Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I agree. Having lesser powers that you can pressure to tilt the game balance in your favour is a good idea on paper. It's not the same when there's 6 players and nothing else on the map. If they had more diplomatic ways of influencing city states rather than just killing barbs, making a road or getting resources, I think it would add a lot.

Personally, and I mentioned this in the Portugal LP, I think 'city-states' should actually be minor civilisations in their own right. Give them a distinct identity beyond just a name and a sound clip, at the very minimum. (If AI civilisations in general start as minors and which ones grow up to be big players changes from game to game, that'd do quite a bit to add flavour and depth both to the mechanic and to the game as a whole, IMO.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Civilization VI: I wish I was a little bit taller

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Nova88 posted:

I've updated the GoonPack with the 4/23 beta of the CBP.

https://mega.nz/#!dJ0ByKwb!Du41z5Qqw4n91o-_Un1Irf_x6-wlO7E8r-xcLgykLdE

There is a bug where the tech selection tree has a broken tech at the bottom called "TXT_KEY_2TECH_FORBIDDEN_TITLE" OR SOMETHING. I think it's caused by one of the custom civs but idk which one.

Is there a version of this that's compatible with the EUI?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I would like the idea if you could actually program your AI and pit it against competitor AIs, but as it is I just can't see the appeal - it's less like watching a cockfight and more like watching a bunch of demented seals flop about on a beach

There's actually an old DOS game where you write an AI for your tank and pit it against other tank AIs. My dad loves it, but he says that the main problem with it is that you can write an AI that can counter everything.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

The tooltip issues are largely a result of CBP adding traits that vanilla just doesn't have. They can't really summarize that stuff in the top portion of the UI, either, because they're trying to retain compatibility with EUI. Personally, I'd rather they just incorporated the EUI changes that are most beneficial and then just not work with EUI, instead of trying support both vanilla and EUI.

(While I'm casting nets for wishes, I wish they'd also take the 'fill a bin on a trigger' bonuses. They're hard to balance and don't feed into the UI so you can easily not account for them when planning.)

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Too bad Forgotten Realms is one of the shittiest main D&D settings (to play in). Otherwise this would be a pretty fun mod to try out. Kinda strange they didn't decide to tackle Eberron, which at least is sandboxy and has some cool things going for it.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Peas and Rice posted:

I'm surprised that exists and not some crazy-detailed Game of Thrones mod.

Funny you should say that...there is a GoT mod for Civ5. Also a collection of Middle-Earth mods, but they don't really change the game that much (additional civs, additional city-states, music for said civs, uhhh).

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

No, that's kinda a Civ5 thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Roylicious posted:

Oh nice thanks! Hm so sounds like my system is having an issue with the .xml files then. I enabled logging and poked around, found this (among tons of other xml errors):

[176166.656] In XMLSerializer while updating table Technologies from file XML/FutureTechnologies.xml

So looks like your friend was right... The question is how do I fix that? Tried to google the error code but nada.

You could tell Steam to verify the game cache, since that's probably where the issue's coming in.

• Locked thread