Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bake and Nise are available on Hulu as well so you should mention that in the OP.

First episode of the new season was a bit of a letdown I guess? Considering how Nekomonogatari was all about Hanekawa I wasn't exactly clamoring for a third arc about her when everyone else has only had their intro arc. The direction also felt like Shinbo was just running on cruise control. I guess it's nice to see how the cast acts when Araragi isn't around but at the same time I miss him already; he just has a great rapport going on with every character in the show.

Also seconding the disappoint about Kanbaru's arc not making it into the second season. She's the best character and it's terrible that we're gonna have to wait a long time for another story about her. Hopefully she'll get some screen time though; the few scenes with her in Nise were hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I think the problem I have with that is that I find most fan-translated light novels to be rather clunky and just awkward to read. Plus a big part of why I like the series is the voices and Shaft's quirky art direction.

I guess whenever the Kizumonogatari movie is finally done I can watch that and then rewatch the Hanekawa arcs to see if it changes my mind about her.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Wait, wasn't the first season done in an already retardedly tight budget? Like, wasn't stuff missing from the original broadcast that was only shown in the DVD/BD releases? :confused:

Yeah, there were episodes that were literally unfinished when they aired on TV. It was pretty dire. And the last 3 episodes that were gonna be available online were delayed for quite some time.

I'm sure the DVDs/BDs for this season will have plenty of fixes/improvements, like Shaft always does.

Admittedly this first episode of the new season hasn't been their most ambitious art-wise, but I think that when we're a single episode in it's a bit early to call it, especially since this is gonna be longer than the other seasons.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Shaft has trouble keeping their production schedules straight with 13 episode shows, and since this season is twice as long I'm not surprised that they're putting in several recaps. I guess at this rate we'll be seeing one recap after each arc?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

They have confirmed that they're giving the Nekomonogatari Black treatment to the Kanbaru arc, so that's something to look forward to.

Granted, it was originally gonna be in this season but production issues forced them to do the recaps to buy time/save money.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I think there are only a few more books left and then the series will be over?

It sounds like anime-wise, to cover everything we'll be getting another tv special, a movie, and presumably another season.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Fairly sure that Crunchyroll had the same subs as the Daisuki streams anyways.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gravefront posted:

Goddamn it, Shinbo

I guess a 3 month delay isn't so bad, we still know when it's coming out.

Unlike, uh, Kizu. Which was announced around the same time as Nise. I really want to know what's up with that.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I am digging the tv special approach to -monogatari instead of having full seasons so I'm pretty excited and I'm sure if forums friend Richard Spacious CPA were here to post about it he'd be excited too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Un-ironically?

It'd be insanely hosed up for someone to troll about enjoying the gataris.

• Locked thread