Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005
I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
I'm looking for a one-way flight from Glasgow (GLA) to Calgary (YYC) on September 4th. So far I've only come across Air Transat as the cheapest. Any suggestions?

Edit: Could also be flexible for a few days after the 4th, am willing to fly with stops in between, and could also fly from a nearby airport if it's cheaper.

Grouco fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005

Mackieman posted:

Do you have any flexibility? On September 5 I see AirTransat at $1075USD, but you can do IcelandAir for $842USD (two stops, KEF and YHZ, transfering to WestJet). If you must travel on the 4th, then yeah, not a ton of options as they're only offering full Y or B (one fare class down from Y) for the TATL (trans-atlantic) leg. See FAQ #2 for more on that.

Yea, I see that on the 5th. I've never had to book through a travel agent before, do I just take them the fare construction info?

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005

Mackieman posted:

You can, but Orbitz is pricing it out as well. No reason not to book there. I'm surprised Hipmunk didn't see it, but such is life.

Edit: Oh poo poo, I just noticed that the plane change in Halifax is actually an overnight. If that doesn't work for you, $905 for an Aer Lingus flight that connects in DUB and ORD, over to United for the run up to YYC, $905. Hipmunk can book that one. If you do that, immigration is not so bad because you clear customs and immigration in Dublin on the way out, so the flight arrives at ORD as a domestic flight. Much easier to connect.

Cheers. Overnight is no problem, but I'll think about it some more. Might just take the Aer Lingus on the 4th and save myself some hassle.

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005
I'm looking to fly from YYC to GLA on Nov 12, returning Dec 3. It looks like British Airways for ~$1060 is a good bet, especially since I prefer the 8pm departure time (one less vacation day I need to burn). I'll probably end up booking around the end of this month... hopefully that's not too late. I figure at least 3 months in advance is safe enough?

It also occurs to me that flying just to London and then catching a train might be cheaper?

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005
I'll be over in Frankfurt for a funded research/study trip later this Spring, and I'm planning on taking a bit of a holiday afterwards on my own dime.

Right now I'm looking at flying from:

- Frankfurt (FRA) to Casablanca (CMN) on May 1 (stay for 3-4 days)
- Casablanca (CMN) to London (any) on May 4 (stay for 3-4 days)
- London (any) to Calgary (YYC) on May 8

When I price it out as 3x separate one-way trips, my total cost is ~$1200, but when I'm quoting it as a "multi-city" trip on one ticket it's about 4 grand. Is that because the main carrier is taking on more risk by contracting all the flights through a code share?

Is planning a trip using multiple one-way flights normal (sorry I don't travel much :ohdear:)? Aside from totally missing my check-ins is there anything I need to worry about?

Grouco fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 27, 2016

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005
Would someone be able to look into CMN to LON one-way on May 5 for me?

I found what seems like a great flight on Google Flights for ~$170 (Marketed as IB 7970, BA 465), which appears to be an Iberia flight to Madrid operated by Air Maroc, and then Madrid to Heathrow with BA. Google Flights doesn't give me a direct link to book, but tells me to talk to a travel agent or call British Airways directly. I also found the same flight offered on Orbitz, but am a bit wary of booking through a Third Party.

But then when I searched on ITA matrix, that same flight didn't show up, and all the alternatives are much more expensive ($600-$800). I also looked up the flight on the Iberia and BA websites directly... but they were all much more expensive than the ~$170 flight I found previously.

I also searched on the Air Maroc site, and they have a bunch of flights available that didn't show up anywhere else!

Can one of you work your magic and make a recommendation?

Grouco fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

If your hang up is over Orbitz, stop. Orbitz is completely legit. If you can get your price there then do it

Thanks, good to know.