Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busydelicious
Jan 5, 2009

they call it chivalry
never pull a punch for free
I can only hope that Sailor Saturn gets some decent screen time. Canonically, aren't her powers the only ones that are on par with that of Sailor Moon herself?

Also, just out of curiosity, how many of you guys bought the recently re-released manga translation of Sailor Moon? You think purchasing power in the west at all influenced the new series or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busydelicious
Jan 5, 2009

they call it chivalry

Chrysolith posted:

There's going to be a NicoNico livestream announcement with some new information tomorrow! It looks like they'll be talking about the anime, a new musical, and possibly more. If anyone's interested, you can watch it here if you don't have a premium NicoNico account. I don't know if I'll be watching, but I'll be hoping we finally get an air date, at the very least. It'll air at 4am EST, Sunday.

Did anyone here know about the new musical? I don't think I've heard a single thing about it, but I'm not too interested in the musicals. Am I missing out? All the live action stuff seemed so drat cheesy, so I really don't pay much attention to it.

Thank you so much for this update! I don't know if I'll be awake for it, BUT as soon as I wake up on Sunday I know there'll be awesome news to see!

Also, who bought the final manga re-release? It made me so irrationally happy to finally buy it. I just know, that once the new series airs, I'm gonna spend so much money on merch. My husband might kill me, but my will is weak and my love of Sailor Moon is so drat strong!

Omg, what if there are new video games?! Like, a true Sailor Moon RPG like the Utena one on the SEGA Saturn CD (where you were a new student/duelist with multiple endings!)? That would be the best.

busydelicious
Jan 5, 2009

they call it chivalry

a kitten posted:

I bought the first 6 volumes as a box set and since I couldn't wait a few months until the second 6 get one I bought the rest of them about a week ago and just finished up reading Vol. 12 yesterday.

Someone earlier posted about how, in the manga the rest of the Sailors don't get much character development at all; they pretty much just show up and shoot a special attack and that's about it. There's bits and pieces of characterization, but I think I filled in large parts of their personalities with ideas I had about them from the anime.

That's ok though, it was totally worth the read; I really liked her artwork and occasionally there will be a page, or even just a panel that's really eye-poppingly beautiful. I especially love when she just has Sailor Moon's already impossibly long hair just continue right off of the page seemingly to infinity.

As a random sample of what I mean, look at this: (sorry it's the old, flipped tokyopop version, couldn't find scans of the new translation)

Hair and ribbons right off of the page, panels over and under and behind each other. There's pages where characters step through and peek around panel borders, and pages where the panels borders are created by weapons or hair.

I guess what I'm saying is Naoko Takeuchi is a pretty skilled comics artist. :shobon:

Well, at least in the recent release, they hint that the senshi will be reborn again and again since their star seeds will never perish. Perhaps all they do is add a layer of complexity every time they are reborn... Naoko is extremely insane in her level of artistry. That much is for sure!

busydelicious
Jan 5, 2009

they call it chivalry
If they do another season, all I want out of it is a whole lotta Sailor Saturn merch. Ya know, vs the small amount before. Being a huge fan of her and Pluto is outright frustrating for cool figs, etc.

• Locked thread