Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
So I'm trying to install some mods via the Steam Workshop... having an issue. I've trying to use mods that add techs + units (like Future Worlds or Enlightenment Era) and the starting unit is some crazy future tech unit. If I have just Enlightenment Era installed it'll be Line Infantry, or with Future Worlds it'll be Robotic Infantry. I played a couple turns and the barbarians are all replaced with future tech stuff too, and I seem to have just been given a few techs from way in the future as well. The tech tree is all messed up as well, most of the mod techs are not there but there are lines leading to where they should be.

I think it's on my end because any combo of mods results in the same thing happening but I dunno what I'm doing wrong. It's not a mod conflict because it happens even if I just have 1 mod running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Oh nice thanks! Hm so sounds like my system is having an issue with the .xml files then. I enabled logging and poked around, found this (among tons of other xml errors):

[176166.656] In XMLSerializer while updating table Technologies from file XML/FutureTechnologies.xml

So looks like your friend was right... The question is how do I fix that? Tried to google the error code but nada.

e: looks like it basically failed to get anything at all from the .xmls including buildings and policies and everything... Makes me think of permissions errors but I'm running it as admin.

\/\/\/ just tried that, didn't work

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 7, 2016

• Locked thread