Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I've continued to read Genshiken TNG but I have to say, the INTENSE (it's pretty intense) focus on Hato is weird to me. The first incarnation of the book did a pretty decent job of balancing things out with the entire cast,from Ohno and her stupid terribleness, Saki gradually learning that not all otaku should die in a fire, Madarame learning to act more like a human being, and then the Ogi/Sasahara romance wrapping it up. Conversely, Nidaime has pretty squarely been focused around Hato--even the biggest secondary thread, Madarame's questionable time of adjusting to normal life and unexpected romantic prospects, is interwoven tightly with the Hato stuff for obvious reasons. It definitely FEELS like a different book, one built around a main character instead of an ensemble cast.

I still think it's a good read, but it definitely feels more like "Hato Kenjirou and the Genshiken" instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Amstrad posted:

For anyone who hasn't been reading Spotted Flower I suggest checking out the latest chapter as it features a couple familiar looking faces.

Well, I want this to be canon now. Looks like Yajima got in on some of that DDP yoga, or the Japanese equivalent thereof

• Locked thread