Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Drogadon posted:

Mynor Escoe never played for Charleoi and went back to the purples in shame.

JJ Ruiz left Peruwelz and hopefully will start playing for Lille.

So this season I only have to care about and/or keep an eye on Club Brugge to see how Oscar Duarte and hopefully Andres Flores are doing.

Duarte has (after today) 1 game left of a 2-game ban. Judging from last year he's class and he'll do well.

Flores was testing here but has been sent back because he wasn't in shape. They say they'll keep an eye on him, but I don't see him returning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Making him captain... I dunno. Seems rather stupid but if that was a condition of Chelsea then whatever, make him captain. Could've been more subtle in communicating it with the others though.

But obligated to take all setpieces, that's beyond retarded. That's something that should be earned by being good at them. At least, it should be in any team that has the least bit of self-respect. But I suppose that's lacking there.

As for Malanda: gently caress him. First he's whining about 'stuff has happened there, you don't want to know', then just goes back there for (half) a year. If it was that bad, don't go back you retard. Now he's just exposed as a whiny oval office.

If it was because he was at minimum wage and wanted more, why not just say that? If it really was that low a wage, everybody would have understood.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
First trainer fired, whoo! But what club? Bergen or Oostende, joint last with 2 points? Another team that's (much) lower than they want to be at this point?

No! It's Club Brugge, in second place right now with 17 points out of 21!

Why? Who knows, maybe they're just used to firing someone every year.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Jan Ceulemans (July 1, 2005–April 3, 2006)
Emilio Ferrera (April 3, 2006–Jan 28, 2007)
Čedomir Janevski (Jan 28, 2007–June 30, 2007)
Jacky Mathijssen (July 1, 2007–June 30, 2009)
Adrie Koster (July 1, 2009–Oct 30, 2011)
Rudy Verkempinck (interim) (Oct 31, 2011–Nov 9, 2011)
Christoph Daum (Nov 9, 2011–May 14, 2012)
Georges Leekens (May 14, 2012–Nov 5, 2012)
Juan Carlos Garrido (Nov 15, 2012–Sep 19, 2013)
? (2013 - ?)

10 in 8 years. Sweet.

(Well, make it 9. Verkempinck doesn't count.)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Confirmed rumours: http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20130919_012

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Trainer death 3: Gent keeps copying Club in everything they do, but worse.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

beedeebee posted:

We don't have an owner with more money than sense, or 18 different trainers and ipads that track players or w/e :colbert:.

Anyway, wonder who the next trainer will be. And how much it will affect the performance of the players. It can't get much worse, but still...

What is it now, 4 trainers in 1 year?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
What's this, Club can take the lead? This will not do, better give them 2 red cards and their opponent 2 penalties.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

R. Mute posted:

shameful refs plotting to keep tiny underdog club brugge down

http://nieuws.vtm.be/stadion/64877-kortrijk-club-brugge

Only in Belgium. Referees are massively incompetent and a bunch of them are, let's say, not really neutral.

You only have to watch a game with foreign commentary to realize how bad the refs really are. Commentators are practically always amazed at the dumb decisions they make.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
To be fair? Giving a red card to one player instead of another is fair? Giving Club all the yellows and almost none to Kortrijk is fair? Tackle with two feet forward, not giving a foul, and letting them score from that is fair? Red card at the end and most likely asking for a suspension is fair? (Ref said afterwards that red was for a reaction, which is frankly even more retarded than the penalty itself.) FAIR???

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

R. Mute posted:

No, but it is understandable. If a bunch of Club players have been playing dirty all game - Mechele and Odjidja got off easy, I hear - then you know what way a ref's going to fall when he's in doubt. It's not fair, actually, but it's always going to go that way.

Yes, Club players were playing dirty all game. I mean look at this:

Oh, wait.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I for one am completely in favor. Belgian referees are incompetent assholes and he is one of the worst.

