Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

appletonoutcast posted:

It turns out there was actually an explanation about this that was supposed to occur during Tsukihi Phoenix, but was apparently cut from the anime. Here's a link and a brief summary.

http://cetranslation.blogspot.com/2012/03/nisemonogatari-snippet-of-chapter-005.html

Ugh, that part of the chapter made me realized why I love this series so much. Character development and relationship aiding that sort of development. It helps that Araragi can overanalyze this sort of character development with his understanding.

But that snippet is pretty crucial to understanding how much emotion and care Senjougahara has for Hanekawa in this episode. I appreciate her more after reading that because her tsun humor has evolved to this crude humor that puts Hanekawa into awkward situations. I would love to see Senjougahara's interactions with Araragi more considering her change after conquering her psychological problem.

Pistol Packin Poet fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Goddamn, finally caught up and they gave so much character and life to Hanekawa. Pretty great season so far for Monogatari. Can't wait to watch the next episode. Man, I love this series.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Coughing Hobo posted:

First half of the new episode (11) was so loving dull. I don't find Sengoku an engaging character at all.

Then Shinobu uppercuts Araragi and the episode's redeemed.

I had the same reactions. Shinobu's part might be the best part in the series IMO. She's probably my favorite character of all time. So :smug:

Coughing Hobo posted:

The first half of this episode is great, but the second half is PURE GOLD

Seriously. I thought I was gonna hate this arc, but all the episodes so far are so good. Basically that only time Araragi was in that episode I yelled, "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" I love this goddamn series

Pistol Packin Poet fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 6, 2013

• Locked thread