Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

darkgray posted:

This is somewhat old, but I hadn't seen it until today, and I've already stared through it in awed silence twice, so I may as well infect you as well.
*Awesomeness*

Weird how editing can change a show.
That AMV actually is the reason I got into Bakemonogatari in the first place. And worshipped it ever since.

As for the Tsugimonogatari, the ride will never truly end. This is a full-blown sequel in the works! Same universe, same Kaii, same wordplay. New cast and plot. And this is why I believe so:

quote:

I suspect that he is doing this because the author already has a fetish for worlds were metaphors become real. And that now that he built an entire universe that suits his writing style and prefernce for puns, he would rather not abandon it to start again from scratch.

In short, there are practical reasons to stay in the same universe. But there doesn't need to be recurring characters... except the adult characters are probably going to cameo. Maybe now we will see Meme starting again in a new town?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

darkgray posted:

I literally have no space for any more of his goddamn novels. I already have 38 on my shelf. ;_;
Wait a minute! Have you obtained Zokuowari (the last most recent book) yet? The summaries I've gotten so far are unclear!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

darkgray posted:

No, it was sent ~10 days ago. Also ordered the Toradora author's new novel earlier, which has supposedly been in transit for 4½ weeks now. Starting to worry it'll never get here. Stupid cheap shipping alternatives. :(

Edit: Of course the old package arrives literally the minute after I post this.
Lemme know when you've finished reading - I've heard reports that it involves a mirror world and an unclear ending. (That is NOT the actual end.)

Followed by a sequel teaser.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I still don't understand why Gahara of all people had a little meltdown in the first episode of Second Season...

EDIT: Nevermind, looked it up and found out. Ugh. Still freaked the hell out of ME that the best Kuudere ever had broken down. Also the season neglected to have an Araragi-Hitagi interaction so we deserving fans could not see how she's changed (besides more antics). Whoop-dee loving-doooo.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 14, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh wait a minute that breakdown WAS A RUSE! After all these months my faith has been restored! :swoon:

Einander posted:

I dunno. That incident at the start struck me as the first time she was that worried about anyone, because part of the point of Hanekawa's abnormality (as a person, not as an oddity, though I guess the two are basically the same) was that she 1) could do just about anything if she wanted to and 2) she didn't think like normal people do...

...(Also because, on some level, I think she processed that freaking the hell out, and showing it, was one of the ways she could actually get through to Hanekawa. She is absurdly competent.)

Edit: Plus, some of the stuff after that in early Neko White comes off as her being kind of insecure about herself compared to the competition and doing her best to overcome it through seizing the initiative and keeping control of the situation. The shower thing, for instance. Hanekawa's just not very good at noticing.

Also yeah, it's safe to say that the main plot resolved itself with Owari. Now it's onward to Tsugi and beyond!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

yes im always prepared to talk about monogatari

Edit: Aw screw it. It's not worth it being trolled by you.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 14, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

ummmm no. i literally answered your question right on this page and gave you a link to help you form your own thoughts on the matter of Hitagi's character development that lead to her "out of character" freakout during the first episode of monogatari second season
I think she planned such a reaction to get to Hanekawa, and was able to do so after going full dere. In other words, a mix of Einhander's opinion and yours.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What does it say?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder when we should expect a release? Next Summer or Fall perhaps?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:pusheen:

HOLY poo poo THAT'S IN TWO MONTHS TIME!!!

All Aboard the HYPE TRAINS!!!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

We have a trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaB69GZfXcI

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Just three more weeks till Tsukimonogatari starts streaming! Is anyone else here excited?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Srice posted:

I am digging the tv special approach to -monogatari instead of having full seasons so I'm pretty excited and I'm sure if forums friend Richard Spacious CPA were here to post about it he'd be excited too.
Un-ironically?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Namtab posted:

Without snail girl can we really call it monogatari?
Senjougahara was always the best girl. And shall continue to be.

We'll be seeing her again in ten days time.

*Fangasms into unconciousness*

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Arigato~ Daisuki! Five more days!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Now where can I find those goody good subs?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Suddenly the series became glorious again.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Clarste posted:

The point though is that she wasn't possessed. She never was. The talisman gave her power, but the story wouldn't have been any different if it were just a gun or something. She was honest-to-god crazy and imagined herself talking to a giant snake. A giant snake that never existed in any form whatsoever. I assume you don't do that.
What was scarier was the fact that this talisman apparently made her invincible in combat against Vampires or anyone else because she was a 'goddess'. And that she would kill everyone Koyomi had ever known or loved. I would've given the bitch a horrifying slow death if I were Shinbo.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Owarimonogatari is coming out this fall!

Get ready.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

darkgray posted:

Holy motherfucking poo poo: http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0074911

They're turning Nishio's newest series about Okitegami Kyouko into a live-action TV drama in October.
And hopefully animated by SHAFT after Kizufinally?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

We're going to need a new thread for the final season when it comes out in October...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

darkgray posted:

The official twitter account has confirmed that Orokamonogatari is coming out Oct 6th.
The ride truly never ends! :pcgaming:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 22, 2015

• Locked thread