Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I like that GMG doesn't allow me to get my steam key yet...wait...................

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Saw this on the GMG forum:
You will receive your key on the day of release or a short time before which is usually from an hour or two to a day or so in many cases, as there is currently no pre load for this game this is probably why you have not yet received your key but do check your games tab and your email, if you have any concerns you can of course send in a Support Ticket here: https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/entries/23363853-How-to-submit-a-support-request

Now I know to never use GMG to preorder anything, really expected I would be getting my key on time. Not sure why I expected that as I never ordered from them like this before but eh. now I know

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

ukle posted:

GMG are based in the UK, so wait. Its only 05:20 here, give them time to wake up :P

No. People paid, assuming quite a few people, to preorder. We trusted we would have keys like everyone else. Wake up and give the keys than go back to sleep. Lazy UK people.....thinking our time zone over here means less than yours. IT DOESN'T!!!!

edit: I feel like I should point out that I am not that upset. Like really at all. I have to work soon, I was just hoping to start the download. Worse case I'll come home tomorrow, download and sleep.
Glad others get to start playing tonight and I hope its everything we all want

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

uPen posted:

Here's something I've never seen before, my culture naturally grabbing a 4th circle luxury over 3rd ring food sources, weird.

I so so soooo hope this is the case. I pretty much hated the way the cities expanded

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Speedball posted:

Well, that's what manual tile buying is for. If it really gets you all bent out of shape, adopt Tradition, your borders expand way faster and fill in better.

I'm aware of buying tiles and using Tradition. It is frustrating, in the early game, when I really want that luxury one tile away and it grabs the bananas in the jungle I can't get to yet via tech. Need that money for settlers not tiles!!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Alkydere posted:

So started my new game, playing as Arabia to buck the trend and let everyone else try out Venice first.

Good to know the world gen is still capable of spitting out gems like these. I know where my first settler is going.

Is it...with the sheep on the hill by the river? Or on the Desert between everything?

No seriously....even after hundred + hours I still don't always drop my first settler right and trust the AI where it tells me to drop future settlers. I am finally getting better at NOT doing that but still :(

Apparently no 3rd party site like GMG/whatever besides Steam has keys yet. Interesting

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I've read through most of this thread from when I took off for work. I am now downloading it and am STUPIDLY exciting. I got my double shots of fireball whiskey/coke next to me. Some buddies who will be on later tonight and looking forward to binging on some Civ while my lady works :)

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I started a map as someone....Polynesia? The people who can cross water instantly and was somehow on 1 city challenge.

Interesting to say the least but I have REALLY been enjoying the trade routes as it has kept me at +50 or more a gold a turn every turn since early on. It is extremely nice but I need to play as not a single city challenge to see how quickly I can get other cities up and running now that I can't sell all my delicious luxury goods

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Is there a site that has the updated civ bonus info?

as in this new civ has x

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I've been hit and miss with barbarians. Some maps I've been attacked by up to 4 at a time and other times just 1 like normal.

But the thing that I am not getting is Tourism. I am playing as Venice and I own 2 cities(including my cap) I have rushed for, and gotten, every thing that bumps up Tourism. I currently get +86 a turn but I don't know how the hell I'll catch up to some of the other peoples Culture. Is there a way I can screw up how much culture they get or something without going to war?
I've been making GBS threads out great people like crazy and making as many great works as I can fit but it seems like it will take me 100+ turns to win this way

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

neurobasalmedium posted:

Any change to the AI behavior or are they just as back stabby as before?

I've had little problem with the AI. If they were going to attack me I understood why and not just randomly backstabbed for the hell of it

I quite like the AI changes

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Missed he Special Olympics/Games what it is called that gives +100% tourism for 20 turns. gently caress YOU PUPPET CITY WHO DECIDED TO NOT WORK TOWARD IT!!!!

I "like" venice but am really starting to dislike the whole "have to puppet" thing for my extra cities. Seriously if for one more turn that puppet city worked on it I would have won it and now can't win via tourism because it will take too drat long even with hotels.

Also anyone noticing Research takes a lot longer or is it just because I am rocking 2 fully upgraded cities?
I still see some civs a touch spammy with getting cities out but now it makes more sense. They are basically building new settlers as soon as they get a new city. Thats why they are all low low cities but they are rocking 5-6 of them. Interesting not sure if would try that but I have gotten out something like 4 settlers by turn 100

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Best annoyance removal in BNW:

all settings from Set Up a Game are saved, so you can reroll much quicker.

Which is really important when I keep getting initial starts that have 2 resources of crap with nothing good around me and the opposing Civs have GREAT starting points

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Gato posted:

You know you can hit 'restart' on the first turn only and it'll reroll with the same settings, without going back to the main menu?

SOB I do now........

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I went Portugal to try and run for Tourism when I noticed that Russia to the South of me had a GREAT starting area and no defenses. Took that out with a few archers, a warrior and a scout. Meet up with Polynesia next and noticed to same thing. Juicy starting zone with so little army.
Now I'm rocking 2 opposing capitals, Polynesia is still alive with a 2nd small city I let them keep, and going great.
Sweden capital will fall next for sniping Wonders from me and not building up a army to stop my Composite bowmen horde.

Funny how quickly game plans can change but enjoyed managing to take out a civ while dropping a settler by turn 40 :pervert:

getting poo poo done this time!!

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 11, 2013

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Kanfy posted:

11 more hours for us non-Americans, shame it'll be past midnight by then.

At least it'll be Friday after.

It really is awesome. I almost always follow a sort of the same building way to start off with and I can actually wing it and do quite well with the expansion. It is seriously leaps and bounds above Gods & Kings.

Hell I have NEVER tried war that early before or rushing a early settler but hell its working in this match.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Due to my early push for units to take some Caps when I tried to start building Wonders I would get within 1 to 2 turns of completing it and BAM! Someone else completes it. Very frustrating but I'll get em. Oh I'll get them all.......

doh: Just realized I wrote monuments when I meant wonders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Poil posted:

drat it, why is the AI so cranky about so-called warmongering? How is it my fault if some rear end in a top hat settles in my face right next to my capital?

This is what pisses me off the most still. If I drop cities next to me they'll denounce me quickly and move for war and seemingly no one gives one poo poo
. If they do it to me and I denounce and try to go to war everyone hates me. WTF game?

• Locked thread