Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
Man oh, oh man, Sailor Moon. While the first anime series I was exposed to were Speed Racer, Gatchaman (G-Force: Guardians of Space version), and Robotech, I was just the right age when Sailor Moon came on the air. At the same time I was also getting into Dragon Ball/DBZ and Ronin Warriors, so I got to have my magical girls acting like real girls, my wacky adventures that segued into POWER LEVELS, and my magical pretty boys with ARMOR LEVELS. I met my best friend thanks to Sailor Moon; fan art I drew of the characters got posted on one of my teacher's walls so my friend asked who drew them and sought me out because she too like the show. We both are currently buying the new translation of the manga, it has been really fun revisiting the series with her and sending each other cards with doodles of the characters like we did in the old days.

Speaking of the old days, it was still the time where unless you lived in a city with a Japantown or Chinatown, good loving luck finding anime merch of any kind. The local comic book stores would get bootleg items like playing cards on occasion and we would save up to make them our own. I remember diligently exploring Geocities and Angelfire for any pictures and information I could get my hands on, recording mp2s that took hours to download onto a cassette tape so I could play songs from the Japanese version for my friends. It blew our drat minds how similar the Japanese opening song sounded to the English opening song! Ah, sweet youth.

P.S. Buy Pop-Tarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Moon Revenge talk reminded me of my favorite song from the musicals, Sailor War. My favorite version has to be Supreme from the Stars revisions though, so much going on at once yet it works so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZe3a_yDQb4

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

I am watching the Niconico stream and so far the biggest news for the anime is that Mitsuishi Kotono is back as Moon, the rest of the inners are being voiced by new actresses.

e:
Moon: Mitsuishi Kotono
Mars: Rina Satô
Jupiter: Ami Koshimizu
Venus: Shizuka Ito
Mercury: Hisako Kanemoto

ee:
The anime will start airing on July 5th. The designs are still kinda meh but Naoko personally approved them so we'll see what they are like in action.

I Watson fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 27, 2014

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Yes, the designs look much better outside of that one still they used in the event. As far as Nico goes, I watched the simulcast of Blood-C with no problems on it a couple of years ago, in fact it was fun to put the annotations on when the series went way the hell off the rails. Has the general watching experience improved or declined since then?

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

I liked the first episode of Crystal quite a bit, but my true love is for the continued complaining about how it isn't good at all because it is not the ORIGINAL anime. I like to supplement it with a heaping side of how people are still bitter about Viz not using the DiC dub or its cast for the new release. Come on people, the original dub had its moments and gets a lot of undue flack, but it isn't sacred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh hey, it took a while but we got our first "death" scene which, whilst it didn't exactly show Mamrou's face being reduced to it's skeleton like the manga is pretty much on par with how deaths are presented in the comic.

Which is pretty drat :black101: as far as I'm concerned.

Can't wait to see if they're going to have Usagi murdering Evil!Mamoru with that fantastically stabby sword. :sparkles:+:black101:

• Locked thread