Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ascetic Crow posted:

This thread is for all the stupid fan poo poo about Sailor Moon, like this: Sailor Jupiter is the best Sailor. Deal with it. :colbert:

You have great taste.

Amarie posted:

I still have the whole original series on DVD to tide me over til then, minus the infamous beach episode.

The only thing I heard about the delay was that they couldn't decide who the marketing was aimed at. Original fans? Little kids? Middle aged men?

Been a while since I've watched the series. What's up with the beach episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

North of Gravity posted:

Holy poo poo, I was completely obsessed with Sailor Moon when I was 10. One of my friends had introduced me to it, and she used to mail checks to these people in Canada who would send her fan-subbed VHS copies of the unaired 5th season. This thread is bringing back so much nostalgia.

However, I can't believe no one's linked the goofiest Sailor Moon commercial to ever air yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iMcg9hLw0E

"The negaverse is trying to drown the planet." :geno:

Pffffthahahaha. Oh wow.

Mercury's hair is the absolute best.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Pyrotoad posted:

For all its faults, the dub still had some pretty awesome 90s music (spoilers for most of the series in all these videos by the way).

You left out the best song.

That's Stan Bush, for the record. Personally I like it better than either of the songs he did for Transformers.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

U.T. Raptor posted:

Also, her third attack (which never made it into the anime because gently caress if I know :shrug:) was Coconut Cyclone.

Forget the Thunder Dragon. Coconut Cyclone is where it's at.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Good news guys! The new series is on it's way!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-09/new-sailor-moon-anime-by-toei-to-start-in-july

...oh. July, huh? :(

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Kaja Rainbow posted:

I remember the time in the manga Jupiter took out a monster by basically suplexing it--before she became a magical girl.

I think I should actually get around to reading the manga.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

She's Got The Power is the best Sailor Moon dub song, nerds. :colbert:

Personally, I like more then both of the songs that Stan Bush did for the Transformers movie.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The first episode of Crystal was pretty good. I thought Ami getting caught in the rain at the end of the episode was a pretty cute touch.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I remember watching Sailor Moon waaay back in the day, but I have no idea what channel it was on. It wasn't Cartoon Network, this was a few years before that. I remember it came on in the early mornings (before? after?) a Littlest Pet Shop cartoon, and they only showed Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R, so they looped over from the beginning of the series quite a few times.

Part of me wants to say it was on NBC, but that can't be right, can it?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

But yeah, I was a guy and it was uncool to watch Sailor moon, besides my parents made fun of me for watching it too.
Screw that. Me and all my buddies loved Sailor Moon, and I watched it in front of my parents and grandparents all the time. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

KariOhki posted:

Another clip, this time of Luna's intro http://youtu.be/pS_uDeu_3SQ

I liked the first clip, but this one isn't impressing me. I really don't like Luna's voice here.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Just chiming in to agree with everyone who said Jupiter is the best.

Mercury's a close second.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Thanks for visiting my site. Sign my guestbook and check out other Minako-chan shrines in my webring!

*clicks on visitor counter*

I'm totally not ashamed to admit that I totally had a Makoto fansite back in the day. :colbert:

But I used Angelfire, not Geocities. I wish I could remember the name of the page. I would love to see if it's somehow managed to survive this long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-08/3rd-season-of-sailor-moon-crystal-spring-premiere-new-staff-revealed/.97352

Welp. Season 3 confirmed.

Was season 2 any kind of an upgrade from the first?

• Locked thread