Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Sailor Mars forever, you all are wrong on the internet :colbert:

I already knew about anime when Sailor Moon came to the US, but it was the first one I could watch on the TV and not have to deal with whatever tapes my brother had lying around. Long story short, I'm about the same as everyone else in the thread with gigantic nostalgia, except that even at 11 I had the taste not to watch DBZ. :v: (also I don't think we got the channel it was on)

I still have pages/posters from a Sailor Moon calendar spread out all over the walls of my old room at my parents house. At least it's not my current room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Yeah, my brother had to get me tapes of Sailor Moon from Canadian nerds so I could finish watching R. We never had Cartoon Network (much as I wanted it as a child), so that was the only way. I think the tapes are still at my parent's house.

Then by the time they finally got around to S I was over it and wasn't interested in watching some cut up dub when I could just get my own fansubbed anime.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Yeah, when I found out about that attack I associated Bomber with the plane and figured it was just some sort of weird Engrishy way of saying Tuxedo Mask was flying in and attacking, like a bomber aircraft. It wasn't until this thread that I realised it was supposed to be jackets all along.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

Sailor Moon has one of the craziest fandoms in the universe

Are we talking crazy by goon standards, or actually crazy?

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

Well, it is pretty much the best one, no shame there. And it's not like it's quiet, it's just not mixed as prominently as the voices.

Excuse me, but La Soldier. :colbert:

• Locked thread