Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
Heck I preodered from amazon and they saying 12 am pacific time, just giving me another reason to hate the west coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
How often do you guys move your original settler? Is it worth wasting a turn to move him to a hill or just suck it up and settle them where they drop?

I got my first BNW cultural victory today as Napoleon today. 6 civs, 3 on two continents, I ended up wiping out Korea (really starting to develop an irrational hatred for them) and Austria before I met Indian, Netherlands, and the Iroquois. It was kind of nice having plenty of choices of where to settle my cities without any competition. I need to get a better medium for war, I'm always all out war or I never fire a single shot.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep

Kyrosiris posted:

Well I'd posit that this is more due to TOR's almost exploitative F2P system that requires you to pay for such frivolities as being able to run or having more than one bar of hotkeys.

They actually changed that and now the people who buy the hotkeys bars get 2 more (6 instead of the basic 4), but in regards to civ 5 I got my first victory on king the other day. Granted it was a diplomacy victory but hey still counts. I lucked out in that I was next to Gandhi so the fact that I neglected an army for so long didn't hurt me, and by the time I did declare war on him I had allied with all the city states around him so they took care of his meager forces before he even got into range of my cities and i just rushed him with cannons and took him down.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
There is a good one earlier in this thread that honestly probably needs to be in the OP or something.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
If you are an ally (maybe friend?) with them you can gift them 200 gold to improve strategic resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
^^ swear that bit wasn't in there about AA guns when I replied, at this point now I'm wondering the same thing.

A quick google search says no the only option is to tech to AA guns.

Losem fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 10, 2013

• Locked thread