Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Of Ages posted:

This is true and also why I don't check bags unless absolutely necessary, especially for international trips. Again, I try to set myself up for success with maximum flexibility and options so checking bags is a big dent in that effort.
Also ensures the airline doesn't lose your poo poo. Normally it's not the end of the world if you're going home or will be staying at your destination but Iberia just lost my friend's bag on the way to Costa Rica so she had to stay an extra day in SJO instead of loving off immediately

Generally I find that I can easily pack what I need into the cabin luggage just fine. One small roller bag and "personal item" which can be a 20l backpack. Unless you need several suits or like diving or skiing gear or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HookShot posted:

Why wouldn't she just go where she planned and get her luggage delivered there?

SAS lost my skis on a flight from LAX to Stockholm once, I booked on a separate carrier to fly to Munich a day later (after the next flight would arrive) and drove to Austria, my skis ended up getting delivered to my hotel in Austria.
I think that was to avoid them messing that up too. She was going to some lodge in the middle of a rainforest that required a boat and a 4x4 to get to so who knows how that'd work out.

E: seems like Saudia's new schedule is out and I'd now have a 30h layover instead of 4 or whatever if I accept it

On the upside that should get me a free hotel and visa so it might not be a bad thing

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 4, 2024

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Saladman posted:

"A while back" is an absolutely massive difference, since having fun was legalized in 2019-ish. Everyone I know who has been to KSA in the past few years has loved it, including Riyadh.

Not sure I’d relish a 30 hour layover, but could be worse. I had a 18 hour layover in Incheon this summer, and basically couldn’t do anything during that time. Landed at like 5pm and took off at like 11 the following morning.
30 hours is at least a full day to look around. Also they have a program to extend that to up 4 days for free, schedule allowing obviously. I mean even if it sucks like North Korea at least it's something new, right :v:

Obviously I can still just have it refunded of course.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

I think that was to avoid them messing that up too. She was going to some lodge in the middle of a rainforest that required a boat and a 4x4 to get to so who knows how that'd work out.

E: seems like Saudia's new schedule is out and I'd now have a 30h layover instead of 4 or whatever if I accept it

On the upside that should get me a free hotel and visa so it might not be a bad thing
So to follow up on this, they don't want to rebook me on this flight. I've tried several different helpdesk numbers and actually went into a brick and mortar office in Madrid (they told me to call the line but were helpful by trying to find different options).

Sometimes the website has multiple options

but sometimes they disappear completely. Which happened during my last attempt lol. Still eventually I got the guy to admit that there's a flights with the ~30h layover, but he still didn't want to make the change because it's not "one flight with a connection" or something. Even though it does show up in the booking system. They really want me to take the refund but I just want to go to Koreaaaaa :qq: