Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Necroneocon posted:

I agree. It's also weird to see people here (and the other forums) sticking up for businesses/corporations instead of other people and customers like themselves. People on those forums are upset and annoyed and are just letting out their frustration.

No wonder America made Corporations "people".

Well GMG is a British company so I dunno, would it still be a person?

It's what, super early there right now? Give it a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

jtm33 posted:

6am. Of course if they have to go to their offices to manually start sending the keys then it is completely understandable. I just thought it might be automatic.

Maybe it's just a matter of hitting a key at their offices for the automation

It sucks. But if I remember right they had the same thing going on for G&K, and BL2 I think. It's just not that big a deal. It's just inconvenient if you want to play :supaburn:right now:supaburn:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

jtm33 posted:

What's the bet that they don't get keys until the 12th. The page on GMG says the release date is the 12th for some reason.

It says the 12th because that's the international release date, and GMG is in the UK

thehumandignity posted:

GMG's site gives a release date of the 12th, so mystery solved, I guess. Time to play the "pirating software I paid for" game.

Boy I bet that makes it okay to do!

e: RagnarokAngel did it better

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

thehumandignity posted:

It probably is, if that's what it was advertised as, but when I ordered it it had the big "July 9th" banner over it that some people are posting screenshots of now. Now, the game's page on the GMG store says 12th. That isn't cool. It's not a big deal to me, certainly not enough to cancel the charge, or swear off buying from GMG again, or even enough to complain to them, but it isn't okay.

http://i.imgur.com/3AwBnX5.jpg

Totally still the same and they totally didn't magically change it on you. (Unless you're not in the US)

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

thehumandignity posted:

Okay, I faked that screenshot.

Okay and if it says the 12th you may not be in the US and could be in fact somewhere that isn't the US, where the game is coming out on the 12th.

If you're in the US then that's really god drat weird.

Edit: ragnarokangel is faster than me phone posting is as bad as preordering from GMG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

thehumandignity posted:

I'm not in the US but previously I always saw the "July 9th" banner that everyone else seems to. Now I see this. I don't particularly mind waiting until the 12th, but it isn't right to change something like that on someone after they've already paid.

Well that's still kinda dumb that it showed the 9th despite you not being in the US so I dunno! Sucks if their automated system is messed up!

• Locked thread