Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

To continue on the Deep Metanarrative track of thought on how the actual physical tiger isn't at all important, poo poo, the metaphorical tiger isn't that important either.

If you were to take a knife to the story and slice out all the supernatural bits, the last episode would've been about Hanekawa heading out to Senjougahara's to finally talk things through with her friend and rival in love – it's important to note that although they both casually acknowledge that they have feelings for Araragi, they haven't actually talked about how that affects their friendship. On the way, she struggles with herself and is on the verge of turning back, when out of the blue she runs into Araragi. Boom, suddenly all the painful emotions she's been struggling this far simply up and vanish, simply because this sweet guy read the letter she left on his desk and decided to come support her. Araragi doesn't have to do anything more than show up for her envy and pain to drain away, and now she, still determined to solve the situation, can tackle the actual root of the problem and confess to Araragi.

What I'm saying is, the series is a shoujo manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

That's my favourite video on the Internet tonight.

As for Nisio's comments on Nise, well. The thing is, most of the few light novels I've ever found translated have had similar after-words. Light novels are not exactly the pinnacle of literature (they're often published serialized in magazines) and I've understood it's kind of poor form to show too much pride in one's work. So, many authors will add something to the effect of "thanks for reading my rambling turd of a novel" to the end of a book to keep up appearances, even if the novel turned out a bestseller.

Still, judging by the anime, Nise certainly did come off as something that was never actually meant to be published. So maybe this time Nisio was telling the truth!

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

:argh:Nisiooooooooooo:argh: you no good son of a bitch.
Thanks. You made me finally look poo poo up and get my timeline straight. I'm so jealous of people who have the books, it's so much easier to cross-reference poo poo. This is all kind of silly if you're not like me and actually pay attention to dates, but anyhow.

Onimonogatari began August 21st and ended presumably a few days later. Ougi meets Nadeko on October 30th - two whole months after Hachikuji passed away. (Has she been looking for Hachikuji for two whole months?)

The epilogue for Oni is set four months after, which places it somewhere in late February or early March December, Jesus Christ. :cripes:

Koimonogatari is going to be interesting.

Nate RFB posted:

With Suruga Devil being an OVA like Neko Black. I think that was what Araragi was doing during Tsubasa Tiger, but I could be wrong because the timeline jumps are starting to get to me too.
It definitely is. Neko Black and Oni overlap: Hanekawa runs into Hachikuji searching for her backpack in the beginning of Neko White, and Black Hanekawa runs into a disconnected Shinobu somewhere in the middle. Hanekawa also hears about Araragi tag-teaming with Kanbaru on some unknown mission during the arc. It all fits.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 17, 2013

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

So I'm a dumb and can't months. :cripes:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

And the few that have been translated are translated like poo poo. Which isn't exactly surprising, considering the very special relationship Nisio has with the Japanese language and the fact that most translators in general have more enthusiasm than skill, but it's still aggravating. I will rather wait an eternity for Shaft to poop out Kizumonogatari than pick up the awful, awful fanlation that's floating in the net like a Mars bar in a swimming pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

According to the trailer tailing Nadeko Snake (:downsrim:) the showdown is due March, when the Scooby Gang graduates.

In other words, I have no idea.

• Locked thread