Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
the art style makes me think of Civ: Revolution for some reason, and it may not have been my choice, but it's still pretty and I'm hype for new Civilization considering all the hours I sunk into V.
Though I'm kind of bummed I'll inevitably have to wait like three years and two expansions to see the fullest of the fullest visions. Not that Civ V ever felt incomplete for me, the vanilla was good when it was out, then G+K was good, then BNW was good, like you were content with them when they existed but then the next step would be a whole new world basically...so I almost want to just wait and get the ULTIMATE CIV VI COLLECTION in X years.
I know I won't be able to though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

German Joey posted:

To me, that's a big plus in unit-stacking's column. The Civ4 AI might still have been totally incompetent in war, but it, like... still did something? You still had to deal with those units somehow, and still had to take some losses to kill them.

The Civ4 AI was like a clumsy, blindfolded buffoon trying to swing a big steel broadsword at you, as opposed to the Civ5 AI, which was like as if you tried duct-taping the broadsword into the hand of a real doll.
I get this experience in Civ V from playing against five or six Hitlers. But that's mods obv

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Popular Thug Drink posted:

after a while you're just like "gently caress it, i raise. call my bluff"

after a while you're just like "Hitler hitler, hitler hitler. Hitler hitler hitler"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Hitler is useful for Five Hitlers Mode

The only acceptable death match

Given how lacking and weak willed the AI can be it's at least nice to have a sore loser who always goes down swinging

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SkySteak posted:

I think you played to the end of the universe.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's funny, I like expanding like a madman, once you get over the "hump" of happiness with some faith purchased buildings of your choice (or just making sure you settle on the new luxes or immediately work them) and your 14 or w/e cities really start chugging the momentum is unstoppable
Like I'll build a city even where there isn't a lux if it controls a major strait or creates an obvious luring killzone for a neighbor I'm wary of
Sticking to four cities for a long part of a Civ game doesn't sound fun at all. My enemies are land hungry and I'm even hungrier. Can't let them get all the future uranium and future oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
hah, I wanted to avoid the YOU HAVE DECLARED WAR ON A CIVILIZATION YOU DECLARED FRIENDSHIP WITH PENALTY but I wanted to attack this Civ so as to cut off some unwise bribe deals that I'd previously made to get it to declare war on this other Civ
so I bribed it into declaring war on another Civ I was friends with that I had a defensive pact with, thereby canceling all present and previous bribe deals and bringing me to war with the Civ I wanted to be at war with

but I still got the penalty :downs: they shot first!

Also I don't know if it's because I run a super modded game or if it's an update tweak but my previous easy mode strategy of constantly declaring war on Civs in exchange for danegeld seems to no longer work. This does make the game slightly more interesting if not challenging, all the Civs I'm at war with lately seem to deny the old "X gold per turn" or luxury deals and mostly throw their cities at you. Now I have more fun taking shitloads cities from Civs and then chucking them at other civs to wreak havoc, inter-Civ animosity, and enough unhappiness for perpetual revolution loops. It's hard for an AI civ to turn down a free-ish city. Meanwhile you're redrawing borders in the weirdest ways, making litle enclaves of Civs inside of Civs around the world.

• Locked thread