa go to Super Sergios on Convoy Street. I ended up there many a drunken night for a few years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Thats a pretty good list due to the fact all those places suck really really hard.

I've been to about half of those. (driving through them at high speeds)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

And at the very end of the article they call Irvine "thrilling" :what:

As a San Diegan that is loving offensive to be lumped in with Irvine. Hey bruh lets go to the Spectrum and ride the ferris wheel and look at the freeways and tract housing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

Also the Inland Empire is great and I will defend it to my death :colbert:

Its a wasteland.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

I'd rather live here than the Bay Area.

Yeah I would take meth-heads over "tech" workers any day.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yo real talk West LA is a loving weird place filled with some truly awful people. Also traffic. Anyone who talks about "culture" there needs mental help.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

Hey does anyone have any opinions on burritos?

Oh boy here we go.

San Diego is undisputed champion of burritos. Mission burritos are garbage and the reason Chipotle exists.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
15th street in Del Mar is real nice that was my beach growin up!

If you want to be not like other tourists feel free to not leave a bunch of trash on the beach when you leave!

People from Arizona apparently treat our beaches like they do the desert back home and leave trash everywhere.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rah! posted:

Yes, we're all tech workers here in the Bay Area. Every last one of us. And there's no meth-heads here, no sir!

:thejoke:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
As a San Diegan that is in drives all over LA often for work take this advice when it comes to food:

"When in doubt, eat some tacos."

I have literally stumbled upon cool little nooks of LA just looking for tacos.

The downtown warehouse/garmet district has some cool spots. Near the old NABISCO building is a cool cafe smashed into an old railway spur.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Cops generally suck but at least I am white and drive a newer model clean BMW so it could be alot worse.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RandomPauI posted:

Thankfully you can use Waze, Sigalert, and public radio to find out about how bad the jam is and if you'll need to take an hour long detour around the 101 to cover the last 20 miles to your house. Granted that was Ventura County but the principle still applies.

Been using Waze for the past few months here in SoCal and I love it.

Must. Get. Points. :xd:

FMguru posted:

On the other hand, Californians have no concept of time, and you get places like Los Angeles where anything built before 1950 is described as "historic".

Art Deco architecture!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Breakfast burritos loving own. Eggs, pico, guacamole, cheese.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Las Vegas defined.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you vote for any new tax in CA you are a loving moron.

Good day sirs.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

EnsGDT posted:

25 new posts, no burgers, burritos, or car chases.

Come on what has this thread become? Informational??

I feel this is topical for this thread. Listened to this on the way home from work today.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2014/06/26/325803580/what-burritos-and-sandwiches-can-teach-us-about-innovation

Burritos own you should eat more burritos. They are the optimal edible food delivery device.

I am a burrito based life form.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Said it before and I will say it again.

When I went to Five Guys for the first time I literally scoffed out loud at the prices.

I can get essentially the same quality food at 2/3s the price at In-N-Out. Plus drive thru. Plus non-hokey dumb service.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dancing Peasant posted:

I understand that pretty much every goddamn foodie in the Bay Area is going to flock to this.

I'd rather kill myself.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Helpimscared posted:

I was in San Diego this past week, had a really nice time. Im jelly of you goons who live there.

Good to hear! Weather was pretty decent IMO. :)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If I had to move out of San Diego County, I would move to Denver. Easily.

Cool city, good weather, decent cost of living.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The great thing about eating is a burrito is you can eat it with one hand while using the other to tell anyone who references that article to get hosed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

withak posted:

Those pictures of dissected burritos are really bothering me.

Also this.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Usually I put a burrito in my hot sauce.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Riverside is cool because normally there is no reason to go there and if you do the 215 will swiftly take you away from it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Jesus.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

teh_Broseph posted:

We've been to a few places in CA but never Sacramento

Californians also say this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you live in San Diego (as I do) you don't go to LA unless for business. There is no reason to go to that awful loving city otherwise.

And yes I live in a lovely apartment 1 block from the beach. I live 30 mins north of the metro area though. (Its better) (Also more $$$)

• Locked thread