Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Uh, I think you may have missed the part where Hanekawa makes the decision to confront the Tiger and everything it represents in her -here meaning all the thoughts of envy, jealousy and all the assorted regrets that she had been suppressing all this time- thus buying enough time for Araragi to come in for the save and stab it in its big stupid head. Can't blame you, it did have pretty stunning visuals. But a) it was totally there and b) it kinda sorta was the entire point of the arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Popehoist posted:

That was exactly my point, though. Her making that decision to confront it is a big point of character development but since the mythical beasts in this show are visual metaphors it feels cheapening that she isn't able to control and defeat her own envy without the help of the Main Character.

I feel like the entire point of the show is that, in this crazy hosed up world where teenage neuroses can have devastating effects, the one thing one can do to control that madness is to confront it with the help of one's friends. The thing you were expecting from Hanekawa is something that hasn't really happened ever in the course of the show.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I don't want this arc to be over but I know it is because it played a dramatic reprise of the current OP and holy moly this episode was great.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

So he was conning us?

drat. It probably isn't, but I want that to be true.

I mean, it even played his theme music and everything. You know, that one song that plays whenever he's doing any kind of grifting. Kaiki lies, to the point where his outfits change from one shot to another in the episodes he's narrating. That's his thing.

• Locked thread