Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The city bit sounds like it can be interesting, but at the same time I've always found cities were far too large in Civ games, and making them grow over more tiles isn't going to help in that respect.

I'd like to go the other way around and have a city be just one tile; you want another tile you build another city. Would be kinda like provinces in a Paradox game I guess. Speaking of which, the attrition mechanism is a good answer to the issue of the DoomStack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Leaders with IGE use it to add in a river and a hill with marble. And then they get carried away adding one of every type of luxuries, and teleport all enemy settlers to tundra tiles entirely surrounded by ice.

Then they quit the game because it's boring. Perhaps installing IGE was a bad idea.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
what's the gentilic for the inhabitants of Bring It Retard?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Did anyone try the Community Call To Power mod? I liked CTP2 a lot so I'm tempted to check out something that brings Civ closer to it, but the impression I get is that the mod is a hodgepodge mess of clutter added without much thought given to notions such as "balance" or "fun".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It all makes sense balance-wise

Sure, it's a balance patch, it ought to make sense balance-wise.

But it absolutely doesn't make sense on any other point. When you have things that are just a random collection of bonuses with no logical tie to the concept they are supposed to be attached to, you might as well just remove entirely the real world names like "Burial Tomb" and "Truffle" and instead give them name like "Faith Building Type D" and "Luxury Resource #5".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

gfanikf posted:

Also slightly unrelated, but does anyone know what the rights situation to the first two Civ games are? I know copies are out there, but is there any reason it isn't on GOG?

No idea. They do have the original Colonization though. I always liked the population/army mechanism in Colonization, where to create troops you just need to create guns (and breed horses while you're at it), take a dude from the city, and equip him with the guns and horses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Just raze all his cities and destroy all his units until he either offers peace or disappear.

• Locked thread