Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Touch of Grey
Feb 22, 2006

TheJeffers posted:

I might be getting a nice knife as a Christmas gift, and I'm wondering if anybody has used MAC's Professional 9.5" chef's knife, as seen here. I can't find much about it online, but people seem to describe these as good workhorse knives, which appeals to me.

If this isn't a good use of $185, I'm open to suggestions. It doesn't seem like I'd want an ultra-thin gyuto, as I often smash garlic with the flat of the blade, and it doesn't seem like really thin blades would stand up to that sort of use. I don't really care about cosmetics so long as the edge is good.

I've sold a lot of them, use it myself and I'm really happy with it. I've definitely put it through a lot and so far I haven't even chipped it. Sharpens easily enough, too. I have more expensive knives, but it's the one I keep going back to. But ultimately you just have to try it and find out if it feels all right for your style of knife work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread