Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i300
Dec 30, 2012

There's something wrong with a 14-year old girl talking about all this sperm...
I really enjoyed this episode. They skipped the bullshit in the first part and got right to setting up the plot. Looks like this takes place at the same time and Araragi and Hajikuji having their little adventure. I'm loving the interactions and relationship between Senjougahara and Hanekawa. Senjougahara is really showing a side of herself that she hasn't shown before. I'm surprised about how little of the shower scene they show. Hopefully the "fanservice" knob is turned down after Nise.

i300 fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Popehoist posted:

Hopefully this series will be less creepy and feature much less sexual assault/harassment against underage girls.

Araragi's sexual assult on Hajikuji was more of a strange joke than actual sexual harrasment.

As for the fanservice, I think it's something we're just going to have to deal with, like in Nise. Hopefully it won't get as bad as the teeth brushing scene. That was just off the charts creepy.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

I think they'll have room to include Araragi's monologue later in the season. I think he'll mention it as he texts Hanekawa and Senjougahara, which I think we'll get to see at some point. It seems like a really important thing to include at some point. Even though the anime does put a lot of focus onto the fanservice, the story is actually interesting and it seems the staff do care about making the anime pretty accurate to the books (I've not actually read any of the books, though). If they don't include it, I believe they'll showcase the specific ways that Senjougahara has changed in some other way. I don't think we can just infer all of that from her clothing. It seems that this arc is going to be way more about Senjougahara and Hanekawa than just Hanekawa herself.

i300 fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 9, 2013

i300
Dec 30, 2012

This Tiger is pretty interesting. He seems to overpower Black Hanekawa by a long shot. Without Araragi around, I have no clue how they're gonna get rid of this guy.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Taser Gator posted:

I remembered this post while watching ep2 and had a good laugh. Supposedly Nisemonogatari is the peak of perversion for the whole series though so nothing to worry about.

Yeah, the episode started and then straight into the shower scene. I don't mind the fan service most of the time. The only time I've skipped over it was the teeth brushing, which was a whole loving episode of creepy.

Coughing Hobo posted:

I'm enjoying the (not-so) subtle reveal that Senjougahara is just as much of a creeper as Araragi.

I'm really enjoying the exposition Senjougahara's character. The part where she questions Hanekawa about her food preferences was really clever. All of her interactions with Hanekawa as of late are interesting. Even the shower scene, though it is pretty unnecessary, showed how much she has changed after resolving things in Nise.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

This episode definitely wasn't as interesting as the last, until the end. I'm not sure what the Tiger is trying to accomplish by burning down these places, but I feel it has more to do with Araragi than we know about. It's pretty interesting that only Hanekawa can see the Tiger.

The other thing I thought was interesting was the dialog between Shinobu and Black Hanekawa. Senjōgahara mentioned that Hanekawa was too white, and then Shinobu basically confirmed that with the cat oddity inside Hanekawa, she is split into two different people. It's odd that the cat oddity has essentially become human, and it seems like they might focus on that a bit more. It's like a weird Jekyll and Hyde duality. I probably should've picked up on this earlier.

i300 fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 21, 2013

i300
Dec 30, 2012

darkgray posted:

omg omg omg ogm omg omg omgo mgom gomgomg omgo mgom g
http://mora.jp/special/monogatari-series/?fmid=TOPMAINV01#pos5
says Kizu is coming this fall!

(+6-12 months for the BD wait, I guess)

This is pretty exciting! Looks like they've actually been working on it after all.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Wow. That was a really great finale. If the amount of black/white/red/purple/brown frames was due to them needing more time for all that, I'm satisfied.

But drat, look at Araragi! :allears: I can't wait to find out how he got his poo poo together.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Coughing Hobo posted:

That world travel montage was some movie-quality poo poo, goddamn :stare:

I'm hoping that the quality of this episode doesn't have an impact on the animation of the rest of the season. Hopefully Shaft know how to spend their money well.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Zeratanis posted:

After seeing the recap for Nekomonogatari in the newest episode, I went and watched it and man...it was pretty drat good. The animators sure know how to make a catgirl kinda freaky though. :stare:

Kind of unfortunate the next episode seems to be another recap episode, but hey it looks to be about Senjyogahara so I'm okay with that. v:shobon:v

If I'm not mistaken, the next episode (Airing on August 17 in Japan) is the start of the next arc. I guess we'll find out soon.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

That Ougi girl seems like shes going to be pretty interesting, whenever she shows up again. I can't get enough of Shinobu. What a crazy little girl.

Yeah, they've hosed up big time. Time traveling 11 years in the past is a very bad thing. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

i300 fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 17, 2013

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Starting off the arc strong with a good 'ol head tilt.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Araragi, you are one creepy fucker. That was a pretty good episode. poo poo has hit the fan. This was the best part of the episode, though.

i300 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 24, 2013

i300
Dec 30, 2012

bubblegumbo0 posted:

So far the OP songs haven't been as good as the previous two seasons, that's my only complaint for an otherwise great season so far.

I don't really like this arc's opening, but I thought the last one was pretty decent. I enjoyed the animation a lot and the song was ok.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Cliffhangers, cliffhangers. These are so brutal.

Zombies. I would say I was surprised, but I had Googled what "Jiangshi" meant when the season was announced. Still, this is interesting. Since the arc is about Hachikuji, maybe she'll miraculously be the one who survived. I don't think Araragi could handle a non-child Hachikuji.

Also, the best part of the episode, Kimono Shinobu.

i300 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 31, 2013

i300
Dec 30, 2012

That was a wonderful episode. I'm really surprised that Araragi reacted the way he did to seeing adult Hachikuji. I guess that is the end of the arc, or is there more? It did say "Continued in the next episode" at the end.

darkgray posted:

Yep, best show.

Ep 10: Nice to see her all grown up. Bit sad that they had to cut so much, though.

What happens differently in the book?

i300
Dec 30, 2012

darkgray posted:

However, in the timeline, things happen in this order:
Kabuki (August)
Kabuki && Neko Shiro
Oni && Neko Shiro
Neko Shiro
[2 month gap]
Otori (November)
[2 month gap]
Koi (January)
[2 month gap]
Hana (April)

Ah, this clears up some stuff. I can see why they decided to delay Hana. If that means more budget and better+longer arcs, I'm A-OK wth that.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

FiftySeven posted:

:sigh: This. When the hell are they going to get around to releasing that drat film?

I thought there was word floating around about a fall release. Was that just some dumb rumor?

i300
Dec 30, 2012

A recap episode of the events of Bakemonogatari. Ok. I can't imagine someone watching the second season with no knowledge of Bake, that would be really confusing. It seems we'll get a recap of Nise at some point as well. Lame.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Well that was one way to start off an arc. It looks like this is going to be another good one.

Also, Ougi is the best. Everything she says is just wonderful.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

OWLS! posted:

Wait this wasn't obvious back in Nise? Because I'm fairly sure that Senjougahara went bdsm on him and all that at the beginning.

I'd say that, by the end of Nise, we understood completely who Senjougahara is and how she acts. There was a little bit more development in the beginning of Tsubasa Tiger, but that's really it. I'm sure we'll get more development in her arc, which I think is next (I think). They cut out Hana, so Koi comes after that (right?) after the next one.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

The Vampire Punch was amazing. Sengoku is pretty boring. I love the Snake, though. He's one of the few apparitions with interesting and funny personalities. "Where can I find the corpse?" "I dunno." Of course, everything Shinobu says is wonderful. And then the scene where Araragi is making excuses to get Sengoku to sleep over. What a guy.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

That was wonderful. It's been said already, but that was an amazing performance by Hanazawa. I really like seeing that side of Nadeko. It proves that she isn't the dumb, boring, flat Nadeko we knew. poo poo is starting to pick up and I love it. Can't wait for next week.

Most importantly, this episode makes me question Araragi's relationships with his sisters more than ever.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

What the gently caress.

That was something. I'm pretty sure thats the end of this arc, but jeez I really don't want any of that to happen. Nadeko as a god is the worst possible "resolution" to this, and everyone dying doesn't seem too far-fetched (though there are books after second season, so I doubt Araragi and Shinobu will die). Tears will be shed if Senjou dies.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

That's a clever trick of the unreliably narrator, she recounts the events in a sympathetic light, but really she's been lying to herself and the audience.

And just who are you, Oshino Ougi, and why are you instigating aberrations everywhere?

(I like gg's term aberration over commie's oddity and daisuki's apparition).

Oh yeah, Ougi. Ougi is really interesting and crazy. She's starting poo poo, and I don't like it. I feel like her job isn't done yet, and theres no way that a timeskip is going to happen (it said "No timeskip. Sorry"). In the "preview," Shinobu looked pretty grown up. I'd imagine that they're really going to wait half a year and she'll age for some reason.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder. I should've been able to infer that from her normal state to how she is now. It seems poo poo is going to be going down, as expected.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

FiftySeven posted:

That was absolutely fantastic. I spent most of that episode being amazed at exactly just how crazy Nadeko actually is. She's extra strength crazy! Ultra crazy! Platinum crazy!

What I am unclear on however, is what comes next? Will it continue next episode? Or is this a season finale sort of thing. I could see it being fantastic as a finale but I really want to know what happens here.

As far as I am aware of, this is the end of the Nadeko Medusa arc. New arc starts next week, unless there is another recap. What happened in the epilogue was a trailer for the final arc of the season, which is not until after this upcoming arc.

i300 fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Oct 14, 2013

i300
Dec 30, 2012

The bathtub scene, for me, felt like one of the most important and interesting moments of Nise. Shinobu became a character to me at that point, and she only got better from there out. Looking back on it, the tooth-brushing scene is pretty hosed up. But the first time I watched it, I think my jaw was on the loving floor. It was hilarious and definitely not made for fan service, but to illustrate Araragi's hosed up relationship with his sisters (and how truly hosed up Araragi is). The sheer "what the gently caress" factor just makes it funny. A similar scene happens in Tsukihi Phoenix, when Araragi just rips off Tsukihi's clothes and pushes her to the floor, right after he finished talking about how he's a "honest and reliable brother." It's loving hilarious.

i300 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 18, 2013

i300
Dec 30, 2012

The Neko: Shiro Blu-Ray is out, and with it comes the full version of Chocolate Insomnia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXge23xevDQ

I think it's pretty good. Not my favorite opening of the season, but definitely a highlight.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

That was pretty good. I agree that it's great to have Araragi back in the driver's seat. It's been a long while.

I really loved that the old school was just desks now. The transformation was finally completed. I loved the colors in the scenes in the school. The animation and style was really different, and made the episode really feel fresh.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

It's between Delusion Express and Perfect Slumbers for my favorite. Perfect Slumbers feels really different from most OPs. It's less of a standard JPOP song and instead more mellow and calm. It's so separate from the other OPs. Delusion Express also feels different in a way, but I can't put my finger on it. Both are pretty great.

Both of Senjougahara's OPs (Staple Stable & Futakotome), and Chocolate Insomnia are also pretty good.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, that was insane. I can't imagine how much time it took to draw all of that. I haven't read Kizu, so I'm probably missing a lot. It really sucks. I hope SHAFT get their act together and get it out in the spring.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

"Sorry, I bit your tongue" :smith:

That was one of the best Monogatari episodes ever. It's sad to see Hachikuji go, but at least it ended on a good note. Now we have to deal with Ougi. I knew she'd be trouble, and boy does it look like shes loving trouble. I doubt we're going to bother with that yet. Let's not forget about Nadeko.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

I have no idea when things happened in monogatari but I'm under the impression that beyond some basic order stuff it largely doesn't matter.

As seen by the discussion above, it kind of does matter. I'd say that Nisio jumps around the timeline because he likes to mess with us.

I think it might be easier to understand when you read the books. I really wish I could read them all, but so little of them are translated.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

The image of Kaiki in a Hawaiian Shirt and Sunglasses talking with Senshougahara, who is wearing loving beaglepuss glasses, is hilarious. I never realized how great Kaiki is (probably because he has only been a villian so far). His narraration is entertaining and his soliloquy was great. This arc is off to an amazing start.

I doubt we'll get an OP though, considering the last one didn't have one either. Maybe they cut it to give more time to the show, which is cool. The ED is pretty good, though.

i300 fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 24, 2013

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Kaiki is the best. I will never tire of his narration.

I missed this in the last episode, but SHAFT pulled their ultimate head tilt.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Nadeko is either the playing Kaiki and has seen through the whole thing, or she is literally the worst god ever. I'm scared. I think everyone is being too confident, and I really don't want Senjougahara or Araragi getting hurt in the process.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

That felt really short.

What the hell was in Nadeko's closet!? Way to ignore the cliffhanger, SHAFT.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Yup.

Welp, we all knew this wouldn't work. The next episode is going to be something alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Theres one person who's been the problem this season. One person who's caused a poo poo ton of trouble, especially to Nadeko. Ougi. Who the gently caress is Ougi anyways!? We know now that she isn't related to Oshino in any way, which raises even more suspicion on her. Instead of pinning the blame on poor little Ononoki, I'd happy say that Ougi's trickery might be at play here.

• Locked thread