Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
e: Scout ^^

I really don't care if I wait until noon tomorrow or whatever for my GMG key, but I do echo the sentiment that it just being blank where it should say the release date caused me a little concern.

What I mean to say is that if I don't receive my key within 20 seconds I'm filing a class action lawsuit against GMG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I think it just does that if it's on the release day but they haven't sent the key out yet.

Hopefully we'll get our keys some time in the next 12 hours or so.

It's been that way since I ordered it about three days ago, but I'm really not that concerned. The amount of people using them makes me feel pretty okay that they're not some fly-by-night company who's going to take my money and act like they never got my order or something.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

jtm33 posted:

I don't really care much about having to wait a while for my key from GMG but it makes me wonder what the hell is the point in pre-ordering if you don't get the game as soon as it is released. I was under the impression that getting it the moment it was released is THE point of pre-ordering.

Well in my case I got it for $20 rather than paying $30 at release, that was my primary motivation. GMG promos and whatnot.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Necroneocon posted:

I agree. It's also weird to see people here (and the other forums) sticking up for businesses/corporations instead of other people and customers like themselves. People on those forums are upset and annoyed and are just letting out their frustration.

No wonder America made Corporations "people".

I'm not really gonna go into the massive logical leap you took there, but basically saying "Hey waiting 6 hours or so to get your game really isn't a big deal" isn't anywhere near saying "Corporations are people, my friends, and shame on you for speaking against glorious Corporation. Ich liebe Capitalism"

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Necroneocon posted:

It's not a logic leap and I don't really care when I get my key personally as i'm doing work, but you took a huge leap yourself when you made that post. All i'm saying is people make fun of annoyed customers all the time but never the businesses or corporations, nor do they blame them. :shrug: In a normal world people would be saying GMG, Amazon and Gamersgate are pretty lame for not sending the keys on time but no one is saying that. It's just "lol look at these posts on these forums."

Corporations take a lot of (entirely justified) heat from Americans literally all the time. Maybe not in the context of this specific release of a videogame, but I'd say businesses get more flak than "those wacky customers" ever do. Some poor bastard at the Better Business Bureau probably has to sort through reams and reams every day, and that's just people who specifically went out of their way to actually lodge a formal complaint.

Anyway Civ 5 everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

I really wish the City-State mechanics worked differently. Maybe only be able to send money in those two conditions where they're either bankrupt or doing a public works project. It's way too loving easy (most of the time) to just bribe them all to your side.

That's a great idea and seems like it'd be easy to mod (but then, I know nothing about modding).

As it stands, Diplo really is a simple matter of "get the most money ASAP, then park dump trucks full of money everywhere".

I also think that once a city-state has an Alliance, it should be more difficult for other Civs to gain influence.

• Locked thread