Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
You forgot the best one.

About the show itself, I wish the characters had something to talk about in Araragi's absence that wasn't just Araragi himself. But then again I want him to come back too, so I'd probably be guilty of that too. At least there's a developing friendship between them without Araragi involved which is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
It's been a long time coming for this, you can't have a cat in anime and not pet its head.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
That was a really good episode.

I forgot how cool Oshino was, and that line about Araragi still ending up with Senjougahara in this route was neat too. Shinobu cementing that friendship/bond with Araragi and more headpatting, and Hachikuji picking up some Araragi mannerisms. But mostly hearing that "kaka~" laugh again, that was probably the best.

This show owns when the characters aren't suffering through some existential conflict or the struggles of coming from a broken home.

:unsmith:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
She had a short conversation with Araragi just before Hachikuji's arc started. She's the one who told him about traffic signals and all that stuff about time, which later related to Hachikuji being hit by a car and also the time traveling.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
No wonder Sengoku resents Shinobu. Not only does she vie for Shinobu's role as Araragi's sidekick/little sister character but she's also the only person to totally dress her down like that. Well the only one she's met thus far.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
You're wrong for thinking that, it was undoubtedly the best part.

Someone here mentioned Binbougami Ga which I think is both hilarious and a good display of Hanazawa's range, also she's a loving nut. Her bit this episode reminded me of her character in this show.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Bathtub scene was one of the more fluidly animated scenes in that season, but between all the suggestive shots from Sengoku, Kanbaru, and his sisters it didn't really come off as sexually charged. Plus it's the first time Shinobu talks and that's only led to fun conversations.

Lewd shots and harem poo poo aside, I like that the characters aren't just vapid caricatures and are all reasonably smart or fun to listen to (barring Sengoku before this season). Also sick :iceburn: from Senjougahara there, I totally agree.

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 17, 2013

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I don't remember where I read this, I know it wasn't in the anime but I do recall Araragi saying he has the most fun when he's with Hachikuji. I can totally see it too, his conversations with her are probably the most outlandish, it's like with Kanbaru only Hachikuji isn't a huge pervert. Hachikuji is probably the one who best manages to keep up with him in terms of wit and jokes etc.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
No wonder she couldn't sleep, Araragi's shadow kept getting stomped on.

Also,

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Hanekawa's from this season was really good, but I think my favorite is Platinum Disco if only for how catchy it is. Staple Stable is good too. Sengoku's this season was cool in that it's basically Renai Circulation in reverse, the actual OP I mean, not necessarily the song.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
drat, reviving your only companion only for him to denounce you and kill himself in glorious fashion.

edit: This got me curious about what Araragi mentioned, apparently he also flew into the sun? I take it that's from Kizu?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Pour one out for our favorite apparition/ghost/snail/little girl. :japan:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I had no idea what the gently caress she was doing walking like that. Then you see she's on Ononoki's shoulders. :unsmith:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Kaiki's notes are great.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
It's the same style sketch used here when it shows Araragi's encounter with a young Hanekawa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMa5e1R4DmI

I'm not sure if I've seen them in any other scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Sindai posted:

Hanekawa's hair is so :krad: I can hardly stand it.

Yeah I'd forgotten all about that.

It's nice to see her totally own this oddity thing. I swear to Cat is the coolest loving line.

• Locked thread