About time they complained about it.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

quote:

25/04 VOETBAL BINNENLAND Scheidsrechtersbaas Robert Jeurissen laat Alexandre Boucaut een tijdje geen wedstrijden meer fluiten van Anderlecht. Na de hevige kritiek op Boucauts wedstrijdleiding in Zulte-Anderlecht, wil de Centrale Scheidsrechterscommissie (CSC) voorkomen dat paars-wit hen wraakt. Dat schrijft Het Nieuwsblad.
Volgens Jeurissen heeft Anderlecht geen verzoek ingediend bij de CSC om Boucaut te wraken. "Ik heb niets ontvangen. Maar ik ga wel vermijden dat Boucaut voor de komende wedstrijden van Anderlecht wordt aangeduid. We willen niet provoceren na wat er afgelopen weekend gebeurd is.

Geen uitsluitsel

Al kan ik niet uitsluiten dat hij dit seizoen nog een wedstrijd van Anderlecht fluit, ook al zijn er nog maar vijf speeldagen te gaan in Play-Off I", verklaarde de scheidsrechtersbaas.

http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/42282/Scheidsrechter_Boucaut_krijgt_kritiek_na_Roemeense_topper#ixzz2jys3XaN5

And Filip Joos should probably shut the gently caress up:

http://www.gva.be/sport/voetbal/voetbal-binnenland/filip-joos-vier-wedstrijden-als-voetballer-geschorst-wegens-wangedrag.aspx

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Thomas Meunier :allears:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

beedeebee posted:

Still lolling that Anderlecht lost on penalties. You can't make that poo poo up.

Van Den Brom didn't deem it necessary to train on penalties. That's pretty much beyond stupid, they should be training on that every goddamn day.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

R. Mute posted:

John Bico can go gently caress himself.

I think Club maintains a blacklist of rear end in a top hat managers they don't do business with any more. Seems like a good idea.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Shameful, truly and utterly shameful.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Being total shite and still gaining points, Club is the best.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Didn't watch because I knew we'd get screwed by the referee anyway. Looks like I was right, what a surprise.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I like how everyone sees the results for one weekend and concludes team A is going to win the title. Then the week after team A loses and now team B is going to win the title.

There's still 7 games left and every week just 6 teams play each other. That's massive and everyone keeps underestimating how much of a difference the small amount of teams makes.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

belgend posted:

He is really good at loving with defenses but we really need goals after Lestienne's turned a bit poo poo and well, Tom's no Puskas.

De Sutter is good at nothing. Worthless as targetman, slow, low work rate, bad technique, doesn't score many goals. He's poo poo and if we don't get the title this year the biggest cause will be that our primary striker sucks. I blame Lestienne's bad form on him too.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Don't confuse him getting tired really early with working hard.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
We never wanted to win it, that's why we started the season without any strikers.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Blue Army doesn't have anything to do with this you momo.

Also congrats to the police for having exactly 0 police officers there.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
gently caress yes eat poo poo Standard.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'm sure adding Vanden Borre and Proto and getting rid of Simons is going to do miracles for the atmosphere in the group.

Vanden Borre is going to add a much needed working spirit and Proto will be so happy sitting in the stands as a backup to Courtois and Mignolet.

Combined with the tactical mastermind of Wilmots and this campaign can't fail.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

R. Mute posted:

I think I read somewhere they were going to drag Simons along as a non-player, so he can essentially do the same thing he's been doing so far.

That's dumb. The value of Simons in a group is that he's a training maniac who will lead by example. Put him outside the group and he loses most of his value there. Plus you could still use him as a defensive player who will do exactly as he's told and who is as close to a guaranteed goal as possible when you let him take a penalty kick.

Anyway, I don't particularly care that he won't go, because as you said he would most likely not play for a minute.

But when you replace team players by lazy egomaniacs, that's a very risky choice. I haven't forgotten how Mertens recovered a ball that Vanden Borre couldn't be bothered with in a recent game and I had assumed Wilmots would have seen that too. It appears he hasn't.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Who did exactly jack poo poo for us.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Club Brugge transfers are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

belgend posted:

Menegazzo is very ehhhhh but De fauw is probably the best Hogli replacement we can get early + cheap.

Get back to me when we sell Meunier without getting a replacement for him because we already have one.

uXs fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 20, 2014

• Locked thread