Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Well, Kaiki is a lot more entertaining than I remember. I guess all it took was a whole episode of relentlessly trolling for no good reason.

But what is it about Suruga, or more likely Gaen, that draws him to take a risky and time-consuming job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
I'm not entirely sure how to square that into the suggestion in Nadeko Medusa that she never really loved Araragi, but just used him as a convenient shield to avoid emotional investment. And when she was a snake god, she wasn't particularly angry towards him or anything; it was just part of her role that she kill off Araragi and Senjougahara. It felt more like the resolution of that arc was about her taking possession of her own life instead of running away from it by way of a forced unrequited love.

Nisio Isin has always been good at taking what looks like a normal reaction to a situation and twisting it into something unnatural. I still think it's an interesting way to look at everything, but I have to agree that when you apply it to an abused child, it starts to look a lot like victim blaming, which is a little concerning. So I just take it all with a grain of salt.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Wasn't that put forward by Kaiki (e.g., the greatest manipulator in the Nisio-verse)?

I don't actually remember, but I thought the fake snake god already hinted in that direction. It doesn't feel like something Kaiki just pulled out of his rear end, anyway.

• Locked thread