Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh good, a LARP thread. I play in the Curious Pastimes system in the UK, although I did join a friend on Team Evil for the final Maelstrom event, where we literally had carrier bags full of magic cards and got poo poo-all use out of them instead of the apocalyptic hellstorm we were hoping for. We instead went out in a blaze of glory in the pub. Good times.

Do any of the UK LARPers in this thread play CP? It never quite stood up to LT or PD in terms of budget in the past, but they have seriously been stepping it up in the past couple of years:

They're also trying an NPC faction for the first event of next year, partly to introduce a new part of the game world but presumably also to see how it works in-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'll take your word on that, mostly because I can't find the info on it to check. Although to be fair, plaigarising reality is the basis for more than one LARP group. I entirely trust CP to do something good with it. If you don't fancy it, why not create a regular PC? Some of the faction descriptions are a bit out of date though.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 16, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Only CP for me, if anyone's attending those? I'll be romping about in big chunky beast kit with the Jhereg, having lost my obnoxious elf pirate early last year (and my temp human character after he was cursed with total fearlessness and didn't bother to run away with everyone else from a rampaging werewolf).

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Camrath, in the UKMT thread posted:

Oooh, nice. I've never done CP- I've been an LT bod since I started in 06, but was down to go to the Vale this weekend prior to crippling myself. Seriously, give the next Vale event a go if it doesn't clash for you- bloody lovely site, and quite unlike any other system I've played in.

I'd like to branch out from CP as it's all I've done, but as I don't have a huge amount of cash to spend on (more) LARP I'll be sticking with CP for the time being - I'm hoping to jump ship to a higher paying job this year though, which will mean more spare cash for more LARP.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 4, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

All CP all year for me, with a few decent highlights including infliltrating a beastkin army for the Wolves by faking the death of their war leader, resulting in two factions having a massive aneurysm while they combed the forest for me and a scouting missions where our five-strong scouting team, the four-strong monster crew and a 28-strong army of players ran into each other in the pitch black. We spent most of it crouching in the shadows, horrendously exposed while all hell broke loose around us and confusedly wondering what the hell we were supposed to do, since we didn't know who the army were.

Next two events will be faction events, one our parliamentary wah-fest and the other being at Fort Widley, where the long, dark tunnels will be a prison we're tasked with taking back. It's gonna be ace.

I'd quite like to give the Vale a crack at some point, so I'm hoping to have all of next year's CP paid off by the year's end so I can look at other events. Possibly Empire too, if it doesn't clash.

• Locked thread