Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Now I know to never use GMG to preorder anything, really expected I would be getting my key on time. Not sure why I expected that as I never ordered from them like this before but eh. now I know

Just because you didn't get the key exactly when it hit on Steam? Patience, grasshopper - the keys will come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

SlightlyMadman posted:

poo poo, what does it mean when it stops updating at 1% and changes the status to "Suspended?"

Either your internet is having problems or your Steam is having problems. Both can probably be solved with a Steam restart, like most things in life.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Beamed posted:

:allears: The PC Gamer rage on the GMG forums is delightful

Yeah, what the hell is wrong with these kids that can't wait a couple hours for their silly video game expansion? I swear, the word 'privileged' was invented for these shits.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Not to continue this derail, but :laffo::

Another privileged poo poo posted:

At this point I am pretty sure I am going to tell my bank to dispure the CC charge. I didn't get what I ordered or what they promised Disputing a charge against GMG shouldnt affect my Steam account right?

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Is the Pathfinder a variant on the Warrior or the Scout? It's better than both, it seems..

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I would still love to read GMG privileged forum posts snippets here while I wait.

Ask and you shall recieve! :)

horrible people parade posted:

yes this is the 9th of july, where steam users are getting the game already, next time if they didn't intend to give it to us ON TIME, please inform us maybe say AHEAD OF TIME? that way i can make my purchase on steam.

Like I said, my time = money.

even if they offered me games for 1$ iam never buying from them again like most people who has jobs and don't mind paying full price for games

That is the most bloody ridiculous rear end kissing excuse I've ever read, FINE don't care that you don't get the product you paid for when it's suposed to be released (YES IT IS RELEASED, NOW, NOT IN 3 HOURS, NOW), WE do, so you can *expletive deleted* right off and stop being the white knight of GMG we rightly don't give a crap about what you think is "okay", it's like going at some bloody restaurant and wait for 3 hours for your meal, and then some bloody idiot tell you "you'll get it EVENTUALLY", I didn't pay to get it eventually.

Been waiting for an hour, this is unacceptable. Definitely won't buy from GmG again unless a rep comes down here to tell us what's up and own up for their mistake.

I'm just preoccupying my time by watching Yugioh Abridged Marik's Evil Council with my brother. We are all just way too anxious.

Really tired of the GMG butt kissers here. I paid for a product, they have my money, I expect service. The end. That's how it works.

brocretin fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 9, 2013

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Underwhelmed posted:

The worth of a Person's time is almost universally inversely proportionate to the frequency at which they remind you how important it is.

I'm living proof of that, mining the internet for silly poo poo like this at this time of the night.

quote:

I think this'll be my last time ordering something like this from somewhere other than steam. I'm not saying that it's their fault about the keys, but the fact is I could have gotten in a few hours of playtime tonight, and instead I saved a couple bucks and I get zero gameplay tonight. I know it's only one day, but darn it, my time is worth more than a dollar an hour. Steam from here on out.

The thing that amazes me is just how important it is to these kids that they have what they want right now.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

quote:

I got 3 friends to buy from GMG with me. This sucks. I don't care about Gamersgate, Amazon, or whoever. GMG should have a rep on the forums explaining why our pre-order was worthless.

Emphasis mine.

some fucker called kenuty i guess he's a professional streamer or some bullshit posted:

But do you have a nice car? - mercedes benz
Are you good looking? -facebook
Is your spouse good looking? - asian girlfriend
Do you have a nice house? - 2 million dollra house
Do you have people that love you for who you are?....etc etc etc - family friends, and my followers

Related via flamewar. I just thought this was an entertaining insight into this one person's outlook on life.

OH NO posted:

THIS IS THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

a person on the civ v steam hub posted:

Venice has no settlers
For some reason Venice has no settlers after building your first city.
I double checked with Rome who do have settlers, I have not checked any other Civs yet,

My apologies for spamming up the thread with this stuff, there's just some funny poo poo going round on the Steam community hub.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Good lord the Terracotta Army sounds broken. I mean, I always thought it needed an actual effect to make it worth acquiring, but this isn't what I had in mind, Firaxis!

THE SADDEST NECKBEARD posted:

the opening scene made me shed some tears...
Menu theme song made the tears fall out... setting up a game atm

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

isndl posted:

Is he an official company representative or just a volunteer moderator? If the latter, there's not much more he can say.

I think he's just an overwhelmed volunteer, so yeah, there's very little he can do.

Also holy poo poo

WOW posted:

im ♥♥♥♥ign crying rightnow & i can barrely type, where is my GODAM KEY!!!!

brocretin fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 9, 2013

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Welp, hopefully GMG will get their act together tomorrow. If not, I guess we'll have more justified (but still likely funny) rage to mine.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

fake edit: Mac finally got the update for moving iron back to Bronze Working. Were there any other significant things in that patch?

Some AI improvements and new tile and unit graphics, but otherwise, no, not to my knowledge.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

In my experience, he doesn't give a gently caress about you if you're seperated by sea, but then again most AIs are less bellicose navally with me.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

She probably got Great Engineer points from some other wonder she built, which only payed off (conveniently) right after Guilds popped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

That MMO will either be awful and fail horribly or be good and still fail horribly. With any luck it'll at least be an interesting (and loving expensive) exercise in game design.

• Locked thread