Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

The new achievements don't to appear in the Steam list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Trip report: A.i will not only hatetrain warmongers, but will declare war on them proactively. I got 3 wardecs at a time and from far away, and since there were more than 2 i don't think it involved bribing. Hopefully this will lessen runaways.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 9, 2013

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I got the warmonger status for taking a city in a Defensive war WTF.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

uPen posted:

You would have gotten 2 if you were a warmonger who declared a war.

2 what?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Libertytakers: How do you get more than 4 cities by the time the A.I. starts filling stuff up? I can never seem to manage that even ignoring the diplomacy and happiness costs.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does the grand mesa count as a mountain?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Why is it that some civilizations call you a warmonger and some don't regardless of warmonger tolerance?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 29, 2013

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Where is the great painting music in the files?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It seems kind of crazy to me that someone could play the game for 1000 hours and not move beyond King difficulty. It's like the Easy Mode of Civ V. I mean, I guess whatever floats your boat, it's probably appealing to be able to have a completely open sandbox to do whatever the hell you want with no real competition.

From what I keep hearing about Emperor+ it's more about gaming the system than using the mechanics naturally or flavorfully.

Notably it only makes things easier for the a.i. not harder for you.

If I'm not regularly ahead of the tech dates by ~100 years I'm not moving up.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 27, 2013

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Bummer. I was holding out for a Swiss DLC civ that would have a special bank and mercenary mechanic.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

This start is either terrible or awesome and I'm not really sure

Also, Penis continent

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I've heard the ai bonuses were changed with bNW. Does anyone know anything about that?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is a good liberty build order?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Wouldn't I prioritize farms with an early worker?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

SirKibbles posted:

You know the warmonger penalty is larger based on how many cities your opponent has right?

How does that work?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Statue of Zeus is pretty much a must-have if you're going for domination. That 15% bonus against cities is pretty powerful.

I'd rather have Terracotta. Either you have the power to take a city or you don't.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Platystemon posted:

I have to say, Indonesia is highly underrated. I can settle three cities that negate their own unhappiness and give a down payment on the next settler? Nice.

The Candi is pretty great, too. Being able to build a garden anywhere would be good enough on its own, but it also happens to provide more faith than a shrine + temple in a building I was going to build anyway. It’s pretty broken if you can snag Peace Gardens for 2 happiness.

Yeah, swordsman of all types blow, and the Kris Swordsman is no exception, but Indonesia is still great even with that anvil dragging it down.

Are you regularly able to get land on new continents on the continents maptype?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Can anyone find the reddit thread that looked at the warmonger factors file and analyzed it?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does the community have a good grasp of just how warmongering works yet?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do we know what the actual, math effect of evangelism is?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How did you get the broken achievements?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Its been a long time since i've played and lost all my mad skills. What do i need to know about getting a good start and not rushed?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

If clash of Clans didn't exist I think they would look superb.

• Locked thread