Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Momoiro Clover Z is (or at least markets themselves as) an anti-idol group and has a neat gimmick at least. Don't knock 'em.

And the best Sailors are the Starlights. Trans Senshi princes :hellyeah:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

Not sure if the Canadian dub is different from the US one, but the US dub made lots of changes to make everyone more cliche/one-note, changed everyone's first names (but not their family names, oddly), and edited Haruka and Michiru so they were cousins. But kept all their flirting dialogue. And didn't edit out any of the more obviously romantic scenes.

The US dub got weird when they were introduced, is what I'm saying.

Meatball-head, rice burgers, :effort: Americanized names (where the gently caress did Lita come from?), Sailor Moon Says and kissing cousins. Dub Anime in the 90's :allears:

I was another one of those kids who watched both DBZ and Sailor Moon; the softer (yet still action packed) SM was a nice palate cleanser for PUNCHING AND YELLING AND TAKING CONSTIPATION FACES TO ANOTHER DIMENSION.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

aers posted:

As for the part about pedophiles, Japan must have a massive population of 4-12 year old pedophiles then.

They indoctrinate them early.

• Locked thread